Update on renovations to The Ralph

I was wondering what the Canada House was, and wondering if you knew.

I believe it's the designated location for all fans who supported the Bills in Toronto series to gather and reminisce.

It's an 8x8 room.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the the renovations are behind schedule. There was 3 high school football games schedule for Sept 5 but are now canceled so the renovations can be finished.

Aren't the Bills playing a preseason game there next week?

Any idea on how far behind they actually are?

I remember the head of the construction team months ago comparing whether they were going to finish before the first home preseason game to a "play at the plate." I think the schedule has always been tight and while they may not have everything done on time, it looks like all of the major renovations will be done and the rest will be minor sprucing up.

I remember the head of the construction team months ago comparing whether they were going to finish before the first home preseason game to a "play at the plate." I think the schedule has always been tight and while they may not have everything done on time, it looks like all of the major renovations will be done and the rest will be minor sprucing up.

thats what I was hoping, I only live 10 minutes from there and we drive by time to time to see the progress, so I was just wondering if it's something big or just minor pieces that need to be done.

Any idea on how far behind they actually are?

I live 2.5 miles from the Ralph and probably drive by twice a week at a minimum. Understanding that I know bupkis about large construction projects, it doesn't look like it's a little over one week away from primetime. The store appeared to be half finished and there seemed to be a decent amount of work left to be done around the gates. Overall as of 8PM EDT today, it looked a long way from being done.

Again, not being a construction guy, it's possible I'm overreacting, but the place didn't give me the vibe of a venue that was about to host 40,000 people in 10 days.

There was a parent at the cub scout camp that I work at who is on the construction crew. He was telling me that he is under the impression that they will be ready for the TB game, with the exception of some landscaping stuff and other minor things.

The Bills have updated the seating chart maps, showing the new gates now....

http://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/maps.html

Interesting Jack. They've added a big section to both the Van and Paul Clubs and now instead of the 20 you can be at the 40 for the best seat in each. I doubt they added any extra bars, bathrooms or food in those two clubs so sadly they become more overcrowded like the Kelly Club. But that's ok I guess. The real benefits lie everywhere else in the stadium and I could be wrong, maybe they added more bars or temporary booths to accommodate the extra seats. As a ballpark I'm guessing an extra 500 Club seats.

I am looking forward to walking around and seeing all the changes at the Saturday pre season game. No better time to wander the stadium than the fourth quarter of that game lol.

Interesting Jack. They've added a big section to both the Van and Paul Clubs and now instead of the 20 you can be at the 40 for the best seat in each. I doubt they added any extra bars, bathrooms or food in those two clubs so sadly they become more overcrowded like the Kelly Club. But that's ok I guess. The real benefits lie everywhere else in the stadium and I could be wrong, maybe they added more bars or temporary booths to accommodate the extra seats. As a ballpark I'm guessing an extra 500 Club seats.

I am looking forward to walking around and seeing all the changes at the Saturday pre season game. No better time to wander the stadium than the fourth quarter of that game lol.

Are you certain that 235A and 232A are part of those two clubs? I don't see any option on the Bills' site to purchase a ticket in those "sections" -- and on the map there is a dividing line that seems to separate them from the club. Maybe I'll ask my ticket rep.

Are you certain that 235A and 232A are part of those two clubs? I don't see any option on the Bills' site to purchase a ticket in those "sections" -- and on the map there is a dividing line that seems to separate them from the club. Maybe I'll ask my ticket rep.

I'm kinda wondering that myself, since an "A" usually designates a suite. And with moving the press box to the corner, maybe part of it was converted for suites.

No I'm not sure at all other than looking at that new stadium layout that Jack provided. It seems to me that those are an extension of the clubs. It has been talked about for a few years actually of moving the press box and adding more seats there. This diagram looks to me like that is exactly what they've done.