My $5.00 Bet

I dropped a good friend off at the airport today. He is going out to Vegas for a business trip for 4 days but is going to only have 1 day worth of work. On his departure I gave him $5.00 to put on the Bills to win the Superbowl this year. NOW... before you all go crazy calling me names and making fun I am a realist that the odds they have on the Bills to win it at 75 to 1 (only the Raiders and Jags were worse at 100 to 1) I told him that I know you might as well light that $5.00 bill on fire right now since those odds are pretty realistic. The moral of the story is that if you call yourself a Bills fan, you make that bet even if it means $5.00 less in your pocket is almost as much of a sure thing as the national debt increasing from 2014 to 2015. And hey, if lightning strikes I'll be $375 richer! GO BILLS!

Edited by MClem06

I dropped a good friend off at the airport today. He is going out to Vegas for a business trip for 4 days but is going to only have 1 day worth of work. On his departure I gave him $5.00 to put on the Bills to win the Superbowl this year. NOW... before you all go crazy calling me names and making fun I am a realist that the odds they have on the Bills to win it at 75 to 1 (only the Raiders and Jags were worse at 100 to 1) I told him that I know you might as well light that $5.00 bill on fire right now since those odds are pretty realistic. The moral of the story is that if you call yourself a Bills fan, you make that bet even if it means $5.00 less in your pocket is almost as much of a sure thing as the national debt increasing from 2014 to 2015. And hey, if lightning strikes I'll be $375 richer! GO BILLS!

75 to 1? My boss is there right now and told me they have the bills winning the SB at 200 to 1. I believe he's at New York, New York.

Edited by The Wiz

Okay so you guys have deeper pockets than I do but I'm calling out anyone who has plans to place more than $5.00 on this team right now??? Are you crazy?

Call me out then bro. Have $200 on them wining the AFC, and $50 on them wining the whole shooting match.

Will hedge the poop out of the SB bet if they actually win the AFC :thumbsup::worthy:

Don't listen to these fellas calling you out over only throwing down $5. First rule of betting, don't bet more than you can afford to lose, especially on a long shot. You didn't. Good job. Hope you win!

Call me out then bro. Have $200 on them wining the AFC, and $50 on them wining the whole shooting match.

Will hedge the poop out of the SB bet if they actually win the AFC :thumbsup::worthy:

Your best bet would be if the Bills made the Super Bowl & were the favorites. Then you could hedge your bet by betting the NFC rep getting points & possibly win it both ways(Bills win but don't cover). If the Bills get in there & our underdogs you will be forced to bet the money line.