9/11 museum in NYC has a gift shop

I don't know many museums where they allow people to carry.

HR 218 allows law enforcement officers to carry anywhere in the United States. There are some exceptions, mainly federal buildings, but most have lock boxes to secure your firearm in. A lot of these guys knew someone that died. God knows what they were exposed to when digging through the pile at ground zero. Let them carry their weapon inside the museum.

Maybe it can help pay for the health care of the first responders on 9-11

WASHINGTON — Republican senators blocked Democratic legislation on Thursday that sought to provide medical care to rescue workers and others who became ill as a result of breathing in toxic fumes, dust and smoke at the site of the World Trade Center attack in 2001.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/10/nyregion/10health.html?_r=0

Maybe it can help pay for the health care of the first responders on 9-11

WASHINGTON — Republican senators blocked Democratic legislation on Thursday that sought to provide medical care to rescue workers and others who became ill as a result of breathing in toxic fumes, dust and smoke at the site of the World Trade Center attack in 2001.

http://www.nytimes.c...ealth.html?_r=0

Do you not think that those rescue workers were already covered by their union health care plans? Are the unions abandoning them? On a side note, just think how all of this would be a moot point if Clinton had taken Osama Bin Laden when he was offered up.

Do you not think that those rescue workers were already covered by their union health care plans? Are the unions abandoning them? On a side note, just think how all of this would be a moot point if Clinton had taken Osama Bin Laden when he was offered up.

Republicans blocking the 9-11 heroes health care, how disgusting.

Republicans are abandoning these heroes, not the poor unions

I don't know why I'm even responding to your sorry ass, but you need to reconcile the reasons that the unions are throwing the first responders under the bus.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I don't know why I'm even responding to your sorry ass, but you need to reconcile the reasons that the unions are throwing the first responders under the bus.

Clearly it's because of Republican obstructionism and racism.

Instead of being diverted by a 4 year old, out of context NYT article, that does not apply to the thread...........................

Here are some pertinent ones

As 9/11 Museum Opens, These New Yorkers Will Stay Away ...

Film at 9/11 Museum Sets Off Clash Over Reference to Islam ...

and

Survivors, families outraged over 9/11 museum gift shop

I've never seen a museum that didn't have a gift shop. That's their source of funding. Like concessions at a movie theater.

It's not like they're selling burning Twin Towers snowglobes. People will always B word.

I went to there this past winter. The museum and gift shop weren't open but the endless waterfall and names were there.

Edited by John Adams

It's not like they're selling burning Twin Towers snowglobes. People will always B word.

I shouldn't be laughing at this, but the image is so incredibly offensive that I can't help it.

I shouldn't be laughing at this, but the image is so incredibly offensive that I can't help it.

I'm sure the snowglobes won't show building seven being pulled.

/conspiracy