It's not just EJ that has to improve

Marone, Hackett, Crossman Woods, Goodwin all need to step it up.

Woods was okay as a rookie, but he needs to play like a vet this year. TJ Graham may be our most experienced receiver and he sucks.

Goodwin needs to show he is not just some flash. We don't need him and TJ, he needs to send TJ into retirement.

Crossman is a big question mark. He has never shown that he belongs in the NFL.

Hackett is a kid playing with toys, there is nothing I have seen in his game plan that is impressive. Sure he'd like to run an up tempo offense but he couldn't even manage a slow tempo offense last year.

Marone made a lot of big mistakes. He needs to show he is the boss on the sidelines not just some guy wearing the mike. So far he reminds me of Mike Mularkey.

It won't matter if EJ improves if these guys don't.

I promise you if EJ steps up his game he wil make the GM look like a genius, the surrounding players look like all-pros and the Doug Marone look like a Hall of Fame coach. Lets just demonstrate by a few examples what a great QB can do for a franchise and a coach.

Bill Belichick gets fired from Cleveland Browns where he had terrible QB play and goes to the Patriots where he has Bledsoe and soon to be Brady. Now he has a ton of Super Bowls and is a lock for the Hall of Fame.

Marv Levy gets fired by the Kansas City Chiefs where he had little to work with at QB and comes to the Bills and wins win Jim Kelly. Results, Hall of Fame coach.

Pete Carroll gets fired after an aging Boomer Esiason coldn't get the job done and comes to the Seahawks where Russell Wilson is doing amazing things and he wins a Super Bowl.

John Foxx gets fired from the Panthers after he had the one year wonder Jake Delhome flop and lands with the Broncos where Manning brings him to a Super Bowl.

This is a common trend, a solid QB makes the entire team look better and keeps a coach from getting fired.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Hackett won me over when he orchestrated an offense to the tune of 400+ yards against the number one ranked defense with his 4th string QB

Twice in 16 games our offense looked unprepared. 3 different QBs, all with less than ten starts to their name.

In any other year, with another coaching staff that would have been a 6-9 loss to the Browns

My biggest pet peeve last year was watching the OL disintegrate before a play could even develop. Didn't matter if it was run or pass. This happened a lot. Way more than even a mediocre NFL team usually allows. Offense, I think we should see some improvements.

Special teams was another one. It just sickens me that a couple of years ago, Buffalo came into the season with a top rated unit because we had some great return men only to discover that the NFL basically killed the kickoff return by moving the ball closer to the receiving team. However, Buffalo's kick coverage unit botched a lot of plays. Supposedly, we now have some guys who can step into coverage roles now. I am not sold on Crossman until he proves otherwise. I would give him the preseason to prove his worth. If he can't, can him. I wanted him gone last year.

Hackett, I am giving a pass for now. I want to see production. Until then he is still just a journeyman. Marone on the other hand, I think he has some great traits. He does not appear to be a micro-manager who is always interfering with other coaches. I like that about him. He gets a pass too. He needs to show results too.

As for the WRs, all of them are young guns. I think their inexperience showed last year.

Overall, we had a lot of rookies in a lot of areas last year, coaches included. This is the year when we will find out if they belong in the NFL.

In addition to the OPs list, I'd like to see some improvement by some of our young linebackers as well.

Marone made a lot of big mistakes. He needs to show he is the boss on the sidelines not just some guy wearing the mike. So far he reminds me of Mike Mularkey.

I have more fear in Coach Marrone coming up small in the big moment than I do EJ. Coach Marrone's game management/crunch time decisions remind me more of Coach Jauron. Going for it on 4th and 1 and passing with a rookie QB in his first start? Going for it on 4rh and 1 against the Bungles in the first half? These are Jauron type decisions reminiscent of throwing a pass to Corey McIntryre on 3rd down when Marshawn had been chewing them up.

Biggest group that needs to step up this year is coaches.