[closed]2014 Manuel or Bust

The Bills by far have more talent than anyone in our division. The Jets have a solid defense but so do the Bills and our offensive unit is twice as good. The Dolphins have a good defense but have a mediocre offense. The Patriots have a good defense and of course Tom Brady. You put Brady on our team and we may not lose a game all season. EJ Manuel needs to come through and if he does this team will flourish and have the possibility to be dominant. If EJ falls short it will be a shame because we have the components to be a very good team. If we don't win it will fall in his lap and it could very well set us back for many years. If this is the case then I would give our number 2 pick next season to the Redskins for Cousins instead of hoping for a draft pick after round 1. I hope EJ is the guy and stays healthy because if he is this team will be exciting to watch.

The Bills by far have more talent than anyone in our division. The Jets have a solid defense but so do the Bills and our offensive unit is twice as good. The Dolphins have a good defense but have a mediocre offense. The Patriots have a good defense and of course Tom Brady. You put Brady on our team and we may not lose a game all season. EJ Manuel needs to come through and if he does this team will flourish and have the possibility to be dominant. If EJ falls short it will be a shame because we have the components to be a very good team. If we don't win it will fall in his lap and it could very well set us back for many years. If this is the case then I would give our number 2 pick next season to the Redskins for Cousins instead of hoping for a draft pick after round 1. I hope EJ is the guy and stays healthy because if he is this team will be exciting to watch.

I suspect EJ gets 2015 as well, regardless. He'd really have to regress not to. I hope nobody confuses regression with not setting the world on fire every game. He's gonna have clunkers. The key is how he responds and keeping them to a minimum, obviously. I believe he gets his 1,000 attempts.

GO BILLS!!!

I suspect EJ gets 2015 as well, regardless. He'd really have to regress not to. I hope nobody confuses regression with not setting the world on fire every game. He's gonna have clunkers. The key is how he responds and keeping them to a minimum, obviously. I believe he gets his 1,000 attempts.

GO BILLS!!!

2014 - 2015 are in the bag for EJ, if for no other reason that Bills will have very limited opportunities to upgrade the position if needed prior to 2016.

The title to this thread is what this season is. The kid needs a whole complete off season with all first season snaps with no distractions. He has all the intangibles and with the limited playing time he had last season, despite his injuries he actually did ok. I am more optimistic (especially considering the draft we have had) about this season than I have been in a long while...

GO BILLS!!!

I agree K-9, rarely does a highly picked QB get only two years. Though with new ownership, they may bring in new GM, Coaches, ect. That's the only way EJ gets two years barring regressing badly.

With an entire off season, an entire pre-season, and improved players and specifically a line, we should see improvement. He's a hard worker from what I hear, and has decent character. He now has studied the playbook for an entire year with the same OC.

Hackett also last year kept the playbook dumbed down for him. This year they should be able to open it up. He'll have to get some chemistry with SW, but he developed this last year with Woods as RW is an excellent route runner. With that said, SW is an excellent route runner.

"If EJ falls short it will be a shame because we have the components to be a very good team. If we don't win it will fall in his lap and it could very well set us back for many years"

OR.....OR.... you could have picked up a veteran QB that can come in on a moment's notice and keep the team competitive. That way it's not such a dramatic gamble for the franchise.

He gets three full seasons, as long as he doesn't completely crap the bed.

Rookie year he had some good games, and some bad games. Normal rookie stuff.

This year, I want to see him cut some of the bad games out. Be more aware of the field. Recognize WRs faster. Not take unnecessary hits. If he improves just a little, and the rest of the team plays as well as they did last year (or better in the case of run defense) we could see .500 pretty easily.

Year three, if he isn't a top 10 QB in the league, and the rest of the team has holes, then we need to look at QB options.

How come it's always "EJ will make or break this season"? What about Marrone? What about Hackett? What about Schwartz? I feel like using the correct schemes for your personnel with the correct play calling is just as, if not more important than the QB. It is what allows you to have a great QB. And, quite frankly, I wasn't impressed with any of the guys last year on those fronts. I thought I offensive play calling was predictable and limited (perhaps on purpose to ease EJ into the league) and it showed on the field. I say with all the talent on this team (INCLUDING EJ), there is no excuse for Marrone, Hackett, and Schwartz to not get it done.

^ I'm more confident in EJ's abilities, than I am in our coaching staff.

Sadly, the coaches are responsible for EJ's developments. I have a feeling he'd be guaranteed great on a few other franchises. Here? Who the hell knows.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.