Why have we not re-signed Jimmy Leonhard?

I wouldn't hate it but Graham is better safety prospect now that Leonard will be.

Jim Leonhard has made plays in this league, prior to the Bills signing Graham, I am not ashamed to say I had never even heard of him. Just saying. We should resign Leonhard, he is a smart player, and solid.

Hmmmm...Starting only seven games. He registered 41 tackles and career-highs in passes defensed (six) and interceptions (four).

Not signing a solid safety who had career numbers here? Fine.

Not signing a ball-hawking, money chasing safety sick of this team? Horrific FO!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm...Starting only seven games. He registered 41 tackles and career-highs in passes defensed (six) and interceptions (four).

He also missed many tackles, too slow to make tackles and was burned often. He's older and slower than he used to be. We need better.

Jim Leonhard has made plays in this league, prior to the Bills signing Graham, I am not ashamed to say I had never even heard of him. Just saying. We should resign Leonhard, he is a smart player, and solid.

Better plan - instead of signing guys you know, you could learn about the guys we sign. Graham's a good one.

He is 31 years old. Sooner or later, the legs slow down and the offenses can beat him just with speed that he can not counteract with smarts. He has bounced around numerous teams as a savy backup, emergency starter, who can help out younger, inexperienced players. Notice that nobody has locked him up yet. Almost time to ride into the sunset.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan