Prediction: Michael Sam to the Bills in round 7

Not funny. I'm absolutely fine with Sam being picked in the seventh, but it has absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality and everything to do with his ability to provide depth at DE. Those who find it funny to continue to post in such an obviously immature (and truthfully, offensive) manner should be removed from the board. Grow up.

so.. you decide what is funny? pathetic sometimes on here

What's actually funny about implying that nix and Whaley are gay and would pick a gay player because of it?

That it's ridiculous premise put aside, I don't think its a well constructed joke in any sense even if assumed to be one.

Terrible OP on all fronts.

ok.. you "win".. im ashamed.. not funny.. right now im wringing my hands..

What is this based on:

Word around town was always that Buddy Nix was a little :flirt:

He hand picked Whaley, who at times strikes me as a bird of similar feathers.

I have a hunch our GM is going to bring Sam in, to take pride in being the first NFL organization with an openly gay player.

Hate all you want, close it if you want, it's just a prediction...

Sam is probably a 3-4 OLB.

When you say in your OP, "hate all you want, close it" that should be a clue not to pull the trigger and post.

These are threads that are just kind of embarrassing to everyone associated with the board. It just might be the OP joking around, but it's unclear if that is the case and, in any event, it's not really a funny joke, as far as I can decipher it.

its not a joke.

in fact, i think the only "joke" in this thread is you sitting in some dingy room and acting a moral authority on the internet. but, thats for another day.

how is a mans sexuality any different than his wingspan, his vertical, or his 40 yard dash time?

i tried to shield myself from the inevitable backlash that was sure to follow, because this site is run like george orwell's vision of 1984. the thought police are here to tell me that i'm a bad person because i've heard buddy nix is gay and by six degrees of separation, i think it could lead to us drafting michael sam. in the 7th round. if it happens, then what?

Not funny. I'm absolutely fine with Sam being picked in the seventh, but it has absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality and everything to do with his ability to provide depth at DE. Those who find it funny to continue to post in such an obviously immature (and truthfully, offensive) manner should be removed from the board. Grow up.

and this one, who finds it OFFENSIVE?!?!

really? you're literally offended by this thread?

Mayock broke down Sam's game and he just isn't that good.

it's strange because the kid was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year. The SEC as we all know how is the best conference in America in college football.

maybe somebody's waiting to take him with the last pic #256 the Mr. Irrelevant pick.

it's strange because the kid was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year. The SEC as we all know how is the best conference in America in college football.

maybe somebody's waiting to take him with the last pic #256 the Mr. Irrelevant pick.

Not strange. He's too small for nfl de and too slow for LB. We had a guy from auburn(?) a few years ago that was hugely productive in the SEC and couldn't find a home in the nfl (and was straight!)

if he is "mr irrelevant" that would certainly cause a sh#%$^&tstorm for sure

He had a bad combine. I grew up in Sanborn. The farmer across the road had a bad combine too, but was a helluva farmer.

Sam was a great football player at Mizzou. He was first team All American, and the Defensive Player of the Year. How could he not be worth a 7th round pick, unless there is some fear going on in the war rooms of the NFL. We just took a linebacker from Florida Atlantic. Does anybody think that guy could have won Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC? It's insane.

Hope they draft him. On the field he is possessed.

If nobody in the NFL picks Michael Sam the executives at the NFL main offices will be crafting some carefully worded press releases about the Neanderthal owners and general managers who didn't pick him.

It will be open season by reporters on why teams didn't draft him.

Maybe the NFL isn't ready for an openly gay man to be drafted. Maybe they will sign him as a free agent.

Edited by oman128

so.. you decide what is funny? pathetic sometimes on here

ok.. you "win".. im ashamed.. not funny.. right now im wringing my hands..

No, I don't decide what's funny, but if you really found connecting Michael Sam to some made-up connection between Whaley and Nix's sexuality funny, than I question your sense of humor. I like comedy. I have two good friends who are on the international comedy circuit who use vulgarity and base-level humor in their acts and I am the first guy laughing, but making up some BS about the Bills former GM and their current GM, that's really not funny.

If nobody in the NFL picks Michael Sam the executives at the NFL main offices will be crafting some carefully worded press releases about the Neanderthal owners and general managers who didn't pick him.

It will be open season by reporters on why teams didn't draft him.

Maybe the NFL isn't ready for an openly gay man to be drafted. Maybe they will sign him as a free agent.

Exactly the kind of ignorant, knee-jerk reaction I predicted in the Sam thread we'd see from the mass media who don't know sh-- about football or why Sam might not be drafted.

its not a joke.

in fact, i think the only "joke" in this thread is you sitting in some dingy room and acting a moral authority on the internet. but, thats for another day.

how is a mans sexuality any different than his wingspan, his vertical, or his 40 yard dash time?

i tried to shield myself from the inevitable backlash that was sure to follow, because this site is run like george orwell's vision of 1984. the thought police are here to tell me that i'm a bad person because i've heard buddy nix is gay and by six degrees of separation, i think it could lead to us drafting michael sam. in the 7th round. if it happens, then what?

and this one, who finds it OFFENSIVE?!?!

really? you're literally offended by this thread?

You're choosing a strange tactic in an effort to come out of the closet.

Not strange. He's too small for nfl de and too slow for LB. We had a guy from auburn(?) a few years ago that was hugely productive in the SEC and couldn't find a home in the nfl (and was straight!)

As far as we know on that last part....