Josh Gordon supended for 1 year

JPS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is ridiculously talented and could make a gajillion dollars very soon and is only 23. Come on, man.

He's going to be gone for at least a year after this insanely stupid move, which Goodell is going to take as a slap in the face. he will then have to play another full year and be fabulous, and stay out of trouble, to get his possible gajillion in three years. Right now, I would bet he never gets it.

He's going to be gone for at least a year after this insanely stupid move, which Goodell is going to take as a slap in the face. he will then have to play another full year and be fabulous, and stay out of trouble, to get his possible gajillion in three years. Right now, I would bet he never gets it.

I am literally shaking my head! Poor decision after poor decision after poor decision. If he could EVER get his head on straight he could be a HOF'er with his talent. He lead the league in receiving while missing two games, with the sh** the Browns rolled out there at QB and NO #2 WR or running game! It is absolutely unreal how these kids have so much to gain and yet can't overcome their own poor decision-making. I wouldn't be shocked if Aldon Smith does something again as well.

Ray Rice will get 2 games for uppercutting his wife and Gordon gets a year for smoking weed, LOLNFL.

I hear what ur saying but this is Gordon's third offense I believe which makes for bigger punishment

I hear what ur saying but this is Gordon's third offense I believe which makes for bigger punishment

Apparently he was in Stage 3, which would have been at least 3 offenses, and THEN got caught again which is the cause of the imminent suspension from the league. He is appealing that now, and THEN he did this, so it's actually at least his 5th incident.

I know but it just illustrates how dumb the NFL policies are, smoke your wife to be in an elevator, two game checks. Smoke some weed and you sit for a season.

Apparently he was in Stage 3, which would have been at least 3 offenses, and THEN got caught again which is the cause of the imminent suspension from the league. He is appealing that now, and THEN he did this, so it's actually at least his 5th incident.

Your passenger having drugs on themselves shouldn't matter but then again lolnfl.

Your passenger having drugs on themselves shouldn't matter but then again lolnfl.

Of course it should. You're in trouble with the league for it four different times, it's illegal, and you're speeding in a car while guys are smoking it. Even if he wasn't smoking himself, it should matter. The league does this stuff because of PR as much as the safety and health of its players. It gives the league a black eye, and as I said earlier, Goodell will think of this as a slap in the face to the league and its rules. He's APPEALING a suspension for weed, saying he wasn't guilty, and gets caught speeding with guys smoking weed.

Of course it should. You're in trouble with the league for it four different times, it's illegal, and you're speeding in a car while guys are smoking it. Even if he wasn't smoking himself, it should matter. The league does this stuff because of PR as much as the safety and health of its players. It gives the league a black eye, and as I said earlier, Goodell will think of this as a slap in the face to the league and its rules. He's APPEALING a suspension for weed, saying he wasn't guilty, and gets caught speeding with guys smoking weed.

I missed the part where they were smoking weed in the car, do you have inside info or are you making that part up?

That was the report from the Browns beat reporter. The cop smelled weed in the car. That's how his friend got caught.http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/cleveland_browns_josh_gordon_t_1.html

Smelling weed in the car does not equal smoking in the car.

Smelling weed in the car does not equal smoking in the car.

The guy pulled a baggie of weed out of another bag. You would not smell it under those circumstances unless it was being smoked.

Should the passenger having pot on him impact JG? Do players have a duty to stay away not only from drugs, but people using them as well?

In this case yes, IMO. It would be different if his friend had, say, X or coke or something on him, because then Gordon could say and you wouldn't really know, that he had no idea his buddy had it. The fact Gordon was speeding, his third speeding ticket in less than a year, and the cop smelled the weed in the car, yes, makes him responsible to some degree.

The guy pulled a baggie of weed out of another bag. You would not smell it under those circumstances unless it was being smoked.

Well that is wrong, I have had weed double bagged and in my center console that my friends could smell when they opened the door.

Should the passenger having pot on him impact JG? Do players have a duty to stay away not only from drugs, but people using them as well?

Seems easy enough . I would if i was under scrutiny . Is that a difficult concept ? He otherwise , is being seriously disrespected by his "friends ".

Why would anyone friend want more potential trouble for Josh ?

This is the druggy drinky party thing. They dont give a F. its not a healthy way of life .

Just idiotic if you have , and then , would like to keep a high profile job . Such as the NFL and its media counterparts watching you

Edited by 3rdand12

The alternative being "I'm going to search this car - I smell something" and then just getting lucky it was really there.

Gordon has little benefit of the doubt in my book but it's possible.

Also of note that article says he's claiming the current suspension was codeine in cough syrup he was prescribed but didnt register? I missed that.

Then at best the NFL is saying that being caught with marijuana is equal to beating your wife. I agree the NFL's disciplinary system is a joke.