Cleveland Browns' Draft Picks

Yeah, it is embarrassing regardless of what the owner's issues are. The reason is because this team has been through 20 starting QBs since 1999 when we started over. We have never had a real franchise QB that entire time. We have tried and failed, over and over again, 1st round pick after 1st round pick. We have tried the late round QB. We have tried the FA QB. We have tried the hometown hero. It is a ridiculopus exercise in futility and feels like it will NEVER ever happen. So THIS GUY is the next one we have to deal with? A 5'11 kid who played 2 years of college football, has never been able to stand in the pocket, and drinks to deal with his celebrity according to his own dad? His own father sold him out. You say he brushes off his issues and balls out, but this was the article almost one full year ago once he was back on the field:

http://espn.go.com/c...n-unselfishness

The same exact headline is still flying around today, just with different content. He isn't just any other 20 something millionaire. He is supposed to be the face of the franchise. yet he acts like a spoiled brat when anyone has the nerve to ask about his lifestyle - when every other 20 something millionaire in the NFL seems to be able to handle things just fine. This one couldn't even be bothered to go to class at A&M because he was tired of being BMOC. He wants it both ways - he wants to splash his lifestyle all over social media, but then gets pissed when everyone pays attention.

Of course the fans will embrace a winner. But you mention a string of Hall of Famers. Manziel has yet to throw a pass in the NFL. He has talent, but has yet to show he can play in the pros. That is why he gets more criticism and I would have expected him to lay a bit lower until he shows he can do that because he is painting himself into a corner should he struggle as 99% of rookie QBs do. I love the Browns and just want them to finally field a competitive team. It all starts with him, and it makes me very nervous.

Yeah, it is embarrassing regardless of what the owner's issues are. The reason is because this team has been through 20 starting QBs since 1999 when we started over. We have never had a real franchise QB that entire time. We have tried and failed, over and over again, 1st round pick after 1st round pick. We have tried the late round QB. We have tried the FA QB. We have tried the hometown hero. It is a ridiculopus exercise in futility and feels like it will NEVER ever happen. So THIS GUY is the next one we have to deal with? A 5'11 kid who played 2 years of college football, has never been able to stand in the pocket, and drinks to deal with his celebrity according to his own dad?

You need to hang in there. You're writing off and wringing your hands before he's even thrown a pass. This is the type of despair you should have had after Brandon Weeden's first start, not after drafting the best Offensive player in the best CFB conference in the country. The "drinks to deal" thing was almost 2 years ago now, and his dad saying anything to the media is insane. I doubt Johnny talks to his dad anymore.

The same exact headline is still flying around today, just with different content. He isn't just any other 20 something millionaire. He is supposed to be the face of the franchise. yet he acts like a spoiled brat when anyone has the nerve to ask about his lifestyle - when every other 20 something millionaire in the NFL seems to be able to handle things just fine. This one couldn't even be bothered to go to class at A&M because he was tired of being BMOC. He wants it both ways - he wants to splash his lifestyle all over social media, but then gets pissed when everyone pays attention.

Do you know what prompted that story? Johnny Football pointed at the scoreboard after dominating Rice in the second half after they made autograph remarks. You know who gets penalized for pointing at the scoreboard in football? No one. Except Johnny, because of his suspension for depriving a couple thousand dollars from an organization he made $80 million for. It's a non-story. They get made because fans, like you, click on them. You can't stop. I can write a story like that word-for-word based off a picture of Johnny. Because there's nothing there.

Bottom-line. Just roll with it. Johnny will either succeed or not, but it's doubtful his "partying" will affect that. Don't wring your hands because he had a couple drinks one weekend or some hack writer wrote his billionth "I'm an expert on maturity and this one little thing that happened on a Friday night to this 20 year old millionaire proves he won't be successful" column.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is embarrassing regardless of what the owner's issues are. The reason is because this team has been through 20 starting QBs since 1999 when we started over. We have never had a real franchise QB that entire time. We have tried and failed, over and over again, 1st round pick after 1st round pick. We have tried the late round QB. We have tried the FA QB. We have tried the hometown hero. It is a ridiculopus exercise in futility and feels like it will NEVER ever happen. So THIS GUY is the next one we have to deal with? A 5'11 kid who played 2 years of college football, has never been able to stand in the pocket, and drinks to deal with his celebrity according to his own dad?

You need to hang in there. You're writing off and wringing your hands before he's even thrown a pass. This is the type of despair you should have had after Brandon Weeden's first start, not after drafting the best Offensive player in the best CFB conference in the country. The "drinks to deal" thing was almost 2 years ago now, and his dad saying anything to the media is insane. I doubt Johnny talks to his dad anymore.

Do you know what prompted that story? Johnny Football pointed at the scoreboard after dominating Rice in the second half after they made autograph remarks. You know who gets penalized for pointing at the scoreboard in football? No one. Except Johnny, because of his suspension for depriving a couple thousand dollars from an organization he made $80 million for. It's a non-story. They get made because fans, like you, click on them. You can't stop. I can write a story like that word-for-word based off a picture of Johnny. Because there's nothing there.

Bottom-line. Just roll with it. Johnny will either succeed or not, but it's doubtful his "partying" will affect that. Don't wring your hands because he had a couple drinks one weekend or some hack writer wrote his billionth "I'm an expert on maturity and this one little thing that happened on a Friday night to this 20 year old millionaire proves he won't be successful" column.

At this point, knowing your stance on Johnny Football every time he's brought up, I guess the only question worth asking you now is..... would ya?

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

At this point, knowing your stance on Johnny Football every time he's brought up, I guess the only question worth asking you now is..... would ya?

Every time he's brought up in the thread about him?

And yes, I would buy this shirt, wouldn't you?

jfftee1.jpg

Every time he's brought up in the thread about him?

And yes, I would buy this shirt, wouldn't you?

jfftee1.jpg

:lol: Actually, this thread is about all Cleveland Brown Draft Picks. He is just the only one living large enough for anyone to care.

Justin GIlbert must really feel awful. #9 overall and no one cares.

He says he likes it that way, because all the pressure is off of him. Interesting that the Browns are trying to sign Hoyer to an extension right now (he is a FA at end of 2014) which is a good move to lock him up because if he has a good year he will be a hot commodity (like a Josh McCown) to go somewhere else and have a chance to start,. His agent says it will be a difficult process to reach a deal because of the presence of Manziel in Cleveland.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/what-the-cleveland-browns-trying-to-sign-brian-hoyer-to-an-extension-means-151401146.html

In reality, it's the same "something" it always has been. A 20 year old millionaire parties every couple weekends.

I agree to a point. I think they are just asking him to have some self-awareness. There is a big difference between "toning it down" as he has been asked to do, and this last night:

http://thebiglead.co...h.h8d41yoh.uxfs

Browns management: Hey Manziel, chill bro

Manziel: *proceeds to turn it up with Bieber and Mayweather*

His age isn't really an excuse. No one is telling him to live in a shell or not have fun. They are asking him not to jump into pics everywhere, because that is what leads to all the attention. But he still is. He is putting it out there himself. Bieber time now? Anyone defending Manziel for just having fun is not looking a t his decision-making, I can't bring myself to blame the media when he can't stay away from the photos. If you party with Beiber, you are asking for the headline. And lose the coolness factor too. The cops were called twice to the house where he was partying but he is flaunting he was there. It may be the media to blame for putting him under a microscope, but he keeps ensuring the story is there with his contribution to social media. He needs to own that part.

Edited by YoloinOhio

:lol: Actually, this thread is about all Cleveland Brown Draft Picks. He is just the only one living large enough for anyone to care.

well I wouldn't necessarily say "care"

more like thank god our rookies are (mostly) behaving like grown ups.

Johnny. Its my free time -whine- I want to have fun -whine-

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I agree to a point. I think they are just asking him to have some self-awareness. There is a big difference between "toning it down" as he has been asked to do, and this last night:

http://thebiglead.co...h.h8d41yoh.uxfs

Browns management: Hey Manziel, chill bro

Manziel: *proceeds to turn it up with Bieber and Mayweather*

His age isn't really an excuse. No one is telling him to live in a shell or not have fun. They are asking him not to jump into pics everywhere, because that is what leads to all the attention. But he still is. He is putting it out there himself. Bieber time now? Anyone defending Manziel for just having fun is not looking a t his decision-making, I can't bring myself to blame the media when he can't stay away from the photos. If you party with Beiber, you are asking for the headline. And lose the coolness factor too. The cops were called twice to the house where he was partying but he is flaunting he was there. It may be the media to blame for putting him under a microscope, but he keeps ensuring the story is there with his contribution to social media. He needs to own that part.

as CR mentioned earlier - he wants to be a larger than life star, but then wants to play the victim when people pay attention to him. its a bizarre approach to the whole situation on his part.

Johnny Football is gonna get rocked in training camp by a vet and probably at the behest of Pettine and his coaches. If he won't take himself down a peg, his teammates will. Just like when Vincent rocked JPL. Let's hope he doesn't accidentally break a leg in the process.

GO BILLS!!!

as CR mentioned earlier - he wants to be a larger than life star, but then wants to play the victim when people pay attention to him. its a bizarre approach to the whole situation on his part.

Biebs has 56 million twitter followers and sending out pics of JM. Both Bieber and Mayweather have been in trouble with the law, busted for drugs, in jail, meltdowns, etc. Not the people you want to be your BFFs in public if you care at all about being taken seriously. So this is certainly an interesting response to "tone it down" from his employer. Comes across as a bit defiant. Wonder if he has ever been told "no" before. Edited by YoloinOhio

Biebs has 56 million twitter followers and sending out pics of JM. Both Bieber and Mayweather have been in trouble with the law, busted for drugs, in jail, meltdowns, etc. Not the people you want to be your BFFs in public if you care at all about being taken seriously. So this is certainly an interesting response to "tone it down" from his employer. Comes across as a bit defiant. Wonder if he has ever been told "no" before.

You know who takes Mayweather seriously? Every guy he dominates for $100 million.

Alright alright, I give. I can't keep arguing for no reason.

You know who takes Mayweather seriously? Every guy he dominates for $100 million.

Alright alright, I give. I can't keep arguing for no reason.

Belieb it or not, I actually think John Football will be a good NFL QB. But he could stand to alternate some protein shakes with the Ace of Spades and hit the weight room between now and TC so he doesn't have the frame of a kicker. My prediction is Hoyer starts the season, they lose at least 2 of their first 3, then they have their bye week 4. JFF starts week 5 and a week later Gordon returns. Money.