I can't believe we reached for EJ with this amazing class of QBs..

Not that I don't think this is a lame thread, or anything, but, why do posters on these boards so often refer to a differing opinion as a "crusade?" That seems like merely dismissive rhetoric to me.

Because it's his gimmick. He's the biggest troll on the board. He argues just to argue. I don't think he gets enough attention at home.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't learning anything more about Manuel until he completes a full training camp and plays in the regular season. Judging preseason action has been proven time and time again to be pretty pointless.

My point about Cleveland is that you can make a decent argument they were swayed by the fans to draft Johnny Football. He is an extremely high-risk prospect -- some love him, some think he's the most overrated player they've seen.

You say Cleveland "made out like a bandit" with the trade -- I think the guys in the Buffalo war room believe they just stole the best player in the draft. Who is right? We won't know for a couple of years. It's why I hate immediate post-draft analysis of who "won" and "lost."

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that there will be MUCH discourse regarding EJ's preseason performance come August. And, should you ever make it to Los Angeles, I will gladly buy you a beer at Buzby's (home of the Bill's Backers Club), if you are capable of refraining from participating in the debate.

3 months ago this was supposed to be a really good QB draft but after the tape research, combine, pro days....it seems the NFL as a whole stepped back and had a new assessment. Bridgewater was once touted as the #1 goes at 32. Manziel was a pick seems to be an owner buckling to the wishes of the fans. Bortles is good but #3 good? Time will tell. EJ draft will be a reach or a bust after this season is over. We will know.

Edited by Nitro

It was meant to be dismissive. OP is again trying to shore up his (deep down) flagging confidence in the superiority of EJ by publicly dismissing this year's entire QB class befroe the second round of the draft even starts, let alone the season.

They used to call this whistling past the graveyard...

Based on what you said about Bortles earlier, you'd have to consider him a gigantic reach, and a far bigger one than some thought EJ was last year. As for Manziel and Bridgewater, they were taken in the latter part of the 1st round and bypassed by several QB needy teams, including their own, once. It's even questionable whether any of them will get a chance to play this year.

3 months ago this was supposed to be a really good QB draft but after the tape research, combine, pro days....it seems the NFL as a whole stepped back and had a new assessment. Bridgewater was once touted as the #1 goes at 32. Manziel was a pick seems to be an owner buckling to the wishes of the fans. Bortles is good but #3 good? Time will tell. EJ draft will be a reach or a bust after this season is over. We will know.

Actually, Nitro, it was only the talking heads and other pundits that did the backtracking. They need to create and feed the hype machine that fills the coffers. It's a huge business. When that hype eventually meets up with the very real scouting and talent evaluations by professionals in the league, we typically see the fall back down to earth. The NFL simply offered their honest assessment once the evaluations were underway. Truth is, at least among the few scouts I've talked to, this QB class was on the level of the '11 class, minus a Cam Newton. A notch better than last year's overall, but no where near what the pundits were predicting. And a FAR cry from the Luck/Griffin class of '12.

The early returns from these same few guys is that Bortles was a bit of a stretch and that he would have been had later on. But to a man, they respect the idea of getting your guy when you can. But he's not ready to start.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Actually, Nitro, it was only the talking heads and other pundits that did the backtracking. They need to create and feed the hype machine that fills the coffers. It's a huge business. When that hype eventually meets up with the very real scouting and talent evaluations by professionals in the league, we typically see the fall back down to earth. The NFL simply offered their honest assessment once the evaluations were underway. Truth is, at least among the few scouts I've talked to, this QB class was on the level of the '11 class, minus a Cam Newton. A notch better than last year's overall, but no where near what the pundits were predicting. And a FAR cry from the Luck/Griffin class of '12.

The early returns from these same few guys is that Bortles was a bit of a stretch and that he would have been had later on. But to a man, they respect the idea of getting your guy when you can. But he's not ready to start.

GO BILLS!!!

Because it's his gimmick. He's the biggest troll on the board. He argues just to argue. I don't think he gets enough attention at home.

You hear that Biscuit? K-9 just said you're wrong. See yaaa

Not sure what you're alluding to here. Why am I not surprised?

GO BILLS!!!

C. Biscuit said this class isn't better than last season's. You said it was. You're one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, It sounds like you're right and he's wrong.

Manziel seems like a cocky punk.... maybe that's wrong but that's how I see him

He makes my skin crawl

I have the same opinion and I figured out why. Have you seen the movie ROB ROY? He looks like Tim Roth's Archibald Cunningham. A truly despicable, cocky little runt that made my skin crawl. I will never know him so in the absence of any real familiarity with him he becomes Archibald Cunningham in my mind. Maybe by the time the Bills play the Browns I'll have figured out how to post a Manziel/Roth picture for the look-a-like thread.

C. Biscuit said this class isn't better than last season's. You said it was. You're one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, It sounds like you're right and he's wrong.

"A notch better" isn't much to hang a hat on. Another way of putting it is this is one of the most over-rated QB classes, at least by the pundits and talking heads, that anyone can remember. Certainly wouldn't use a modicum of better to skewer C. Biscuit.

None of this matters anyway. We won't know anything for a couple more years.

GO BILLS!!!