Gotta Love Doug Whaley

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, Nix did a lot of the dirty work giving Whaley the luxury to pick the glamour picks and round out the roster. Could have been a quicker rebuild but we could be there???

I agree. I think Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley have got a lot right since that pair came into the GM office. Whaley had a big influence even when he was Assistant GM and whilst they've not got everything right, and we will never forget TJ Graham over Russell Wilson, if you compare the talent and depth of talent on the roster now to the complete mess that they inherited it's a favourable comparison.

If EJ steps up this year I think we make the play-offs. If he is the guy we all hope he can be than I think we are there or thereabouts now.

What a breath of fresh air from the conservative 'we'll get there' attitude we've seen for so long. People on TSW are lamenting the Watkins pick, but I love it. There are busts, mediocre players in the first round every year, and we made sure that we got a sure thing this year. And with the FA additions this summer, this organization's playoff hopes next year are clearly not just idle rhetoric. If there's one guy to bring the Bills back to the playoffs, it's Doug Whaley. CAN'T WAIT 'TIL SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

What a breath of fresh air from the conservative 'we'll get there' attitude we've seen for so long. People on TSW are lamenting the Watkins pick, but I love it. There are busts, mediocre players in the first round every year, and we made sure that we got a sure thing this year. And with the FA additions this summer, this organization's playoff hopes next year are clearly not just idle rhetoric. If there's one guy to bring the Bills back to the playoffs, it's Doug Whaley. CAN'T WAIT 'TIL SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

We need to be careful on what we ask for. Donahoe came with the same mojo and sent a 1st rounder for Drew Bledsoe, another 1st rounder for JP Losman and then picked a tweeny WR in Rd 2 in Roscoe Parrish....It definitely got him fired. I am not saying Whaley goes the same way, but he did pay the same steep price for Watkins.

If EJ steps up this year I think we make the play-offs. If he is the guy we all hope he can be than I think we are there or thereabouts now.

The Bills also had the 29th Run Defense last year. Unless and until that gets fixed, they will continue to be the AFC East Doormat.

We need to be careful on what we ask for. Donahoe came with the same mojo and sent a 1st rounder for Drew Bledsoe, another 1st rounder for JP Losman and then picked a tweeny WR in Rd 2 in Roscoe Parrish....It definitely got him fired. I am not saying Whaley goes the same way, but he did pay the same steep price for Watkins.

You could tell that Bledsoe deal was a bad idea from the get go. An over-the-hill QB from a division rival. The fact the Pats would even trade with us should have been a red flag. Whaley isn't that dumb.

You could tell that Bledsoe deal was a bad idea from the get go. An over-the-hill QB from a division rival. The fact the Pats would even trade with us should have been a red flag. Whaley isn't that dumb.

But Bledsoe is the only QB in the last 15 years to have had a winning season for this team. The problem with the Bledsoe led team was that they couldn't stop the run.

There is a big difference between being BOLD and being RECKLESS, this is closer to RECKLESS. I would applaud BOLD (going after Clowney) because the difference between Clowney and the next DE in draft was significant and DE was position of need. As for Watkins, Whaley himself said the difference between Watkins and next best WR was minimal. To me, this was not a good trade. I love Watkins, but I would rather keep my #1 and take Beckham or Ebron if I thought I needed another ball catcher. I would have preferred a OT.

BAAAAHHHHH