Gotta Love Doug Whaley

What a breath of fresh air from the conservative 'we'll get there' attitude we've seen for so long. People on TSW are lamenting the Watkins pick, but I love it. There are busts, mediocre players in the first round every year, and we made sure that we got a sure thing this year. And with the FA additions this summer, this organization's playoff hopes next year are clearly not just idle rhetoric. If there's one guy to bring the Bills back to the playoffs, it's Doug Whaley. CAN'T WAIT 'TIL SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

There are no sure things.

I Definitely like how Whaley has moved around the board to get the players he wants and acquiring more picks. I like his enthusiasm for winning but if that were the case he would have kept Byrd, so we will see if he is serving us kool aid or does he believe the hype.

Would have preferred Amaro in the second but having a road grader in Cyrus is a plus.

Not really sure about Preston Brown, would have rather had Chris Borland

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Warren@MattRichWarren 53m

#Bills have made 7 trades since the start of the 2013 Draft. The 7 trades they made before that go back to the Jason Peters trade in 4/2009.

I Definitely like how Whaley has moved around the board to get the players he wants and acquiring more picks. I like his enthusiasm for winning but if that were the case he would have kept Byrd, so we will see if he is serving us kool aid or does he believe the hype.

Would have preferred Amaro in the second but having a road grader in Cyrus is a plus.

Lot of people on here seem to love Borland. Good player in the Big 10, but his size just doesn't fit every scheme at MLB.

The bridge with Byrd burned years ago. Whaley knew that

I'm probably in the minority on this, but keeping hold of the 2nd this year was a coup. Yes, we gave the first next year. But the 2nd is more valuable now in trying to get this team one more starter and over the proverbial hump.

Agreed. Deep draft. Got our tackle. This offense should be solid. Time to run over some people then go over the top when they put eight in the box.

The bridge with Byrd burned years ago. Whaley knew that

Agreed. BufBarb's post lost all cred with that comment. 'If Whaley were a winner, he'd have kept Byrd'?? Yeeesh! I loved Byrd, but he wore out his welcome and got his wish to get out.

The Bills also had the 29th Run Defense last year. Unless and until that gets fixed, they will continue to be the AFC East Doormat.

I agree, but I'm hopeful that they have gone some way to fixing it with Spikes. The other way of fixing it is by being in the lead in games. Green Bay's run defense last season averaged just 84 yards a game given up through the first 7 games whilst Rodgers was fit. It then gave up an average of 156 yards per game in the remaining 9 games (I know Rodgers returned for the last one). So helping the offense should help the run D as well.