The Manziel Poll

LB3

Just Say ___ to Jonhny Manziel  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Johnny Football if he's there at 9?

• Yes
    • No

There's been a ton of Manziel discussion on this board but I couldn't find a poll to see where we stand as a whole. If he is there at 9, do you want the Bills to draft him? This is not what you think the team would do, it is what you would do if you made the decision.

I voted no. I personally don't think his game will translate well and saw enough from EJ that I want to give him some more time to develop. I could be wrong and this thread will be here to prove it if I am. What say you?

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

No first round QBs for 30 years and then in back-to-back years? Sounds like something the Bills might do!

No thanks. I'm not ready to have one of our two most recent first round picks sitting on the bench. If JM is there at #9, pound the phones looking for trade value.

I am sick of the QB experiment. Pick the best QB every year until we find THE ONE. Fifteen years of missing playoff should teach you something. No QB, no playoff. I am not saying EJ definitely won't be good. I am just sick of waiting.

I am sick of the QB experiment. Pick the best QB every year until we find THE ONE. Fifteen years of missing playoff should teach you something. No QB, no playoff. I am not saying EJ definitely won't be good. I am just sick of waiting.

The more that I hear this idea, the more ridiculous that it sounds. Not even remotely close to being a practical idea in the real world of building an NFL roster.

The more that I hear this idea, the more ridiculous that it sounds. Not even remotely close to being a practical idea in the real world of building an NFL roster.

What, so you object to have a rookie QB every season and then tossing him aside each spring for the next one? :lol:

So you're sick of the QB-go-round but want us to play QB roulette?

No. There are so many better football players available.

Secondly, for better or worse, we drafted and committed to "our guy" last year. And contrary to those not familiar with the concept, the idea of developing two franchise QBs simultaneously is just not practical.

GO BILLS!!!

Since Russell Wilson is short and Manziel is as well, Manziel will be a good NFL QB. Fact.

Manziel wore pads at his pro day, hit open receivers, and dodged brooms. QBs who do that have 100% success rate. Fact.

So that means we should all be voting yes on Johnny Fool'sGold? Or is it Johnny FlameOut? :lol:

What, so you object to have a rookie QB every season and then tossing him aside each spring for the next one? :lol:

This ain't Fantasy Football! :lol:

Absolutely not.

The team has already stated, multiple times all offseason, they are going to surround EJ with as much talent as possible.

If EJ Manuel is not the QB of the future they envisioned, I would rather go after Jamies Winston next year, he actually won something in college.

The first question should have been, "Are you a true Bills fan and really want to see them win??". Because if you are then you would want them to acquire a franchise QB when they can get one since they're not going to make it to the playoffs and beat out teams like N.E. without that type of player at QB.

Considering that the Bills won't always have the opportunity to select a franchise QB, when that opportunity presents itself, it would be foolish to dismiss it because you happened to select a QB last year in R1. BTW, the guy who selected him is no longer in charge.

How many times do you see a new GM just stay with the prior GM's choice at QB??

To put Manziel in perspective, Gil Brandt sees Manziel as the #1 player in the 2014 draft, hands down!! Jon Gruden (the guy knows QBs) and T. Aikman (HOF NFL QB, very intelligent, knows a little bit about being an NFL QB) both believe Manziel will be, not just a good NFL QB, but a GREAT NFL QB!!

The consensus among the NFL experts is that had Manuel been eligible for the 2014 draft he would have been rated as the 8th best QB. Yes, well behind Manziel.

Now, knowing all of that, are you telling me that you're willing to settle for the 8th best QB who didn't do much to make you believe that he deserves to be the starting QB of this franchise for the foreseeable future or would you be willing to take a chance on potentially the #1 player in the draft and who some have likened to Brett Favre himself??

Once again, think about the 14 straight years without making the playoffs because the Bills have absolutely stunk at QB. There's a definite correlation there. Poor QB = no playoffs = no Super Bowl win!!

If Manziel was there at #9 overall you'd have to be crazy not to take him.