It will be Zack Martin then a RB in round 2

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at #9 you think they will take the 4th best Tackle? Then in the 2nd they will get a player at the only position where we are solid? I'm not saying it won't happen but I would be super depressed if it went down like this

I think you are going to be super depressed no matter what. We all are. UNLESS we move up.

I think every year we feel like we are drafting just exactly one spot below where the real talent ends (except the Dareus year).

And then we have a few agonizing months to wallow in our misery. But if we move up, there will be excitement and this board will be buzzing for weeks.

While I don't think that the prospect of Zack Martin in the first round is out of the question, I personally think it would be predicated on maybe only 1 QB being picked 1-8. I can only find 8 players that I would pick before Martin in the first. Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, Manziel, Watkins, Evans, and Barr. Heck, I'm actually even split on Martin versus Barr when I think about it.

Not insane. Tackle, then Carlos Hyde, could be pretty interesting.

Prefer Sankey or Seastrunk. Even though Hyde wears my namesake, he lost me with the fake emotional breakdown. -There's some good lower tier RB's like Storm Johnson, Jeremy Smith, and FSU's Devonta Freeman.

Edited by #34fan

Nope ain't gonna happen! I'd even take Ebron before Martin @ 9. Lewan is a better pick, I don't believe OBD is leaking their board. I think 2 QBs will go in the top 8 probably with someone trading up. We take BPA at OT, WR, DE, S in order.

Ugh....I have 25 players I would take before Ebron.

If I were a betting man they love him and will reach to get him...then they will do a RB in round 2 because they are not going to re-sign Spiller due to the fact RBs are a dime a dozen and he does not fit the mold of a pounder between the tackles Marrone wants.......if I we a betting man....

If we draft a RB in round two that will solidify that Whaley is just as incompetent as the past 15 years.

The Bills always try to go against the Norm and then burn themselves. Teams have stopped drafting RBs in the Top 15 unless it is a Peterson and yet we have spent three first round and a 2nd round pick in a decade on RBs. They jumped up to pick McCargo, TJ, Losman etc when no one was rushing to get them, especially all those lost draft picks.

If the Bills stick to their board and build from the trenches and get a QB, they have a chance.

Don't forget TJ Graham

Prefer Sankey or Seastrunk. Even though Hyde wears my namesake, he lost me with the fake emotional breakdown. -There's some good lower tier RB's like Storm Johnson, Jeremy Smith, and FSU's Devonta Freeman.

What are you referring to?

That was good. Polian was praising Martin the other day too. While I personally would be more excited to get a playmaker ay 9, I don't know how much of a "reach" Martin really is there. I am seeing him projected to go right around that time. His stock has definitely risen a lot. MMQB today calls him the hottest name in the draft.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/05/nfl-draft-johnny-manziel-khalil-mack/

Seastrunk is a Spiller-type back. Still need a replacement for Fred. We don't know if Spiller will be back next year, but we do know Fred will be 35 whether he is here or not. This offense needs an RB that can get the tough yards and block if/when Fred is no longer doing it.

Then trade Spiller for a 2nd or a 3rd.

If they draft a RB this year, I have a feeling it won't be to replace Spiller and thus no need to trade him before the season unless they feel they are going to lose him no matter what. Spiller types are being churned out more regularly by colleges than big, tough all-purpose backs like Hyde. IF they lose him, they can draft his replacement next year. There is no guarantee a player like Hyde will be in the draft next year. Even the RBs that look good now for 2015 - Todd Gurley, TJ Yeldon, could get injured, arrested, etc between now and then.

There is zero chance of this occurring...staying at 9 and taking him. Drop into the 20's, maybe, but still unlikely. He is not on their short-list.

I don't think Martin will be there in the 20s, since Miami really wants him at 19 and most I have heard say they will not get him that low.

Haha...anytime you can take the 5th best tackle at number 9, you gotta do it. On the same note, anytime you can take a guy in the second round that's the least valuable position in the NFL at the only position were fairly solid, you also gotta do it.

But, do like you're screen name!

IYO, I assume? Edited by YoloinOhio

I stil labsolutely hate the idea of a RT at #9, but at the very least, it's a position of need. IF the Bills draft a rb in the 2nd, I'm punching things. I will be worse than BillfromNYC when the Bills draft a cb. The Bills might have the best duo in the NFL and it's an extremely deep draft. This would be such a Bills move because it's super stupid.

I just think its tough to draft a player at one of our strongest positions. I think we need a better backup qb, defensive end, LB depth, and O-line before we need to worry about spiller/jacksons replacement.

The Bills are approaching the draft as a BPA draft, not a needs draft, according to Whaley. They aren't going by BPA on "Mel's Big Board," obviously, they have their own board to which they have players ranked and weighted. Whaley stated they addressed their needs pre-draft so they could do this. They evaluated the players and will take the best one still available on their board when their turn comes unless they feel they can execute a trade up or down based on the value they see. For example, if they have pick #73 and Chris Borland is their next BPA on their board, but they have evaluated the teams around them to the degree that they don't think he will be taken prior to pick 90, they will try to trade back and still get their player. If Carlos Hyde is there at 41 (McShay has him ranked as the 42nd best player in the draft) and he is the BPA on their board when they are on the clock at 41, I expect them to pull the trigger.

I love both Martin and Hyde - I would love to see the Browns get both. I don't think Hyde makes it to 41 for you. Browns taking at 26!!! :)

I hope you guys do too. Though aren't you worried about a slower, big back who played behind a great oline after the Trent Richardson situation?

I hope you guys do too. Though aren't you worried about a slower, big back who played behind a great oline after the Trent Richardson situation?

Carlos Hyde isn't slow. OSU's OL wasn't great. He's not that big - he is 230. Trent Richardson had a really good rookie year for us. He had 1000 yards with broken ribs. Don't know what happened in Indy but he was good here. Some great trade it was for the Browns - after he left we had NO running game. The only way the trade works out for us is if we draft a stud at that 26th spot. Fewer positions make an immediate impact on a team their rookie year than a running back (and linebacker). This is why you see Rookie of the Year tend to go to these two positions - they are easiest to assimilate to from college to the NFL. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Carlos Hyde isn't slow. OSU's OL wasn't great. He's not that big - he is 230. Trent Richardson had a really good rookie year for us. He had 1000 yards with broken ribs. Don't know what happened in Indy but he was good here. Fewer positions make an immediate impact on a team their rookie year than a running back (and linebacker). This is why you see Rookie of the Year tend to go to these two positions - they are easiest to assimilate to from college to the NFL.

Agreed and I liked him in college. You guys, minus QB, have a really nice offense. I just don't want the Bills drafting a rb that high because we have much greater needs.

Agreed and I liked him in college. You guys, minus QB, have a really nice offense. I just don't want the Bills drafting a rb that high because we have much greater needs.

We have so many needs, it is hard to rank them. Any good players will be welcome in Cleveland. Regarding OSU's OL, it was a good collective group but I think it was overrated. Mewhort will be the highest drafted guy and he will go in the 3rd at the earliest. I think Hyde's biggest advantage was the defense needing to worry about Miller running too.

Hyde is faster than Trent Richardson and makes more plays in the open field. Richardson is a bruiser but Hyde is nimble. He is also a better receiver out of the backfield.

Hyde is a rich man's Eddie Lacy. His game is very complete. Hyde will almost certainly be a stud IMO. He was the best player on that OSU offense by about 8,000 miles. Teams constantly game planned for him and he ran all over them. I would be thrilled with Hyde at 41 but don't think that he gets that far.