It will be Zack Martin then a RB in round 2

Echoing something another poster stated- if the Bills draft Martin at 9, I'll go to the stadium and fight Whaley.

I don't know man. Whaley has that Bruce Lee-Roy look in him. U don't have to worry about Martin at 9 or RB any earlier than the 3rd. I personally wouldn't touch RB. Stock up on what u need. If Fred has another year in him. fine, I wouldnt put it past him playing a third down role more. The man is in shape n has low miles. I wouldn't draft a RB this year with Spiller under contract. He was exciting 2 years ago and played a little banged up last year. If they do draft a RB early I can guarantee they have no interest in keeping Spiller. Martin in the top 10. I dont see it, i think the teens is pushing it!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the trade down for Martin or Ebron idea. Spiller is just not that good. Can't beat out a 30 year old RB from nowhere. Would still rather see DE and TE in the second round with the extra pick and a RB in third or fourth.

Spiller had more rushing yards. Also, FJax is a good rb too.

People talk about us being set at RB as though they are interchangeable. We haven't had a battering ram since Mcgahee left town. If we had a solid 230 lb power back, and a powerful O-lineman to open holes we'd have almost certainly won at least 2 more games last year. And if you're a run first team, it's not a bad thing to have 3 solid RBS, all with different specialties.

Edited by Rob's House

God I hope not. I haven't found anyone's board that has him higher than 11 but we all know the Bills know more.

You've seen other team's draft boards???

We need a power back to replace Fred. Maybe not right now, but soon.

CJ will need to be replaced if we can't sign him for what he is worth or less, which will be significantly determined this year (see Chris Johnson).

All the above will need blocking, we need two starting lineman out of this draft (Hairston, who I like, being a wild-card but seems best suited to swing tackle if healthy).

GO BILLS!

I don't think I'd be overly excited about the Bills picking Martin. However, with that said, I think he is EXACTLY who the Patriots would pick if they were far enough up in the draft (even in our spot). Sure he's the 4th rated OT, but he's also the #1 C and #1 G. That's a huge benefit to a team's depth chart! Long term, I'm sure he would turn out to be a good pick but certainly not one that would get the fans excited.

I'm a Notre Dame fan- Martin's a pretty good college tackle...but far from elite. And I sure don't want to see this at RT in the fall:

T.rex_restoration.jpg

Mayock has him ranked as the #3 OT ahead of Lewan. Then a lot of scouts are drooling over how the kid performed against everyone he played against in the senior bowl. He played at OG & OT and did well at both positions.

Bill Polian on ESPN stated he would move him to center, and he would have an all pro for the next ten years.

"Martin lined up at both guard and tackle at the Senior Bowl and routinely stymied the competition with quickness, power and overall technique." "He's instinctive, tough and technically sound despite lacking elite athleticism, and his biggest appeal to NFL scouts may be his versatility as many believe he could step in and succeed either at tackle or guard, as a pro."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664509/zack-martin

FWIW #sources on Twitter say the Bills have Lewan off their board completely b/c out of the OL positions they feel he can only play LT effectively enough to be taken that high and they are not moving Glenn. He doesn't have the versatility they want and he'll be taken by a team that needs a LT. Since I want this to be true, I am choosing to believe this rumor.

FWIW #sources on Twitter say the Bills have Lewan off their board completely b/c out of the OL positions they feel he can only play LT effectively enough to be taken that high and they are not moving Glenn. He doesn't have the versatility they want and he'll be taken by a team that needs a LT. Since I want this to be true, I am choosing to believe this rumor.

Peter King has the Bills taking Lewan. What "sources" are you referring to?

PK also said he knew his mock would be wrong before he posted it. It isn't new info that Lewan is looked at as a pure LT. The Bills didn't have him in for a visit.

Peter King@SI_PeterKing May 4

My mock draft will be out Tuesday @themmqb. It will not be good.

King isn't perfect, of course, but if the team has removed Lewan from their board, don't you think it's strange that he had some modicum of information that suggested the Bills were interested in Lewan?