Aaron Donald - DT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Donald is a sneaky pick for the BILLS. Jerry Hughes did well last year, but seems to be a bit one-dimensional and I think Donald would be a legit 4-3 DE opposite Super Mario. You would also guarantee some scheme versatility as he can obviously play the DT position but by transitioning him to the outside, you don't lose his speed and he can be stout against the run while keeping the other playmakers ON the field and not subbing him in for KW or Dareus...I also think you showcase his talent b/c he can rush the outside to the QB but also big and strong enough to set the edge against the run....I don't know if the Giants would trade with the BILLS from 12 to 9, b/c it could cost them a 3rd, but even if the BILLS stay put at 9, Donald still has good value there, IMHO.

He's a DT, not an end. The surest thing in this draft.

Well that was elabroate....yes, he's a DT...but his physical size and athletic ability make him an ideal DE....if he's Drafted in a 3-4 Defense, that's exactly where they'll put him...if he can learn that position, it's a shorter jump to a 4-3 DE, he can do that too...but thank you for weighing in "all knowing" Defensive mind...appreciate you taking the time out of your busy god-like schedule to contribute...

Aaron Donald is a sneaky pick for the BILLS. Jerry Hughes did well last year, but seems to be a bit one-dimensional and I think Donald would be a legit 4-3 DE opposite Super Mario. You would also guarantee some scheme versatility as he can obviously play the DT position but by transitioning him to the outside, you don't lose his speed and he can be stout against the run while keeping the other playmakers ON the field and not subbing him in for KW or Dareus...I also think you showcase his talent b/c he can rush the outside to the QB but also big and strong enough to set the edge against the run....I don't know if the Giants would trade with the BILLS from 12 to 9, b/c it could cost them a 3rd, but even if the BILLS stay put at 9, Donald still has good value there, IMHO.

If the Giants trade with the Bills for the #9 pick, it would probably be to draft Donald themselves. That's a big need position for them.

If the Giants trade with the Bills for the #9 pick, it would probably be to draft Donald themselves. That's a big need position for them.

Agree...which is why I suspect if the BILLS really want Donald, #9 is their best bet...

It's a mistake of hubris for mgmt to draft someone early and think they can change him. If we didn't have Dareus, Williams, and Branch, I would be with you.

As much as teams like to say they take BPA, I agree with the NFL Radio guys in the morning how interesting last year 25 of the 32 picks in round 1 last year just happened to be in one of their top two areas of needs for each of these teams.

It's compelling meaning we are taking at whatever spot we we draft to take one of our top areas of needs.

My favorite player this draft! Imagine rushing Mario, Kyle , Marcel. Hughes, and Donald! Leave kiko in middle, and run a. 5-1-5. That QB wouldn't have time for a three step drop

And the Giants provided the blueprint on how to best Pats- a fearsome rush generated from defensive line

This is the guy I want if we stay put at #9. My first choice is to trade up for Watkins, but if we stay put and Sammy and Evans are gone, you take BPA. If Donald is still there at #9, he is easily the BPA. I'd much rather have him than Eric Ebron or any tackle not named Greg Robinson.

I think he could be our sleeper pick, especially if we manage to trade back a few spots. I would actually be ok with him at 9, but even happier if we got him at like 12-14

He will not be available there. He was insanely productive in college, weighs 290 lbs, and runs a 4.65 40 yard dash. And he benched second most among d-linemen at the combine. And was dominant at the Senior Bowl and sessions leading up to it. He probably will be taken by Tampa, or someone who trades up, at 7.