Odd headline concerning Marrone's health

@ByTimGraham: Odd story on Buffalo Bills web site says Doug Marrone has "BLANK TYPE OF CANCER" http://t.co/mZmb7UzCgS

@ByTimGraham: To be sure, I went to Bills official site, searched "Marrone" and "Cancer" and that was the story that came up RT @AaronNagler Is that real?

Hopefully this is some type of cruel hack job

Edited by FluffHead

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears the article has quickly been taken down. For those who didn't get to read it, the article stated that Doug Marrone has announced he has "BLANK TYPE OF CANCER" and that it is very treatable and "not aggrivive". The typo is a quote. This was on the Bills website written by Anna Stoltzenburg. Hope it's not true. But they do write these things in advance of making them live on the website.

But they do write these things in advance of making them live on the website.

yeah, i think that they accidentally released the mock-up of the article. they were probably deciding how much detail to add (i.e., whether or not to add the specific type of cancer).

hopefully the site was just hacked, but that doesn't seem very likely.

Already up on Deadspin with no official comment from the Bills. Nice to see they're handling this crisis (whether health-related or just caused by some intern posting a template by mistake) with their trademark grace and poise under pressure. Hope this turns out to be a false alarm, but in the era of Twitter and Facebook, it's malpractice for the Bills to wait on getting the facts out.