It's Spring Break Season!

Anyone currently on vacation, or planning a vacation in the near future?

I'm with the wife and kids at my parents' vacation home in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's close to 80 and sunny here. Spent the morning with the family on the beach, and I'm going pier fishing this afternoon. Golfing tomorrow when some friends are coming down to stay with us. Really feels good to "get away" for a week.

Anyone else doing anything fun?

I'm with my boys at my parents in ponce inlet Florida, next town down from Daytona. I really needed this vacation and our plans include walking 50 feet to the beach. Anything else is just spur of the moment... Today we shot over to Daytona raceway... Very cool even for non NASCAR fans. Tomorrow we may go to the beach...or maybe not

Anyone currently on vacation, or planning a vacation in the near future?

I'm with the wife and kids at my parents' vacation home in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's close to 80 and sunny here. Spent the morning with the family on the beach, and I'm going pier fishing this afternoon. Golfing tomorrow when some friends are coming down to stay with us. Really feels good to "get away" for a week.

Anyone else doing anything fun?

Yup low tide is great. I'm sitting on the balcony looking for dolphins while drinking coffee...I could get used to this

Naples Florida visiting parents with my wife and three kiddos. Heading to beach now to look for shells (6:30am low tide) and son will be surf casting. Nice annual getaway.

Out riding the 4 wheeler in Alaska. Thats spring baby!

Sans the Hummingbird sized Mosquitos, Alaska is a great place to be in the spring.

Naples Florida visiting parents with my wife and three kiddos. Heading to beach now to look for shells (6:30am low tide) and son will be surf casting. Nice annual getaway.

Just got back from shell hunting with the kids. There are some many tourists here that the beach was literally cleaned out at 7am when we went down. Caught some nice Bluefish and Spanish Mackarel yesterday on the pier. Getting ready to play some golf and drink heavily today.

Sans the Hummingbird sized Mosquitos, Alaska is a great place to be in the spring.

Just got back from shell hunting with the kids. There are some many tourists here that the beach was literally cleaned out at 7am when we went down. Caught some nice Bluefish and Spanish Mackarel yesterday on the pier. Getting ready to play some golf and drink heavily today.

Again I need to repeat, I live in Anchorage not Fairbanks. Few mosquitos in the mountains I ride in.

Niiiiice. I'll have a Dogfishhead 60min IPA at 4 pm and lift my glass to you and the family.

Am afraid Mr Hammersticks will never get the difference between costal Alaska and the interior[Fairbanks.] The state runs 1500 miles long, not all the same.

You see, I compliment Alaska and this is what I get. I lived there for 4 years and traveled around the state from Juneau up north as far as Prudhoe Bay. I know the difference between the interior and Anchorage. I think Mr. Anchorage has a case of Alaska denial. Like he lives in Northern California or something. Of course there are no Mosquitos near Anchorage. Silly me. Get real.

Niiiiice. I'll have a Dogfishhead 60min IPA at 4 pm and lift my glass to you and the family.

Cheers Fergy! I'll be drinking pre-dinner Manhattans by then.

You see, I compliment Alaska and this is what I get. I lived there for 4 years and traveled around the state from Juneau up north as far as Prudhoe Bay. I know the difference between the interior and Anchorage. I think Mr. Anchorage has a case of Alaska denial. Like he lives in Northern California or something. Of course there are no Mosquitos near Anchorage. Silly me. Get real.

Well I don't care to argue about this. But you're the one that made the outsider remark about "humming bird" size mosquitos. I assume they have no mosquitos in Vermont. Or black fiys.Or ticks.

Funny you say that, we had Manhattans as well. :)

My daughter and I are on Marathon Key and met a couple from Buffalo on Key largo shore fishing today. Bills fans and having a good time. Bills fans are everywhere .

Fishing, diving, and Vodka planned for the week.

Nice....been in North Key Largo all week myself. Kids are having a blast. Not too bad for me either.

Leaving Myrtle Beach today. Headed north on 95. Had a great week loaded with good food, good fishing/golfing, and enough booze to wipe out a small African village.

Gotta rush home (says the wife) so the kids can wake up at home on Easter morning. Oh well...nice rejuvenating week by the beach.

I'm languishing here in suburban Ra Cha Cha, enjoying the morning sunshine and waiting for the promised - dare I say it - 60 degrees this afternoon. A trip to Rite Aid and TOPS may be in the offing if I feel up to making that kind of commitment. Salt potatoes and Gorton fish sticks this evening with an unpretentious white. And so it goes....

I'm languishing here in suburban Ra Cha Cha, enjoying the morning sunshine and waiting for the promised - dare I say it - 60 degrees this afternoon. A trip to Rite Aid and TOPS may be in the offing if I feel up to making that kind of commitment. Salt potatoes and Gorton fish sticks this evening with an unpretentious white. And so it goes....

we are having salt potatoes tomorrow LOL..so i am supposedly in the South in Richmond... went for a run this morning with a log sleeve turtleneck, skull cap,gloves and long compression pants...some spring!

But, still have to cut the damn grass this afternoon.