Bundy Ranch

At some point in the past Bundy stopped paying the grazing rights fees; does anyone know why he stopped paying? Did he just decide that the land was "his" and therefore stop paying? Was the land in his family in the past, or did he just decide he's an American and the land is inside America, therefore, it's his?

I've listened to him speak on the issue, but he really doesn't offer any facts to support his claim.

He never "stopped." Apparently he never did, as he didn't have to until 1993.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did say there was some evidence showing it was given to him.

My grandfather made a similar case against the county here when they took 5 acres from him. They ripped down a fence and put up one of theirs and never said a thing. 3 months later when my grandpa noticed he went to ask wtf happened and they said they were using their land. He said it was their land. We end up hiring an attorney, getting witnesses and more and prove that he had used the land, maintained it, and all for his entire life and his father had, too. The biggest tipping point is he was taxed on it, for that acreage that they ended up claiming was their land.

That is going to be an issue here in this case - he did not pay because it is his land, he will claim. If it is truly his land and supported...well...crap here I am talking about it. Anyway, if he did farm the land was he responsible with it? Did he charge others? Why now is he making a big deal about it? What are the real sticking points of this story? It's all about the money but the only thing that will matter is the law and how it is read.

The one thing that immediately jumped out at me was...well, that the original poster's sources are crap. The next thing that jumped out at me was that, as I dug into the story, there were major holes in the story everywhere I looked. The biggest being: I haven't seen one thing that indicates he "owns" the land. I've seen just about every imaginable claim as to who owns the land and who has usage rights, but not one single fact supporting them. Not from the courts, not from BLM, not from anything quoted in the press.

I wonder if he realizes that this land may have been that of Spanish/Mexican landowners? Didn't they lose miserably petitioning Washington after the US annexed much of the inter-mountain west? He should be glad he isn't living in his great (great) grand pappy's day. He'd have his land, he'd be buried in it!

At some point in the past Bundy stopped paying the grazing rights fees; does anyone know why he stopped paying? Did he just decide that the land was "his" and therefore stop paying? Was the land in his family in the past, or did he just decide he's an American and the land is inside America, therefore, it's his?

I've listened to him speak on the issue, but he really doesn't offer any facts to support his claim.

Good point, that is what I am trying to figure out.

He never "stopped." Apparently he never did, as he didn't have to until 1993.

Interesting...

The one thing that immediately jumped out at me was...well, that the original poster's sources are crap. The next thing that jumped out at me was that, as I dug into the story, there were major holes in the story everywhere I looked. The biggest being: I haven't seen one thing that indicates he "owns" the land. I've seen just about every imaginable claim as to who owns the land and who has usage rights, but not one single fact supporting them. Not from the courts, not from BLM, not from anything quoted in the press.

What happens in this case if everything seems to be falling through the cracks of the system. He's squatting, right? Or is it called something else? Does he have buildings on it? Did he pay taxes (like boyst said w/his family)? There has to be records documenting this parcel of land?

Yeah, they really should source it or @ least put in quotes. I was reading what gator wrote (I forget which news outlet) and didn't assume it was their own words. I think it is pretty obvious.

Why now get ticky tacky... Yet, your are well within your right to complain.

Scott doesn't ask much of us in return for the privilidge to post here.

One of the few things he asks for is not posting unsourced, copyrighted materials, as it makes him legally liable.

Scott doesn't ask much of us in return for the privilidge to post here.

One of the few things he asks for is not posting unsourced, copyrighted materials, as it makes him legally liable.

Thou cherry-pick too much given the nature of the beast.

A simple Google search of the first few words reveals that the source is: The Las Vegas Review Journal

I guess he isn't legally liable anymore since I cited it... You can thank me later Gator... It took all 2 seconds.

Now, the exact words that Gator posted are also in a article @ saveamericafoundation.com, it is UNcited there... Go figure.

CORRECTION: TYTT, it WAS cited @ saveamericafoundation.com. Arnold M. Knightly is with the Las Vegas Review Journal. Here is the article:

Wouldn't let me copy the link, and I didn't want to figure it out... Just go to saveamericafoundation.com. You probably have it bookmarked on your desktop... ;-P ;-P

Cattle Roundup Protest to Las Vegas Polie Headquarters ... By ARNOLD M. KNIGHTLY

Seems like the Republican candidate is doing a heck of job pandering to the paranoia for votes. Good thing he is all for civil rights. Good thing he added a second amendment disclaimer, we would want an "insurrection":

"...At the Friday rally, Niger Innis, a Republican candidate for Nevada’s 4th Congressional District, told the crowd the “federal officials are being abusive” and violating people’s civil rights.

“Cliven Bundy’s fight is a civil rights issue,” said Innis, who is also national spokesman of the civil rights’ group Congress for Racial Equality.

But Innis urged all protesters — including so-called militia members who have said they are coming from outside Nevada — to remain peaceful and leave their weapons at home and not to wear camouflage.

“I’m a big believer in the Second Amendment,” Innis said. “But this is one time, tactically speaking, we must operate in a nonviolent fashion. As long as we do that … we will have the moral high ground, and the feds will look like the bullies they are.”..."

From the same article by Arnold M. Knightly, The Las Vegas Review Journal @ saveamericafoundation.com.

Scratch that... I did the leg work and got the link for all the normal people who want to see the wackos in action. Don't ever accuse me of being NJSue!

http://www.saveamericafoundation.com/2014/04/12/cliven-bundy-supporters-bring-cattle-roundup-protest-to-las-vegas-police-headquarters-by-arnold-m-knightly/

From the link:

“...Sheriff Gillespie is the top elected law enforcement officer in Clark County and he has abdicated his role as sheriff, leaving the people of Clark County void of protection from abuse by the federal government,” said Connie Foust, president of the Virgin Valley Tea Party in Mesquite and co-organizer of the protest..."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Why were the feds kicking everybody off their land in that area? What was their plan for the land?

I heard it was because the Chinese want the land to put a solar farm on it.

Hairy Back Reid is involved in the scam. :ph34r:

Seems to me that the confusion apparent in our posts is a perfect mirror for the confusion surrounding the issue. It would be interesting to know the "agreement" reached between the BLM and Bundy that caused the release of his cattle held by the BLM.

I cant comment in this because I dont know what in the hell is really going on and what all the facts and back story is.

Although its nice to see the people stand up to the government. ..im not entirely sure if it is justified or not.

Im sure somehow some way the gvt was using some ridiculous claim about tortoises being endangered by the cattle so they were going to kick the cattle off as pre tense to clear the land out to put up tbe solar farm that almost certainly harry Reid is involved with and probably getting his palms greased in some solyndra like fashion with federal monies.

I cant comment in this because I dont know what in the hell is really going on and what all the facts and back story is.

Although its nice to see the people stand up to the government. ..im not entirely sure if it is justified or not.

Im sure somehow some way the gvt was using some ridiculous claim about tortoises being endangered by the cattle so they were going to kick the cattle off as pre tense to clear the land out to put up tbe solar farm that almost certainly harry Reid is involved with and probably getting his palms greased in some solyndra like fashion with federal monies.

It's the Koch brothers fault.

Two things:

1) the government will background check everyone involved, find a few sex offended and child molester in the crowd against th government and make a big deal about it. That's what I would do, anyway.

2) copy cat movements like this will pop up around the country. Fox is making sure these **** heads get their fifteen minutes of anti government fame.

Two things:

1) the government will background check everyone involved, find a few sex offended and child molester in the crowd against th government and make a big deal about it. That's what I would do, anyway.

2) copy cat movements like this will pop up around the country. Fox is making sure these **** heads get their fifteen minutes of anti government fame.

Maybe the government should just drone them.

I was under the impression that the land belonged to the state of Nevada, and that the deal for grazing rights was with the state, not the feds. I can't remember where I heard or read that, though. either way, if there was a deal that he could use the land to graze his cattle, then he should be able to do so. if he owes any government agencies money for using the land per the agreement, then he should pay what he owes. if the feds don't have an ownership stake in the land, then they should be held accountable for moving in on a private citizen under force of arms.

I was under the impression that the land belonged to the state of Nevada, and that the deal for grazing rights was with the state, not the feds. I can't remember where I heard or read that, though. either way, if there was a deal that he could use the land to graze his cattle, then he should be able to do so. if he owes any government agencies money for using the land per the agreement, then he should pay what he owes. if the feds don't have an ownership stake in the land, then they should be held accountable for moving in on a private citizen under force of arms.

Just STFU