one more nonsensical draft thought

I thought I would add my own nonsensical "what if" draft thought to everyone else's fantasy, just musing on a rainy day.

Assume four of five QB needy teams: Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland and Minnesota go QB. Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, and Carr, you pick the order all within the top 8. If Bridgewater didn't crap the boat at his pro day this could have happened. Instead he probably slides. For some reason I think it's Bortles to Jax, Manziel and / or Bridgewater to Cleveland or Oakland, and Carr to Minnesota. Oakland may see Jamarcus Russel in Bridgewater tho and that's giving them pause.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson and Watkins are are near locks within the top 8, but someone always does something unexpected in the top 10 (or stupid Maybin, Whitner come to mind) but if one of these guys slide you grab him and are very happy.

If they don't, Evans, Ebron, Matthews, and Lewan remain and all 4 are linked to the Bills in most mocks. If Bridgewater slides, take Matthews off this list. If Bridgewater and Manziel drop then take Evans off this list.

Everyone has Detroit going DB after us. We could easily trade back 2, 3 or 4 spots and still get our guy. I think we'd be happy with any of the 4 and can adjust round 2 based on who we grab in round 1. Two picks in round 2 would be stellar in this draft. I like that fast LB from Ohio State that visited the Bills.

I thought I would add my own nonsensical "what if" draft thought to everyone else's fantasy, just musing on a rainy day.

Assume four of five QB needy teams: Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland and Minnesota go QB. Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, and Carr, you pick the order all within the top 8. If Bridgewater didn't crap the boat at his pro day this could have happened. Instead he probably slides. For some reason I think it's Bortles to Jax, Manziel and / or Bridgewater to Cleveland or Oakland, and Carr to Minnesota. Oakland may see Jamarcus Russel in Bridgewater tho and that's giving them pause.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson and Watkins are are near locks within the top 8, but someone always does something unexpected in the top 10 (or stupid Maybin, Whitner come to mind) but if one of these guys slide you grab him and are very happy.

If they don't, Evans, Ebron, Matthews, and Lewan remain and all 4 are linked to the Bills in most mocks. If Bridgewater slides, take Matthews off this list. If Bridgewater and Manziel drop then take Evans off this list.

Everyone has Detroit going DB after us. We could easily trade back 2, 3 or 4 spots and still get our guy. I think we'd be happy with any of the 4 and can adjust round 2 based on who we grab in round 1. Two picks in round 2 would be stellar in this draft. I like that fast LB from Ohio State that visited the Bills.

Speaking of nonsensical. :lol:

With pick #9 the Bills will take CJ Mosley.

Run defense was a huge problem last year.

Their D-line is very strong, and I don't think they will take a safety with the top-ten pick (though Clinton-Dix is a definite possibility.) I think they will go with a run-stopping ILB.

Yes they picked up Spikes from NE, a great run-stopping LB. But that is a one-year deal and he is not an every down LB. Mosley has everything the Bills tend to look for in their recent high picks: started in a tough conference for multiple years, high character, very productive college career, great athlete and a strong work ethic. They will also claim that Detroit was going to take him at #10.

i do not see us taking Mosley at 9. He just isn't good enough to get that high.

New idea to throw out there. What would the lions agree to if we said we'd let them have Evans. All we have to do with swap 1 spot and maybe pick up a 3rd. I'm pretty sure that the lions would be ok with that. Just food for thought.

i do not see us taking Mosley at 9. He just isn't good enough to get that high.

New idea to throw out there. What would the lions agree to if we said we'd let them have Evans. All we have to do with swap 1 spot and maybe pick up a 3rd. I'm pretty sure that the lions would be ok with that. Just food for thought.

Nice idea in principle, but if the Lions didn't think we would pick Evans, why would they waste a pick moving up unless they thought we would make a trade? I could have seen this before the trade for Williams, but I don't think the Bills look for a WR in the first round now.

We don't have to be the ones in play for Evans. Thats the Beauty of it. Look at the teams after the Lions. Titans, Steelers, Giants, Ravens, Cowboys. All could use another primetime reciever. All you have to say is so and so is looking to trade to 9 because they really want Evans.

Speaking of nonsensical. :lol:

What is nonsensical about that? Bridgewater, by all reports, screwed the pooch on his pro-day. Manziel, Bortles and Carr are good bets not to fall. If Bridgewater showed anything at his pro day all four get drafted in the top ten.

What is nonsensical about that? Bridgewater, by all reports, screwed the pooch on his pro-day. Manziel, Bortles and Carr are good bets not to fall. If Bridgewater showed anything at his pro day all four get drafted in the top ten.

Pro day. :lol:

We don't have to be the ones in play for Evans. Thats the Beauty of it. Look at the teams after the Lions. Titans, Steelers, Giants, Ravens, Cowboys. All could use another primetime reciever. All you have to say is so and so is looking to trade to 9 because they really want Evans.

Well, we all know Jerry loves trading up for his guy (Bryant, Claiborne). If he's fallen for Evans, this could happen and Miles Austin is basically a worthless receiver at this point with his recurring hammy issues that will never fully heal.

The Cowboys are in love with Anthony Barr. I hope we land either Mosley or Barr with or first pick unless something crazy happens & someone like Robinson or Mack is still available.

I could end up being wrong no question...But I just don't see the Bills Drafting a LB high...They signed two LB's in free agency, and NFL teams are only playing one or two LB's on almost 60% of Defensive downs...Lawson and Bradham are back-ups now...And Whaley seems to be high on Ty Powell...A Rookie LB is not going to play much at all barring a serious injury...And even though Spikes is only signed for a year using a 1st round pick in case he moves on does not seem to be the smartest way to build a roster IMHO...I'm not against Drafting a LB, I'd just rather it was a mid round pick... B-)

Respectfully disagree KOK. If that LB was Mosley he would be playing a lot because he would the 2nd best LB on the team the minute he walked through the door.Aggressive against the run.. quick to diagnose play action and very good @ pass defense. But we'll probably take a me first guy like Ebron rather than address the OL or LB needs.

I'm not in love with the Mosley pick. I'm just saying it is in keeping with some recent Bills first round picks. He had a very productive college career, and played every down in a tough conference. He may be BPA at #9 on sites that grade prospects. If you ignore his ceiling, which may not be all that high for a top-10 pick, and look at the floor, he may have the highest floor and be the safest pick for a solid contributor. In that we he is very similar to Gilmore, and you could even draw parallels to Dareus and Spiller. I am not saying I am certain this is the pick, I just think it is a very possible outcome.

(Personally I'd prefer that they trade down, and maybe still get Mosley or Aaron Donald, unless Matthews, Robinson, Watkins, or Mack is still available - all very unlikely.)