Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

Well, he certainly used a lot of words...and emoticons...OC trademarks. But OC still doesn't offer anyting other than opinion, as to why Trump would be a good owner for the Bills, or any professional sports team, for that matter. His history doesn't really indicate this...and his bluster is just bluster.

Trump for one is friends with JK, and two has already stated how important the team is for the City of Buffalo,

3, Trump in my opinion helps build a new stadium,

I mean Its not like new owners willing to keep the Bills in Buffalo grow on trees...

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would everyone feel about "The Buffalo Bills of Toronto".... similar deal to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

And what if they still played some games at RWS? I mean, it's better than completely relocating out West.

Or build a mega stadium in Niagara Falls, CAN? It might take something creative to keep them around.

This is the kind of scenario that has me the most concerned. LA seems unlikely but I can see some big money guys thinking this would be a good idea and that it would retain most of the fans.

I for one would be done with the Bills and most likely the league.

If it takes Trump to keep the Bills playing 8 games a year somewhere in Erie county I'll sign up for that.

Well, he certainly used a lot of words...and emoticons...OC trademarks. But OC still doesn't offer anyting other than opinion, as to why Trump would be a good owner for the Bills, or any professional sports team, for that matter. His history doesn't really indicate this...and his bluster is just bluster.

well, what did you offer, other than an opinion, as to why trump would be detrimental?.."his history" would depend on one's interpretation of that.. probably opinion based also Edited by dwight in philly

1. Do you seriously think he is all about being a hero in Buffalo and that forces him to keep the team there? Really?? This is nonsense. Trump will do whatever makes him the most money and feeds his ego the most.

Boy, you really missed it then huh? Feeding the ego rarely, if ever, meets with making the most money. So, if you are doing one thing, chances are you aren't doing as much of the other. Not to say you can't have a big ego and make a lot of $, but, you said "making the most". Ego and "the most $"? Nope.

Christ, you're a coder. You should know better. The coders that make the most $ have the smallest ego problem, because everybody wants to work with them(and let's be honest, every good coder has an ego problem, as they should. I am simply referring to extent of ego problem. :lol:).

Being the hero of people in dinky Buffalo NY is irrelevant. Mr. Media Whore would be loved by the people wherever he moved the team, and the bigger the market the better for his ego as well as his bottom line. Maybe he would end up keeping the Bills in Buffalo and maybe he would not. But he is by no means locked into anything because of the love of Buffalonians.

Yeah, you really don't get it. Let's say Trump moves the team to LA. Day 1 of that, with all his PR people in full go mode? Donald Trump doesn't even crack the top 20 of attention-getters in that town. Period. Who owns the friggin Lakers? I don't know, do you? Does the average LA person? Nope. I say again: The Lakers.

Meanwhile, who in Buffalo doesn't know who owns the Bills? Even the downstaters/non-sports people going to school here will ultimately know.

2. I agree with this. The only exception being if winning does not make him the most money or feed his ego the most. Those are the two things he values most. Turing a turd into a winner would certainly be an ego booster so turning the Bills into a winner would be high on his list to be sure.

Again, making the most $ is not the same as feeding the ego.

I don't understand why you think these two things are inexorably linked. In my experience they are rarely linked. Does Terry Pegula have a massive ego?

Terry Pegula could buy Trump a few times over. He definitely "makes the most money". So...where is the ego you say has to come with that for Terry?

Yeah, Donald trump, the 4 time Billionaire...he's not a winner. :lol: What exactly is your standard then?

I can respect where your coming from PTR ,

but the way I see it If D Trump ends up helping us secure the Bills long term , does it in part out of a friendship for JK,

It would help improve D Trump's tarnished image,

win, win situation...

I simply do not trust Donald Trump to do right by Buffalo. Sorry, I just don't. His past practice is to always make the best deal for himself. Owning an NFL team in Buffalo will be too much temptation when he could make a sweet "Trump" deal by flipping the team to someone who wants to move the team in 2020.

That's how I see him. Deceitful, devious, out only for himself. He'd buy the team then you will start hearing him complain that he can't sell enough luxury boxes. (Trump suites) Buffalo simply can't afford the "Trump brand!" 2020 will roll around and off go the Bills with The Donald pocketing a huge profit. You guys think you can trust him. I can't.

Some examples of The Donald's work:

http://www.legalzoom...repeatedly-file

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1503350

Stay away from him.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Money from his father and he's filed bankruptcy a number of times. Having money doesn't make you a winner.

Yeah, all the $ Trump has today came from his father. :lol: Trump didn't take what he had, and turn it over about 100 times. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you don't know the history of most billionaires? At some point they were millionares who also filed bankruptcy a number of times. :o This bankruptcy charge is patently ridiculous for guys like Trump. You clearly don't know his history. He invested in NYC, at a time when only a moron would invest in NYC. He made millions anyway. Then Guliani came along, and Trump started making billions, because Guliani cleaned up that city right in front of me, made life difficult for scumbags, both rich and poor, and made doing business in NYC make sense, and Trump was standing there with condos ready to sell.

These are the facts. When you get done, they will still be the facts.

Boy, you really missed it then huh? Feeding the ego rarely, if ever, meets with making the most money. So, if you are doing one thing, chances are you aren't doing as much of the other. Not to say you can't have a big ego and make a lot of $, but, you said "making the most". Ego and "the most $"? Nope.

Christ, you're a coder. You should know better. The coders that make the most $ have the smallest ego problem, because everybody wants to work with them(and let's be honest, every good coder has an ego problem, as they should. I am simply referring to extent of ego problem. :lol:).

Yeah, you really don't get it. Let's say Trump moves the team to LA. Day 1 of that, with all his PR people in full go mode? Donald Trump doesn't even crack the top 20 of attention-getters in that town. Period. Who owns the friggin Lakers? I don't know, do you? Does the average LA person? Nope. I say again: The Lakers.

Meanwhile, who in Buffalo doesn't know who owns the Bills? Even the downstaters/non-sports people going to school here will ultimately know.

Again, making the most $ is not the same as feeding the ego.

I don't understand why you think these two things are inexorably linked. In my experience they are rarely linked. Does Terry Pegula have a massive ego?

Terry Pegula could buy Trump a few times over. He definitely "makes the most money". So...where is the ego you say has to come with that for Terry?

I actually think that you don't understand me. Terry Pegula doesn't necessarily have a big ego to go along with his big bucks. I'm not saying the two things are inexorably linked. What I am saying is that Trump has big bucks (at least today, who knows a year from now) and he also has a giant ego. Not all billionaires, this one in particular ... the Donald.

Donald Trump might not crack the top 20 of attention getters in any large market that he might decide to move the team to. But there will still be more people giving him attention there than in tiny hole in the wall market Buffalo. Basically a big fish in a small pond (Buffalo) is considerably less attractive to an attention whore of the magnitude of the Donald than a smaller fish in a larger pond. In the larger pond there is room to grow.

well, what did you offer, other than an opinion, as to why trump would be detrimental?.."his history" would depend on one's interpretation of that.. probably opinion based also

Trump has filed for banruptcy four times. Without his inheritance, and government protection (what a kitty!), he would be another guy who lost his shirt. I give him credit (as I stated before), in that he knows his name is his greatest assett at this point. He is in the business of selling his name. He talks a lot. He says a lot. He lies a lot, or is just flat out wrong, a lot. So, why would I (or you) trust him when he says he would keep the Bills in Buffalo? How long would he keep the Bills in Buffalo?

Look, I think the guy is a complete !@#$, I am not pretending any different. I have pretty much thought he was an !@#$ since I first became aware of who he was, in the early 80's That is my opinion, based on years of personal observation. So, iit is based on something...more so than "it is my opinion he will build a stadium in Buffalo". Based on what? Because he is really into building stadiums? What is that opinion based on? I suspect, those in favor of him becoming the owner of the Buffalo Bills, feel some poltical commonality with Trump. I recognize the names from the PPP.

His "politics" have only made that more clear to me. I realize, that is opinion. My choice to own the team is Terry Pegula. He is a guy who made his forutne (it wasn't handed to him) in the fracking industry. I am no fan of fracking. I would presume that pretty much anyone who might purchase the Bills is on the other side of most political issues, than me. But, that doesn't make me necessarily think they are !@#$s. Donald Trump is an !@#$.

Edited by Buftex

You are absolutely right, you have convinced me. Donald Trump would indeed make a fantastic owner of the Bills who would really help make the Bills winners and be an advocate for WNY and the good people of Buffalo. Maybe he could replace Brandon with that old George guy, or more likely one of his offspring.

lol

It is clear that you adopt Trump's name-calling strategy in referring to the dopey Mark Cuban, an actual major franchise owner the ilk of which a fan like me could only dream of.

And his Shark Tank reality show is one thousand times more captivating than Trump's tired exercise in "let's see how much money these B-listers can extort from thier contacts to raise for charity."

Yeah, more political/envy-based crap. :rolleyes: I refer to Mark Cuban as dopey, because he is F'ing dopey, by any standard we would apply in WNY. And also because Mark Cuban routinely runs his mouth based on nothing more than political/envy-based crap.

The man made an entire movie, supposedly to rile people up about the Iraq war, but largely to get himself invited to parties in Hollywood, and the thing absolutely tanked at the box office.

That's dopey. Period. What's more? You probably didn't know that, did you? That's also dopey, isn't it?

Like I said: 95% of the people who would have a problem with Trump, have some political axe to grind. All Trump did was call their hero...exactly what he has, in fact, turned out to be. Trump was right about almost everything on said hero, and that bunches panties.

Bills fans should never, ever care about bunched panties. Deferring to those with bunched panties is precisely how we ended up with the awful tailgating rules and policies we have now.

Yeah, more political/envy-based crap. :rolleyes: I refer to Mark Cuban as dopey, because he is F'ing dopey, by any standard we would apply in WNY. And also because Mark Cuban routinely runs his mouth based on nothing more than political/envy-based crap.

The man made an entire movie, supposedly to rile people up about the Iraq war, but largely to get himself invited to parties in Hollywood, and the thing absolutely tanked at the box office.

That's dopey. Period. What's more? You probably didn't know that, did you? That's also dopey, isn't it?

Like I said: 95% of the people who would have a problem with Trump, have some political axe to grind. All Trump did was call their hero...exactly what he has, in fact, turned out to be. Trump was right about almost everything on said hero, and that bunches panties.

Bills fans should never, ever care about bunched panties. Deferring to those with bunched panties is precisely how we ended up with the awful tailgating rules and policies we have now.

OC, you are absolutely dopey! :rolleyes::thumbsup::rolleyes::worthy:

Trump has filed for banruptcy four times. Without his inheritance, and government protection (what a kitty!), he would be another guy who lost his shirt. I give him credit (as I stated before), in that he knows his name is his greatest assett at this point. He is in the business of selling his name. He talks a lot. He says a lot. He lies a lot, or is just flat out wrong, a lot. So, why would I (or you) trust him when he says he would keep the Bills in Buffalo? How long would he keep the Bills in Buffalo?

Look, I think the guy is a complete !@#$, I am not pretending any different. I have pretty much thought he was an !@#$ since I first became aware of who he was, in the early 80's That is my opinion, based on years of personal observation. So, iit is based on something...more so than "it is my opinion he will build a stadium in Buffalo". Based on what? Because he is really into building stadiums? What is that opinion based on? I suspect, those in favor of him becoming the owner of the Buffalo Bills, feel some poltical commonality with Trump. I recognize the names from the PPP.

His "politics" have only made that more clear to me. I realize, that is opinion. My choice to own the team is Terry Pegula. He is a guy who made his forutne (it wasn't handed to him) in the fracking industry. I am no fan of fracking. I would presume that pretty much anyone who might purchase the Bills is on the other side of most political issues, than me. But, that doesn't make me necessarily think they are !@#$s. Donald Trump is an !@#$.

Well said.

You are the only one spouting politically based crap here. Most reasonable people, when looking at Trump's record over decades, would be able to conclude without any political influence whatever what kind of person he is.

Edited by MDFan

I actually think that you don't understand me. Terry Pegula doesn't necessarily have a big ego to go along with his big bucks. I'm not saying the two things are inexorably linked. What I am saying is that Trump has big bucks (at least today, who knows a year from now) and he also has a giant ego. Not all billionaires, this one in particular ... the Donald.

Donald Trump might not crack the top 20 of attention getters in any large market that he might decide to move the team to. But there will still be more people giving him attention there than in tiny hole in the wall market Buffalo. Basically a big fish in a small pond (Buffalo) is considerably less attractive to an attention whore of the magnitude of the Donald than a smaller fish in a larger pond. In the larger pond there is room to grow.

No, it is you who don't understand. Really.

Think of it in terms of minutes. How many minutes of Trumps day, spent in Buffalo, would he be getting attention?

Now, how many minutes would he get in Toronto or LA?

(because those are the ONLY places where a team could realistically go, and not be blocked out by the existing owners.)

See? Trump gets more quality minutes in Buffalo. Period.

And, we might as well get this out of the way now: neither Toronto or LA are realistic places for an NFL team. (Except for the Chargers moving to LA, and only because San Diego is slightly more ridiculously run, by incompetent buffoons, than LA) They have been wonderful stalking horses, and the NFL has been able to use them to great effect. But no one in their right mind would start/move a Day 1, billion $ new business in either city, and especially not one that is so dependent on mass media marketing....because that means: every government "inspector", every union boss, and literally everybody in the city with their hand out, demanding "their fair share" :rolleyes: and no pre-existing political relationships/shields against these low-lifes.

I'm talking any business. The # of government-based people who would be looking to get paid off both initially, and every year, simply makes both of these towns cost-prohibitive for almost every single team in the NFL. Billionaires don't get that way without knowing how to read a balance sheet, and managing risk.

This year literally makes 20 damn years of "somebody is moving to LA" :wallbash::rolleyes: And given the massively huge potential for revenue in LA, equally massive potential for government bad behavior, is the ONLY thing that has prevented a team from starting/moving there....for again, 20 damn years.

LA and Toronto can build all the stadiums they want, and have all the votes they want, but only a fool does business with these people.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Curious, Do you think business ventures are always successful ?

and Isn't it very possible past experiences in failed business ventures has taught D Trump something?

It takes balls to do what D Trump does for a living,

and it would take big balls to buy the Bills,

Trumps got them...

Or, you know, we could hope for someone smart with a lower ratio of vanity vs passion for Buffalo and football.

OC, you are absolutely dopey! :rolleyes::thumbsup::rolleyes::worthy:

You are the only one spouting politically based crap here. Most reasonable people, when looking at Trump's record over decades, would be able to conclude without any political influence whatever what kind of person he is.

Read this thread clowns. The first 10 pages are nothing but the ususal suspects spouting the usual crap. I know who these posters are, so don't waste our time.

You know damn well, especially Buftex, that your issues are political/envy based.

Buftex knows what happens to those who try to lie/pretend their political partisanship = "being reasonable" :rolleyes: when I'm around.

EDIT: Well, it's been 10 minutes, and Buftex should have caught on by now. :lol: Oh well. Here's a hint: go back and look at my first post in this thread. Look at my first sentence. Get it?

Yes, yes, hilarious this thread is. Many of the "truths" we cling to depend on our point of view.

Alright, enough Yoda. More hilarious is that one can come in and so easily expose the political hacks, with political hackery. :lol:

Toys.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

It takes balls to do what D Trump does for a living,

You honestly think it takes balls to do what Trump does? He has never built anything of his own and the things he has built by and large have failed. The only thing Trump does that takes balls is wear his hair like that in public.

He's the worst choice that could possibly be made for the Bills unless your goal is to see them relocate.

This is not true. Dr. Jerry Buss was the finest owner in the history of team sports -- he transcended the Lakers. His daughter (Jeannie )and son (Jim) who run the team now along with their four siblings are very well known in LA. It helps if you know what it is you are talking about before speaking sometimes.

Edited by GreggyT

You are such a tool OC. I have been pretty up front, in this thread that I don't like Trump for political reasons.

I forgot the orgasms you bring yourself to by fantasizing that you are dressing people down with your incoherent picture stories. I was the first one to mention political bias as a factor in judging Trumps appeal as owner of our team. So wtf is your point? No wait, please don't bother trying to sketch an answer to that.

But, tell me without a bunch of smiley faces that you are doing anything different. You are a tool. (I said it so it is fact..the OC method of debate...sounds like somebody) So, you really think Trump is the best option for our team...or are you just feeling the need to argue with someone? Seriously.

Edited by Buftex

You are such a tool OC. I have been pretty up front, in this thread that I don't like Trump for political reasons.

I forgot the orgasms you bring yourself to by fantasizing that you are dressing people down with your incoherent picture stories. I was the first one to mention political bias as a factor in judging Trumps appeal as owner of our team. So wtf is your point? No wait, please don't bother trying to sketch an answer to that.

But, tell me without a bunch of smiley faces that you are doing anything different. You are a tool. (I said it so it is fact..the OC method of debate...sounds like somebody) So, you really think Trump is the best option for our team...or are you just feeling the need to argue with someone? Seriously.

Who's the tool?? How bout the clown to the left and those such as yourself who worship him.

Edited by Wiz

Oh ****...you got me!

No. He didn't.

But I surely did.

What? Did you forget all about my antics?

The only tool here is you, as usual Buftard. You are so easily played, and I made my point, specifically by playing you and many others. Spare me the "my opinion isn't based in politics". Do you really think anybody is buying this crap? EDIT: You know what would be even more funny for me? If you actually believe your own BS. You actually believing that your opinion isn't based on politics at all. That would make this whole thing today totally worth the trouble. :lol:

Btw:

I couldn't care less if Trump is the owner, and I would take Pegula over him 100/100 times. But, that's boring. :lol:

You should be aware: I refuse to allow nonsense brokers to run wild on this board. And you are fooling yourself(wouldn't be the first time, would it?) if you think that at least half the posts in this thread aren't 100% politically motivated, or written by those entirely too dopey to realize that Trump is a better troll than I am....as GreggT pointed out, and I replied in my first post in this thread.

It's hilarious that Donald Trump, of all people, apparently lives rent-free in so many heads. It's like the silly Karl Rove thing all over again. I would expect better from posters here. I do expect better. Thus...my antics.

Edited by OCinBuffalo