Memorial for Ralph today

mrags

To those that haven't made it or even knew about it. The Bills had a memorial for Ralph today at the field house. It was awesome. Very well done. Lots on his life and career. Andre Reed was there as was Mary Wilson. I was impressed with how everything was out together and how much they appreciated the fans. Mary Wilson personally thanked and shook the hands of every Bills fan there. They had a few large blank books for everyone to sign before they left. Overall I was impressed by the treatment they gave the fans and how Mary Wilson thanked everyone. I expressed how I was sorry for her loss and she said, "I'm sorry for your loss" right back to me. She really gets how everyone in Buffalo loved Ralph and was grateful to everything he gave to us.

If I can manage to get to a laptop one of these days, I'll download all the pics I took. They had a really nice display of all of his military accomplishments with a giant American flag with Navy personnel and an eternal flame. They also had a piece of the goalpost he saved from the 1980 Dolphins game as well as his HOF bust and jacket and every Lamar Hunt trophy he won. They also had the 2 AFL championship trophies as well.

Thanks for the recap. Hopefully the team website puts a video of the exhibits up on their site.

Hard to imagine Mrs. Wilson selling to out of town interests considering how genuine they are. Would be odd for her to mingle so freely with the fans and then turn around and break our hearts.

Hard to imagine Mrs. Wilson selling to out of town interests considering how genuine they are. Would be odd for her to mingle so freely with the fans and then turn around and break our hearts.

I've gotten to meet Mary several times over the years and she's always very pleasent to any fan that comes up to her to say hi.

@ChrisBrownBills

A photo of a young Mr. Wilson at his fan memorial celebration. #Bills

BkeODvvIUAEuE5E.jpg

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Bills Center Eric Wood is here "it goes without saying that this season will be all about Ralph"

NYS Senate honors Mr. Wilson

BkeQR9SIAAI7GLj.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Best representation of Mr. Wilson's legacy here at his memorial celebration. #Bills

@buffalobills

The @ProFootballHOF bust of Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., founding owner of the Buffalo #Bills.

BkebusCCMAArMsc.jpg

BkeZw75IEAAoByk.jpg

BkeY9RfCEAA27Cv.jpg

BkbK0JfIQAEi5wl.jpg

Bkadme6IgAABpxi.jpg

BkZrDElCUAA9yzZ.jpg

Thanks for the recap. Hopefully the team website puts a video of the exhibits up on their site.

http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/photo-gallery/Ralph-C-Wilson-Jr-Memorial/9bcae808-bb7e-4da5-b61d-65b683391b7b#start

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Focus-A-Celebration-of-Ralph-Wilsons-Life/50a69890-611d-4fe8-afa1-3126b346f1a1

To those that haven't made it or even knew about it. The Bills had a memorial for Ralph today at the field house. It was awesome. Very well done. Lots on his life and career. Andre Reed was there as was Mary Wilson. I was impressed with how everything was out together and how much they appreciated the fans. Mary Wilson personally thanked and shook the hands of every Bills fan there. They had a few large blank books for everyone to sign before they left. Overall I was impressed by the treatment they gave the fans and how Mary Wilson thanked everyone. I expressed how I was sorry for her loss and she said, "I'm sorry for your loss" right back to me. She really gets how everyone in Buffalo loved Ralph and was grateful to everything he gave to us.

If I can manage to get to a laptop one of these days, I'll download all the pics I took. They had a really nice display of all of his military accomplishments with a giant American flag with Navy personnel and an eternal flame. They also had a piece of the goalpost he saved from the 1980 Dolphins game as well as his HOF bust and jacket and every Lamar Hunt trophy he won. They also had the 2 AFL championship trophies as well.

Mr Wilsons Memorial today was something I remember for ever

Mr Wilsons Memorial today was something I remember for ever

wish I knew you were gonna be there. I would have tried to plan it with ya buddy. I went really early. Got there at 1pm on the dot.

Just so happens, it is our jack/Jill wedding shower party today and I didn't have long while I was there. But I made sure to be there. Was super impressed with Mary Wilson shaking the hands of every fan that was there. She made me feel like we should be the ones in mourning for what we have lost. A truly great woman.

I was there. It was a really nice tribute and well done. I give the Bills a lot of credit they did a great job.

Mary came up to my brother with tears in her eyes and said to him "Thank you for being such a great fan." That broke my heart but I know I really appreciated her taking the time to thank us for being there. I certainly didn't expect to see her

I was there. It was a really nice tribute and well done. I give the Bills a lot of credit they did a great job.

Mary came up to my brother with tears in her eyes and said to him "Thank you for being such a great fan." That broke my heart but I know I really appreciated her taking the time to thank us for being there. I certainly didn't expect to see her

yeah bud. This x1,000. Like I said, when I spoke with her and expressed how sorry I was for HER LOSS, and without hesitation, she stopped me and said... "No, I'm sorry sorry for your loss" I had to walk away rather quickly because I felt like breaking down in tears.

It's not supposed to happen that way. She should be the one being consoled and she was trying to console us. She really is a great woman and I have complete faith that she will do whatever she can to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo.

It's obvious that the talk of "Ralph is cheap" and "just sell the team already" has subsided over the last little bit, but I really hope everyone that used to complain and joke about Ralph really understand what he and his family have done for Buffalo. Not just over the years but in Ralph's passing. There's been a plan in place. I'm sure there is. And Ralph should go down as an all time great man for the city of Buffalo for what he did, and continues to do even in death.

yeah bud. This x1,000. Like I said, when I spoke with her and expressed how sorry I was for HER LOSS, and without hesitation, she stopped me and said... "No, I'm sorry sorry for your loss" I had to walk away rather quickly because I felt like breaking down in tears.

It's not supposed to happen that way. She should be the one being consoled and she was trying to console us. She really is a great woman and I have complete faith that she will do whatever she can to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo.

It's obvious that the talk of "Ralph is cheap" and "just sell the team already" has subsided over the last little bit, but I really hope everyone that used to complain and joke about Ralph really understand what he and his family have done for Buffalo. Not just over the years but in Ralph's passing. There's been a plan in place. I'm sure there is. And Ralph should go down as an all time great man for the city of Buffalo for what he did, and continues to do even in death.

:thumbsup: