Peter King MMQB article on Jim Kelly

I had the privilege of meeting JK at the New England game 2 years ago & he signed a football for me before the meeting .

He was more than humble & when he heard what i did for a living he seemed genuinely interested & made as much time as he could to spend with a fan, of course there were 100 others waiting in line but he came back & talked a bit more after he made his rounds .

It was a great experience & privilege to meet him ! Get well soon JK !!

Keep the prayers coming for him & his family he is one of us ...

Edited by T master

LMAO King reminds me of a hilarious incident involving Tagliaboo boo and Ralph. Its on the bottom of page 2. I remember Berman trying to be professional on NFL Gameday the next Sunday and not busting a gut, but him and Jackson I think lost it at one point backing Ralph on his comments

On WGR this morning, they said this is the only interview Jim has done since he got to this hospital. It seems to be not great news that they chose not to do the surgery because they didn't know if they would be able to reach all of the cancer and if not, it would set back the chemo and radiation treatments and they couldn't afford the time to do that. Jim says that if we hear he is scheduled for surgery, that is a good sign.

Edited by YoloinOhio

BTW, should be mentioned that no matter your thoughts on Peter King's work, condolences are due to him as well. He has just lost his second brother in a couple of years to heart attack.

Gotta be hard to be the third brother and the older two have passed with heart attacks at relatively young ages.

My thoughts are with Peter King and his family today.

Edited by plenzmd1

BTW, should be mentioned that no matter your thoughts on Peter Kinds work, condolences are due to him as well. He has just lost his second brother in a couple of years to heart attack.

Gotta be hard to be the third brother and the older two have passed with heart attacks at relatively young ages.

My thoughts are with Peter Kind and his family today.

I read this with a heavy heart as well. I actually love his work too. Very sad indeed for his loss.

Great article. Had me tearing up this morning when he talked about seeing Hunter first. My two nightmares as a father: outliving my child and not having the opportunity to see my child grow to a professional adult. He's already gone through one and facing the prospect of the other. #PrayersforJK indeed.

You know what struck me in that article?

People loved much else about him as a player (called his own plays, never whined about losing the Super Bowl four straight years).

For all the whining so many of us do on this board over such trivialities...think about that a minute. And Kelly never whined about Hunter, either.

There's your "Kelly Strong."

I had the privilege of meeting JK at the New England game 2 years ago & he signed a football for me before the meeting .

He was more than humble & when he heard what i did for a living he seemed genuinely interested & made as much time as he could to spend with a fan, of course there were 100 others waiting in line but he came back & talked a bit more after he made his rounds .

It was a great experience & privilege to meet him ! Get well soon JK !!

Keep the prayers coming for him & his family he is one of us ...

What do you do for a living?

You know what struck me in that article?

For all the whining so many of us do on this board over such trivialities...think about that a minute. And Kelly never whined about Hunter, either.

There's your "Kelly Strong."

Amen.