So...What happens next?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a natural question to ask, especially since most of us are only connected to Mr. Wilson by the Bills.

True. He was a great man who we should honor for bringing the Bills to Buffalo, but every Bills fan would be lying to themselves if they weren't thinking in the back of their mind "what's going to happen to our team?"

“Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew Said

”A little I’m hurt but not yet slain.

”I’ll just lie down and bleed a while,

”And then I’ll rise and Fight again.”

Beautiful, probably what Marv is thinking right now.

True. He was a great man who we should honor for bringing the Bills to Buffalo, but every Bills fan would be lying to themselves if they weren't thinking in the back of their mind "what's going to happen to our team?"

No need to keep Littman anymore :thumbsup::cry:

So...

Good thing the lease just got renewed. We should have 7 years hopefully left of Bills football. Guess Ralph's will and succession plan will be known. Will JKs group still buy the team?

Lots of sad news for us Bills fans, but wonder what is next...

thoughts?

I hate to break hearts here but a new owner can move the team with little difficulty.

So...

Good thing the lease just got renewed. We should have 7 years hopefully left of Bills football. Guess Ralph's will and succession plan will be known. Will JKs group still buy the team?

Lots of sad news for us Bills fans, but wonder what is next...

thoughts?

I dont suppose this could wait till say.....TOMORROW

Thinking it doesnt mean you have to say it immediately....stay classy

The clock to year 7 of the lease is ticking loudly. Just keep that in mind. We have to show the NFL the Bills belong here. Don't give anyone any reason to point fingers at the fans.

PTR

How do we go about doing this?

a friend (who frequents this forum also) texted me and said Ralph's last gift will be a reasonable plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Let's hope its true

Been a tough week for sure, the Kelly thing has rattled me as a person and a lifelong WNYer. He's a first ballot all-time Buffalonian from a short list of contenders. A guy who never wanted to be here turns out to be one of us and has stayed here with us, battling with us, with the kind of pride for this place that few exhibit. His legacy as player, man, and fellow "neighbor" is unquestioned and his bond to the region is unbreakable.

But Wilson's legacy is really tied to this statement. I for one believe his legacy is inextricably linked to what his will says about the future plans for the team. One paper his family stands to make hundreds of millions from the initial $25,000 investment off the backs of taxpayers and loyal fans. If his family seeks maximum return, which is their right, with zero safeguards or plans in place, his legacy frankly takes a hit and all the talk about keeping them here when he was alive turns out to be lip service in the end. I wholeheartedly appreciate his faith in the region when has alive. He's a true old-fashioned passionate football owner, unlike these brazen, greedy corporate types like Dan Snyder. In the end if he allows his family to make a few million more (on top of hundreds of millions in pure equity), that's problematic for me. Might not be for all but it will be for me. We as taxpayers have helped make those millions. We've provide the operational capital to build, own and maintain the stadium. That doesn't entitle us to dictate much, but it should leave some consideration of that fact when it comes time to sell this team. Here's hoping the greatest owner this region has had cements that legacy.

RIP Ralph, you'll be missed.

I hate to break hearts here but a new owner can move the team with little difficulty.

It is a $400 million buyout so I am sure it is not totally out of the question for the new owner to lay that kind of coin down to move the team to LA or Toronto but it is not a drop in the bucket either.

Been a tough week for sure, the Kelly thing has rattled me as a person and a lifelong WNYer. He's a first ballot all-time Buffalonian from a short list of contenders. A guy who never wanted to be here turns out to be one of us and has stayed here with us, battling with us, with the kind of pride for this place that few exhibit. His legacy as player, man, and fellow "neighbor" is unquestioned and his bond to the region is unbreakable.

But Wilson's legacy is really tied to this statement. I for one believe his legacy is inextricably linked to what his will says about the future plans for the team. One paper his family stands to make hundreds of millions from the initial $25,000 investment off the backs of taxpayers and loyal fans. If his family seeks maximum return, which is their right, with zero safeguards or plans in place, his legacy frankly takes a hit and all the talk about keeping them here when he was alive turns out to be lip service in the end. I wholeheartedly appreciate his faith in the region when has alive. He's a true old-fashioned passionate football owner, unlike these brazen, greedy corporate types like Dan Snyder. In the end if he allows his family to make a few million more (on top of hundreds of millions in pure equity), that's problematic for me. Might not be for all but it will be for me. We as taxpayers have helped make those millions. We've provide the operational capital to build, own and maintain the stadium. That doesn't entitle us to dictate much, but it should leave some consideration of that fact when it comes time to sell this team. Here's hoping the greatest owner this region has had cements that legacy.

RIP Ralph, you'll be missed.

Agreed 100%

Sell out every home game.

So if we sell out every home game, the Bills will no longer be in danger of relocating?

No one is going to pay roughly 50% of what they paid for the team in order to move them. That's why the lease was written like that. In year 7 someone may move them when it drops to $28M.

My co-worker told me when he got a headline feed on his phone.

I took a deep breath from the shock, even though I was expecting it, since at 95 he had a great life.

Still, I now have butterflies in my stomach.

Let the speculation begin.................