The name stays here

I spent alot of time last night reading articles and comments from football fans across the country and abroad regarding the passing of Ralph Wilson. While the majority of comments have been supportive, you still get the occasional jerks posting things like " Introducing your Toronto Bills" or " Welcome your Los Angeles Bills". It amazes me how clueless people are about the origin of the name. I don't think the Bills will be leaving WNY any time soon but if they ever did the name would remain forever linked with Buffalo. I'm sorry to be posting a thread like this considering all that's going on with the organization but these comments aggravate me and I needed to vent.

Prayers for Jim

The name Bills is a stupid entry of fan contest.

They can take the name.

I'd rather follow Baltimore's path then Cleveland's.

My point is that the name wouldn't fit anywhere else. The name is a reference to Buffalo Bill Cody. If the team moved and they wanted to keep the name they would have to include Buffalo as well. Like ,for example, the Toronto Buffalo Bills or the Los Angeles Buffalo Bills. Otherwise the name wouldn't make any sense.

My point is that the name wouldn't fit anywhere else. The name is a reference to Buffalo Bill Cody. If the team moved and they wanted to keep the name they would have to include Buffalo as well. Like ,for example, the Toronto Buffalo Bills or the Los Angeles Buffalo Bills. Otherwise the name wouldn't make any sense.

does the Utah Jazz or LA Lakers make sense? most people dont even know where the name Bills even came from. Its doesnt matter though because if the team moved they would want a new name and a new logo

Edited by Max997

The name Bills is a stupid entry of fan contest.

They can take the name.

I'd rather follow Baltimore's path then Cleveland's.

Not so fast, whippersnapper!

True, it was selected from a WNY 'Name the Team' contest, but it mearly revived the team from the '40's in the AAFC. This league folded/merged with the NFL. It's where the Baltimore Colts, Cleveland browns and LA Rams came from.

Semi-officially, the name was pulled from hibernation.

the Pelicans is just a terrible team name

ill bring the following retort, deadspin proclaiming it awesome, and the best new team name: http://deadspin.com/5966336/!@#$-you-pelicans-are-awesome-a-defense-of-the-nbas-best-new-team-name

I wonder if New Orleans would love to have called its NBA team the Jazz again.

many people wanted it back, but accepted it wasnt happening

Edited by NoSaint

My point is . . . actually I don't know if everyone can handle this given the weakened condition . . .should I say it . . . listen, if you're reading this sit down . . . this will be hard . . .think about it . . . the logo has nothing to do with Wild Bill and the Wild Wild West.

The team can simply be the Los Angeles Buffaloes.

No logo change. No color change. I mean those red, white, and blue jerseys are as american as eating a cheeseburger, sipping a Budweiser while shooting your gun in a drop top Chevy. Awe inspiring!

How insulting to the City of Buffalo.

Yeah we didn't need the Bills part just the Buffalo Thanks!

Edited by Why So Serious?

My point is … actually I don't know of everyone can handle this given out weakened condition… should I say it … listen if you're reading this … sit down … this will be hard … think about it .… the logo had nothing to do with Wild Bill and the wild Wild West.

The team can simply be the Los Angeles Buffaloes.

No logo change. No color change. I mean those red, white, and blue jerseys are as american as eating a cheeseburger, sipping a Budweiser while shooting your gun in a drop top Chevy. Awe inspiring!

How insulting to the City of Buffalo.

Yeah we didn't need the Bills part … just the Buffalo … Thanks!

What if they moved to LA, left the name here, and became the Braves, just to spite us? Everything would come full circle.

What if they moved to LA, left the name here, and became the Braves, just to spite us? Everything would come full circle.

I think full circle would be the LA Buffaloes. Since we are named after the guy that was great at killing them. Don't think either would really make much sense though.