Rock Bottom

What a brutal month we are having as buffalo sports fans. We watch our iconic goalie leave, one of our best football players leave, our Hall of Fame QB has reoccurring cancer and our Hall of Fame Owner just passed away. Our NHL team is the worst in the league and our football team is on an NFL record 14 straight playoff-less seasons.

I am hoping we already hit rock bottom but Im worried we may not be all the way there yet.

Does this mean things can only get better from this point forward?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side we have the 9th pick in the draft, a top pick in the NHL draft, an owner who loved his team and lived a good life, a HOF QB who is getting the best treatment, we signed some great free agents, EJ had surgery to fix his knee problem and the cold weather may be breaking into warmth. Welcome April.

On the bright side we have the 9th pick in the draft, a top pick in the NHL draft, an owner who loved his team and lived a good life, a HOF QB who is getting the best treatment, we signed some great free agents, EJ had surgery to fix his knee problem and the cold weather may be breaking into warmth. Welcome April.

+1 - I'm with BBFergy.

Thanks for this post, I was feeling the same way as the OP but this actually cheered me up.

You're my favorite for a reason.

We have each other, we have our spirit, and we have Beerball.

We are Bills fans, we are meant to be tough. We don't need a glass half full or a glass half empty. We don't need to do anything but grit our teeth and fight on.

Screw the Bills moving.

Screw rock bottom, because where I come from that only means one thing. You have one hell of a foundation to build upon. That place I come from is Western NY.

Just wait until the Bills leave. 2020-2021 is when it will happen.

Honestly I think either a) they will have their situation shored up by then (new stadium) or b) someone will buy the team and figure out a way to break the lease or else just eat the $400 million. I think the least likely scenario is that someone buys the team and then moves them 5-6 years later.

Thanks for this post, I was feeling the same way as the OP but this actually cheered me up.

I agree. I was fearing we'd have to start a "Buffalo Anaynmous" chapter here for our sports teams.

Thanks for the cheering up.

Honestly I think either a) they will have their situation shored up by then (new stadium) or b) someone will buy the team and figure out a way to break the lease or else just eat the $400 million. I think the least likely scenario is that someone buys the team and then moves them 5-6 years later.

See I think someone will buy the team and use that 5-6 years to get their ducks in a row in either LA or Toronto. The 400 million won't be enough to keep an owner here if he's determined to leave, but it's enough of a bite that I think it would make most think "What's the rush?"