Jets Cut Sanchez / Git 'er dun?

Bronc24

Ha.

http://www.pro-footb...0/gamelog/post/

Look at his stats, all on the road. I would love if EJ only had to throw the ball that many times. His body of work declined when the whole team as a whole declined. THe Jets could not run the ball anymore, could not stop the run, they had no WRs at all that were any good, a TE who got hurt, an OL who stunk other than Mangold, and you want Sanchez to throw it 40 times? Good luck. There is nothing to suggest he does not work hard at Jets practices, that is a complete fabrication of the truth, he did not pull a Leinart, this guy works hard.

He is not great, he is clearly better than Thad Lewis and Tuel though. He is by far better than Ryan Fitzpatrick too.

Ha! Far better than Fitz. That's rich. It's also a blatant example of (and pardon the pun) the grass being greener.

Again, the sad thing is....he would win outright if there were a 4-way competition in Bills camp. It's less a statement about wanting him here and more a statement about our QB situation. We got exposed last year, cost us 3 games ARGUABLY, and we were left with question marks with our 1st round draft pick/franchise hopeful.

We brought Kolb in last year...people were fine with that as a veteran presence...is Kolb better?

He would also be the most post-season experienced member of our offense. Cannot deny 2 AFC Championship appearances...D or no D.

Which three games did EJ cost us?

You can say Sanchez was not the reason why they won those playoff games, but it cannot be denied he played well, it is a flat out lie to say otherwise. A young QB going 4-2, all on the road, with 9 TDs and 3 INTs and a 94 QB rating.

So we should sign him because he didn't lose playoff games behind a dominant D? Because he has a pulse? I don't get it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say Sanchez was not the reason why they won those playoff games, but it cannot be denied he played well, it is a flat out lie to say otherwise. A young QB going 4-2, all on the road, with 9 TDs and 3 INTs and a 94 QB rating.

He played efficiently for a young QB with a terrific defense.

He did not show any growth in his third, fourth or fifth seasons.

Again, the sad thing is....he would win outright if there were a 4-way competition in Bills camp.

What makes you so sure?

EJ left three games with the lead this past season. Three games that his team proceeded to cough up in one way or another.

Sanchez has looked like a lost puppy for some time now. The butt-fumble was in part hilarious because it exemplified what Sanchez had become - a guy in over his head who had been riding a strong team for awhile.

Maybe Sanchez becomes a quality backup with a new situation and renewed purpose. A team looking to build for the future shouldn't really be investing in a guy like that, who mistakenly believes he is still a starter in this league.

I don't believe in bringing him on because I don't trust NFL coaches to not fall in love with the idea of a veteran, even if his best days are long gone and came on the coattails of a dominant D.

Ha! Far better than Fitz. That's rich. It's also a blatant example of (and pardon the pun) the grass being greener.

Which three games did EJ cost us?

So we should sign him because he didn't lose playoff games behind a dominant D? Because he has a pulse? I don't get it.

Not specifically EJ (never said that) but.....our QB situation cost us games last year...specifically the lack of experience on the roster....would you agree? We started our practice squad QB and our UDFA QB - we all watched it happen....we know the games, we know the situation.

Still do not see the issue with adding a former starter with playoff experience to a pretty green and shaky group of QBs.

Still do not see the issue with adding a former starter with playoff experience to a pretty green and shaky group of QBs.

In the abstract, I agree. I simply think that Sanchez has looked green and shaky himself of late. Is that the model you want, especially when the guy still wants to be a starter?

He played efficiently for a young QB with a terrific defense.

He did not show any growth in his third, fourth or fifth seasons.

What makes you so sure?

EJ left three games with the lead this past season. Three games that his team proceeded to cough up in one way or another.

Sanchez has looked like a lost puppy for some time now. The butt-fumble was in part hilarious because it exemplified what Sanchez had become - a guy in over his head who had been riding a strong team for awhile.

Maybe Sanchez becomes a quality backup with a new situation and renewed purpose. A team looking to build for the future shouldn't really be investing in a guy like that, who mistakenly believes he is still a starter in this league.

I don't believe in bringing him on because I don't trust NFL coaches to not fall in love with the idea of a veteran, even if his best days are long gone and came on the coattails of a dominant D.

Although I agree with you on his lack of growth over that period of time....the talent level around him on offense went straight down in those years as well. Shottenheimer was at the tail end of his tenure/getting run out of town as OC too.

Not specifically EJ (never said that) but.....our QB situation cost us games last year...specifically the lack of experience on the roster....would you agree? We started our practice squad QB and our UDFA QB - we all watched it happen....we know the games, we know the situation.

What RunTheBall said, plus from 30,000 feet, "quarterback play" was also directly impacted by lousy receiver play, lousy early-down running, a rookie OC, shaky pass protection et al. I think the sum of those factors far outweighed the skills or lack thereof at quarterback, meaning the priorities for fixing "quarterback play" don't begin with bringing in new passers.

In the abstract, I agree. I simply think that Sanchez has looked green and shaky himself of late. Is that the model you want, especially when the guy still wants to be a starter?

What RunTheBall said, plus from 30,000 feet, "quarterback play" was also directly impacted by lousy receiver play, lousy early-down running, a rookie OC, shaky pass protection et al. I think the sum of those factors far outweighed the skills or lack thereof at quarterback, meaning the priorities for fixing "quarterback play" don't begin with bringing in new passers.

Kolb was brought in because the experience level was extremely low, a move that most everyone agreed with.

If he were healthy, not too many people would see an issue with an open competition for the starting slot this year.

We are discussing bringing in a younger, more experienced and probably more talented player than Kolb.

It's probably a 4M/year hedge on our season. EJ goes down again and we have nice guys to root for but they just do not have the experience.

Kolb was brought in because the experience level was extremely low, a move that most everyone agreed with.

If he were healthy, not too many people would see an issue with an open competition for the starting slot this year.

We are discussing bringing in a younger, more experienced and probably more talented player than Kolb.

It's probably a 4M/year hedge on our season. EJ goes down again and we have nice guys to root for but they just do not have the experience.

I couldn't agree more, I need a hedge going into this season other than Thad, and Sanchez would be one of the few very good hedges left out there. He's a thousand times better/more qualified to be in the NFL than Tuel time, so he could/should be signed on the basis of that fact alone.

TBC makes a ton of excuses as to why EJ was really OK and/or a victim of circumstance last year, blaming the OL, receivers, OC & early down running (really?). But my eyes tell me there is every reason to worry about EJs legitimacy as a starter and his overall ability to play consistently in the league. The next time he steps into a throw and double-cheeks it (as Fitz used to do on EVERY throw) will be the first. These weak floaters that go OB are not a good sign at all. You want three games he cost us? At the Meadowlands, at Heinz Field and at Tampa. He was awful in all three of those versus heavy pressure ... and offered no answers for 4 quarters. And he appears to be a China Doll in terms of durability.

I couldn't agree more, I need a hedge going into this season other than Thad, and Sanchez would be one of the few very good hedges left out there. He's a thousand times better/more qualified to be in the NFL than Tuel time, so he could/should be signed on the basis of that fact alone.

post-4366-0-14613700-1395687472_thumb.png

TBC makes a ton of excuses as to why EJ was really OK and/or a victim of circumstance last year, blaming the OL, receivers, OC & early down running (really?). But my eyes tell me there is every reason to worry about EJs legitimacy as a starter and his overall ability to play consistently in the league. The next time he steps into a throw and double-cheeks it (as Fitz used to do on EVERY throw) will be the first. These weak floaters that go OB are not a good sign at all. You want three games he cost us? At the Meadowlands, at Heinz Field and at Tampa. He was awful in all three of those versus heavy pressure ... and offered no answers for 4 quarters. And he appears to be a China Doll in terms of durability.

So you sign him to be 3rd string/practice squad? Because that's what Tuel is.

I still can't believe they took him with the 5th pick

Ya at least we waited till the 16th over all of the first round so we don't have as much to lose if EJ tanks !!

If the Jets had a back up plan at QB this would't have hurt them as bad but thats what they get for putting all their eggs in one basket !!

Ya at least we waited till the 16th over all of the first round so we don't have as much to lose if EJ tanks !!

If the Jets had a back up plan at QB this would't have hurt them as bad but thats what they get for putting all their eggs in one basket !!

Stop right there.

The Bills also GOT Kiko Alonso with where/how they drafted EJ.

By comparison, New York GAVE UP Kenyon Coleman, Abram Elam and Brett Ratliff and draft picks that wheeled and dealed to land Freeman in Tampa, Maclin in Philly, and Massaquoi and Mack in Cleveland.

So you sign him to be 3rd string/practice squad? Because that's what Tuel is.

well, tuel is no longer eligible for the PS, as he was active so consistently last year.

not advocating sanchez but will say itd be nice to hit camp with one more vet (imagine how nice TJax wouldve been last year).

heaven forbid EJ flop and we only have thad, or one of them is injured again (as young guys sometimes have a knack for boneheaded moves that get them hit), or any number of things.

sanchez may command too much money for the "camp competition to thad and just in case for EJ" role, but i sure as heck dont like tuel filling that spot.