Bills Draft Talk

KoBills. I really like the way you present your view, even though it is sort of long winded. I agree, that all of the armchair general managers have their own ideas about what the greatest need is and how to approach this years draft. It seems there are a lot more people who think WR is the greatest weakness. I am not so sure of this. Another thing that kind of gnaws at me here is how quickly we forget about the problems an offense has with a weak OL.

It seems people want the sexy pick. The big fast aggressive WR is that pick. An offensive lineman is hardly sexy. They rarely get props for doing a great job, but a WR is the star that people see.

Successful teams build dominant lines. We have the dominant defensive front with the possible exception of another big DE. The OL has a lot of problems and a lot of potential problems. If just one of our 2 best linemen go down to injury we are big trouble. Who is going to back them up? I see the OL as an area that needs extra attention. WR, not so much.

Now as for how we do that. You are absolutely right about one thing. You are very much limited by what falls to you during the draft. If the 2 top OLmen are gone at 9. You may be better served going with another position. Who knows how that is going to play out? Not me, and not anyone else either. Not even Whaley. That said, the OL still needs to be bolstered.

I want what I consider to be the Bills biggest weakness to be addressed. That's OL. And I really don't think the RT is the only position to keep an eye on. If Wood gets injured, we are in trouble. If Glenn goes down we are in trouble. If a WR goes down there are plenty of options still available. On OL that's entirely different story.

This team has some dynamic players on offense now, but they are not getting it done on their own. They need a supporting cast. Woods appears to be very good and SJ is still pretty good. CJ and Fred are excellent backs and Chandler is not to shabby. This team has weapons but a lot of them are staying in to block instead of getting the ball in their hands where they can do the most to help.

Our offensive line got run over too much last year and that's with all of the best linemen on the field. I see maybe 2 OLmen coming out of this draft and I really hope one of them is good enough to turn things around.

See what ya started? Now I'm getting long winded. I'm outta here, for now.

:lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KoBills. I really like the way you present your view, even though it is sort of long winded. I agree, that all of the armchair general managers have their own ideas about what the greatest need is and how to approach this years draft. It seems there are a lot more people who think WR is the greatest weakness. I am not so sure of this. Another thing that kind of gnaws at me here is how quickly we forget about the problems an offense has with a weak OL.

It seems people want the sexy pick. The big fast aggressive WR is that pick. An offensive lineman is hardly sexy. They rarely get props for doing a great job, but a WR is the star that people see.

Successful teams build dominant lines. We have the dominant defensive front with the possible exception of another big DE. The OL has a lot of problems and a lot of potential problems. If just one of our 2 best linemen go down to injury we are big trouble. Who is going to back them up? I see the OL as an area that needs extra attention. WR, not so much.

Now as for how we do that. You are absolutely right about one thing. You are very much limited by what falls to you during the draft. If the 2 top OLmen are gone at 9. You may be better served going with another position. Who knows how that is going to play out? Not me, and not anyone else either. Not even Whaley. That said, the OL still needs to be bolstered.

I want what I consider to be the Bills biggest weakness to be addressed. That's OL. And I really don't think the RT is the only position to keep an eye on. If Wood gets injured, we are in trouble. If Glenn goes down we are in trouble. If a WR goes down there are plenty of options still available. On OL that's entirely different story.

This team has some dynamic players on offense now, but they are not getting it done on their own. They need a supporting cast. Woods appears to be very good and SJ is still pretty good. CJ and Fred are excellent backs and Chandler is not to shabby. This team has weapons but a lot of them are staying in to block instead of getting the ball in their hands where they can do the most to help.

Our offensive line got run over too much last year and that's with all of the best linemen on the field. I see maybe 2 OLmen coming out of this draft and I really hope one of them is good enough to turn things around.

See what ya started? Now I'm getting long winded. I'm outta here, for now.

I pretty much agree with these sentiments. I've always been a staunch supporter for using first day picks(1st & 2nd now) on big men. 300+ LB, 6'5" big men that have the speed & agility of top shelf NFL linemen don't grown on trees. I absolutely loved the Dareus pick which has begun to pay dividends; he is going to be a force to be reckoned with playing next to Kyle Williams and Mario Williams. You build a successful NFL franchise from the trenches out- just wait and see the dramatic improvement of our LB corp with the addition of Spikes & Rivers playing behind our 3 pro-bowlers up front.

I would absolutely love getting Robinson or Matthews to bookend Glenn for the next decade. Problem is, both of those players will be long gone by the time the Bills come on the clock at 9. My biggest draft peeve is "reaching" in the 1st round, let alone the top 10. Your 1st round pick needs to be the BPA that can come in, start, and become a pro-bowl caliber player.

Totally agree that the offensive line needs an upgrading. Williams was their FA improvement at LG. RT comes in the top 3 of needs entering the draft. I am just totally against reaching for one in the top 10. A player like Cordy Glenn was waiting for us in the 2nd & from what I gather, this draft is even deeper. I fully trust Whaley & his scouts can find another Glenn in the 2nd or 3rd.

When everything is said and done (barring some type of crazy draft day scenario- Mack or Clowney drop to 9), TE, WR, and OT need to be addressed in the top 3 rounds... doesn't have to be in that order.

They made the investment in Manuel and now is the time to get him some tools. He already has the best backfield in the AFC. We need to get him a legit, big bodied WR with a huge catch radius as a safety valve. His accuracy has been less then stellar so having some with a large catch radius is a must.

I just feel like a TE will see a lot more action this season then a WR will. Pair him up with Chandler to gives us one of the best 1-2 punches at TE. I'm not sure if they will even be able to trade down with Ebron because he is going be one hot commodity.

I see the Bills biggest needs (in no particular order) as RT, LG, TE, ILB, S. Upgrades at outside WR, C, a second S and CB depth wouldn't hurt either. I'd like a developmental QB as well. All of that won't be addressed in this draft (obviously), but much is attainable I think. Outside of questions at QB none of the needs are the most difficult to fill. WR is the most difficult/costly, but it is deep in this draft.

I think that looking for playmakers is always important. (No news flash there.) In addition I'd like this draft's focus to be on shoring up the two weakest parts of the team - the offensive line and the middle of the defense. We've got a great player in Dareus and another potential one in Kiko, but the safeties are a liability as is the other ILB spot. Pick 9 should be dictated by talent. That might fit with the above and it might not, but I expect to see a lot of attention to those areas.

IMO Ebron is going to be a superstar NFL player and if he's picked by the Bills at #9, his presence is the final piece this team needs to get into the playoffs (and possibly a division title as long as Manuel stays healthy). I also feel that Ebron is far more mentally ready to perform in his rookie season than Evans would be. There's no excuses for the Bills not winning if he's the pick.

As for Evans, I'm not trying to be mean but IMO he might be one of the most over rated players in this draft (if you don't count the QBs which are a total crapshoot). I go back and watch his tape often and I just don't see an NFL WR, I see an NFL TE. IMO I think he's eventually going to be moved to that spot in the NFL and so that coming two year transition period makes #9 overall a non-starter if I were the Bills' GM. He does have fantastic long ball catching skills, but I think he needs to work on too many things overall to ever become a team's game in-game out #1 WR receiving threat. If the Bills pick him then they can have the excuse that he was a player who wasn't fully ready and who needed a full year to find his way into the roll of a #1 WR.

As for OL, I wouldn't pick one in the first round even if Matthews was still there. That's because I rank Ebron higher than him. I would go RT in the second round with a prospect like Tiny Richardson.

Edited by 1billsfan

I feel that, due to the inability to truly pinpoint what teams will do ahead of us, even now that FA has kind of slowed down, makes it' pretty impossible to tell what the Bills will actually take with the 9th spot.

To get this point out of the way, my thoughts on Ebron are this. The guy is a beast, and I am a lot higher on him now than i was a few weeks ago. However, i still remain firmly entrenched that is he is not a #9 pick. I just don't think the Bills need him that high, although if we were to trade back to say, idk anywhere down to 16th, I'd be fine taking him out of the top 10.

Trading down is something a lot of ppl on this board have been talking about, and with this draft it makes a lot of sense, but it happening is another story. With that in mind, our draft really should be focused on the Offence. RT/LG/TE/ and while we all love F.Jax and CJ, a RB in the mid to late rounds would probably be a wise investment. It's been stated several times, and it should be noted again, Our O-Line was decent last year, but our biggest problem with it, outside of it's inability to hold for 1 more second, has got to be it's inefficiency in the run game.

We have 2 great Rb's and we used them a TON last year, and actually i think we had the most running plays ( can't remember if this is true), but we did not have the best of success. We did well but were not overly amazing. Shoring up the O-line would be a great step, also makes sense financially since these players can be locked up for 4-5 years, are young and would most likely be immediate upgrades to our team.

In terms of our D. We saw what a real D-Coordinator could do with our talent last year. We have a new one, with a different philosophy, and still have a glaring need at LB ( i'm not the biggest fan of Spikes and we still don't have a true Strong Side LB). Our Corners might be pretty set. Our safety position though, that is up in the air at this point. Would you guys really be upset if we nabbed HaHa Clinton Dix with a first round pick? Also it's remains unknown what we would really need to have the D run smoothly with yet another new D for the team to learn.

The ideal draft? We trade down, and preferably stay ahead of the Jets/Phins because they need what we need in many ways, only exception being someone giving us the farm for our pick. Trying to think of teams that we could get some picks from that are far back and really all I can think of is maybe San Fran looking to add some fresh blood to the D or maybe trying to get another Weapon for Kap to throw too. Hell.... maybe they want to grab Ebron and use the 2 TE model that the Pats abused.So we trade down, what are we looking for:

Positions by round, with no emphisis on which one would be needed more, draft any of the positions noted would be fine with me as long as the player is ranked well, IE no more Goodwins and Grahams.

1) S / WR / TE / RT / LG

2) WR / RT / LG

2) TE / LG / RT / WR

3) LG / RT / WR / S / TE / RB

4) LG / RT / S / LB / RB / CB

5) LG / RT / S / LB / RB / CB

6) S / LB / RB / CB

7) S / LB / RB / CB

My upfront apologies for the length of this post...I got carried away... :lol:

I don't question whatsoever that the Bills need to get better on the O-line, especially at RT...

But the Draft is a process, every Draft is different, and there are more ways than one to address needs...

To me it all comes down to who is still available at #9...If you tell me Matthews or Robinson will be available then I have no problem with the Bills Drafting either...They are both elite OT prospects who would likely have gone #1 overall in 2013...But...For the sake of this argument, and likely reality, I'm assuming both will be gone...That leaves Taylor Lewan and Zach Martin as potential OT picks at #9 overall...Lewan is a physical beast with big upside and questionable character...I'm a Michigan fan...Watched the kid for his whole College career...I think his upside is basically a slightly more physical Nate Solder...And that's a good thing...The problem is the off field stuff with Lewan...It's not your normal "College kid has too much to drink and messes up..." stuff...It's a bit more complicated, and it gives me a bad feeling about the kid, even being a Michigan fan...Martin is a good prospect but I don't think he's #9 overall material...He's probably going to be a very good OG in the NFL...I don't think he has the length to play OT in the league long-term...

Which brings us to Evans...I think there is a ton of amateur over-scouting going on here...The same kind of over-scouting that made Alshon Jeffery a 2nd round pick despite some pretty serious evidence that he was a very special talent...

This a couple years ago concerning Jeffery...

"Route running: If there is an area of concern for scouts, this would be it. Many of Jeffery's routes in South Carolina's offense are relatively simple quick screens, slants, crossers and fades. He does not possess the elite speed, which may allow NFL cornerbacks to squat on underneath routes. He runs with good balance and is a developing route-runner, but isn't always capable of shaking off cornerbacks to gain real separation due to the fact that he lacks true explosiveness out of his cuts. When he is asked to run double moves, Jeffery often rounds off his cuts, gaining freedom more due to a series of shoulder fakes and adjusting his speeds, rather than exploding out of his breaks."

"His performance in lateral agility drills was only average and not smooth. "

"Jeffery is an elite jump-ball prospect, but he does not stand out as fast on tape and is such a long strider that at times he looks to be moving in slow motion. Speed will never be his game, but he needs to become more comfortable in his routes to work the corner and truly gain separation. The development of his route-running skills will be the key to his success. Jeffery was bit uncoordinated early in his career and only began to look comfortable in his body toward the end of his collegiate career..."

"NFL teams are wondering what his playing weight will be and whether he will have the speed to get open against NFL defensive backs."

"Jeffery lacks quick-cutting ability, and he spent much of 2011 failing to get separation from defensive backs because he couldn't make tight cuts on his short routes. "

Now...Here's a comment by Matt Waldman who truly understood Jeffery and his potential...The same-type potential I see in Evans..."How did I grade out Alshon Jeffery in the 2012 NFL Draft? A potential cross between Michael Irvin and Chris Carter if Jeffery demonstrates he wants to work like a Pro..." And that's how I see Evans...If he works at his craft and gets the necessary coaching you're looking at a player who will have an AJ Green/Brandon Marshall type of impact as a Pro...The sky is the limit...None of these kids are 100% sure things...Scouts drool over Clowney who has the physical skills of freaking Zeus, but I watched a TON of SC games over the years and the kid could do a major disappearing act when he was not "on..." There are questions with the absolute best prospects...Nothing is guaranteed...At the end of the day it's always a leap of faith...I bold the word potential for a reason...Because that's what you're Drafting in any kid...Not a single one has played a down in the NFL...Not a single one has been through an NFL camp, and not a single one has had NFL coaching in the actual NFL when it is their job 24/7...I believe, if he's still there at #9, Evans will be the BPA because his potential is off the charts...His production in two SEC years was silly...And he has not come close to being a polished WR yet...

So...to that point...I don't believe there will be a WR at #41 that has anything near Evans potential...I do believe that there will be a RT prospect at #41, or maybe even #73, that can come in and play fairly quickly and have a similar impact to Lewan (without the off field stuff), and Martin...It's just the way I see this particular Draft, and Evans...I have no idea how Whaley and company will see it though...And no question Evans could end up in the wrong system, or not have the proper attitude to excel in the NFL...It happens...If they take Lewan at #9 then so be it...Things could be worse no question...But I think when it's all said and done passing on Mike Evans will be a mistake...We'll see though... B-)

I am in agreement that all draftees have some questions, but some have fewer questions than others.

I will grant that Evans sure looks like he has limitless potential - great size, great leaping ability, good speed, good hands... However, we don't know if he can really get open in a normal offense. Many (most?) of his catches came after "Johnny Football" scrambled around like Fran Tarkenton for 10 minutes and DBs lost track of Evans. Can't count on that in the NFL and I am not totally convinced that you can just throw it up to him and expect him to out-battle the DB when he is covered. Does he look like he could do that? - Yes.

Meanwhile, I am not seeing all of these great starting RT candidates that will be available in round 2 - 4. Maybe they CAN find a good prospect to come in and play RT in the next 1-2 years that will be better than Eric Pears, but I don't know who those prospects are. Is it Morgan Moses, Antonio Richardson, ????

I am pretty sure, though that most of the top WR prospects will be gone by the Bills' pick in round 2, so I am not sure what they should do....

If you were picking a team from a scratch, even on the playground, the 1st thing you want on your team is elite playmakers, skill positions. The Bills have no elite skill position players. Sure they have some decent players, but we have no elite WR, QB, RB.

The team is going with EJ next year, while out RB's are not elite, they are pretty damn good. Not true about the wide receivers, I am all for trying to go for the elite receiver and a better than average RT in round 2.

Without question it depends on how the board falls with BPA, but all things equal try to upgrade the skill position (WR) at the expense of the elite RT.

If you were picking a team from a scratch, even on the playground, the 1st thing you want on your team is elite playmakers, skill positions. The Bills have no elite skill position players. Sure they have some decent players, but we have no elite WR, QB, RB.

The team is going with EJ next year, while out RB's are not elite, they are pretty damn good. Not true about the wide receivers, I am all for trying to go for the elite receiver and a better than average RT in round 2.

Without question it depends on how the board falls with BPA, but all things equal try to upgrade the skill position (WR) at the expense of the elite RT.

I think I might be able to make the counter argument (not to say that it is the only way to go).

For years the Patriots have been competing at the highest level in spite of rarely having "play maker" WRs. Their formula seems to be to give Tom Brady excellent protection and then he can work with average receivers. No doubt that Gronkowski and his other TE (name escapes me, but the one in jail) were play makers, but they haven't been there the whole time that the Pats have been outstanding. I don't have stats to point to, but whenever I see the Pats, Brady seems to have all day to pass (perhaps because the OL is very good and partly because Brady does a very good job of getting the ball out before pressure gets to him)

Edited by OldTimer1960

Clowney

Robertson

Mack

Watkins

Mathews

Donald

Lewan

That is my Bills draft board in order. Notice no Ebron or Adams. At least two QBs will be drafted before us, and possibly(hopefully) 4. That is my board and I am sticking with it. I would run up to the podium with the highest rated player on my board at pick 9

Clowney

Robertson

Mack

Watkins

Mathews

Donald

Lewan

That is my Bills draft board in order. Notice no Ebron or Adams. At least two QBs will be drafted before us, and possibly(hopefully) 4. That is my board and I am sticking with it. I would run up to the podium with the highest rated player on my board at pick 9

Well...Just don't wear any Buckeye gear while running up there unless you want to get punched by Lewan on the way... :lol:

Sorry I could not resist... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Clowney

Robertson

Mack

Watkins

Mathews

Donald

Lewan

Robertson? Guarantee you'll be selecting him, whoever he is, :rolleyes:

You should go to 9 anyway, just in case. Not to mention a trade down.

Robertson? Guarantee you'll be selecting him, whoever he is, :rolleyes:

You should go to 9 anyway, just in case. Not to mention a trade down.

Robinson. Oops. I am always open for a trade down too

Well...Just don't wear any Buckeye gear while running up there unless you want to get punched by Lewan on the way... :lol:

Sorry I could not resist... B-)

I like his aggresiveness. No finesse lineman on the Bills!

My upfront apologies for the length of this post...I got carried away... :lol:

I don't question whatsoever that the Bills need to get better on the O-line, especially at RT...

But the Draft is a process, every Draft is different, and there are more ways than one to address needs...

To me it all comes down to who is still available at #9...If you tell me Matthews or Robinson will be available then I have no problem with the Bills Drafting either...They are both elite OT prospects who would likely have gone #1 overall in 2013...But...For the sake of this argument, and likely reality, I'm assuming both will be gone...That leaves Taylor Lewan and Zach Martin as potential OT picks at #9 overall...Lewan is a physical beast with big upside and questionable character...I'm a Michigan fan...Watched the kid for his whole College career...I think his upside is basically a slightly more physical Nate Solder...And that's a good thing...The problem is the off field stuff with Lewan...It's not your normal "College kid has too much to drink and messes up..." stuff...It's a bit more complicated, and it gives me a bad feeling about the kid, even being a Michigan fan...Martin is a good prospect but I don't think he's #9 overall material...He's probably going to be a very good OG in the NFL...I don't think he has the length to play OT in the league long-term...

Which brings us to Evans...I think there is a ton of amateur over-scouting going on here...The same kind of over-scouting that made Alshon Jeffery a 2nd round pick despite some pretty serious evidence that he was a very special talent...

This a couple years ago concerning Jeffery...

"Route running: If there is an area of concern for scouts, this would be it. Many of Jeffery's routes in South Carolina's offense are relatively simple quick screens, slants, crossers and fades. He does not possess the elite speed, which may allow NFL cornerbacks to squat on underneath routes. He runs with good balance and is a developing route-runner, but isn't always capable of shaking off cornerbacks to gain real separation due to the fact that he lacks true explosiveness out of his cuts. When he is asked to run double moves, Jeffery often rounds off his cuts, gaining freedom more due to a series of shoulder fakes and adjusting his speeds, rather than exploding out of his breaks."

"His performance in lateral agility drills was only average and not smooth. "

"Jeffery is an elite jump-ball prospect, but he does not stand out as fast on tape and is such a long strider that at times he looks to be moving in slow motion. Speed will never be his game, but he needs to become more comfortable in his routes to work the corner and truly gain separation. The development of his route-running skills will be the key to his success. Jeffery was bit uncoordinated early in his career and only began to look comfortable in his body toward the end of his collegiate career..."

"NFL teams are wondering what his playing weight will be and whether he will have the speed to get open against NFL defensive backs."

"Jeffery lacks quick-cutting ability, and he spent much of 2011 failing to get separation from defensive backs because he couldn't make tight cuts on his short routes. "

Now...Here's a comment by Matt Waldman who truly understood Jeffery and his potential...The same-type potential I see in Evans..."How did I grade out Alshon Jeffery in the 2012 NFL Draft? A potential cross between Michael Irvin and Chris Carter if Jeffery demonstrates he wants to work like a Pro..." And that's how I see Evans...If he works at his craft and gets the necessary coaching you're looking at a player who will have an AJ Green/Brandon Marshall type of impact as a Pro...The sky is the limit...None of these kids are 100% sure things...Scouts drool over Clowney who has the physical skills of freaking Zeus, but I watched a TON of SC games over the years and the kid could do a major disappearing act when he was not "on..." There are questions with the absolute best prospects...Nothing is guaranteed...At the end of the day it's always a leap of faith...I bold the word potential for a reason...Because that's what you're Drafting in any kid...Not a single one has played a down in the NFL...Not a single one has been through an NFL camp, and not a single one has had NFL coaching in the actual NFL when it is their job 24/7...I believe, if he's still there at #9, Evans will be the BPA because his potential is off the charts...His production in two SEC years was silly...And he has not come close to being a polished WR yet...

So...to that point...I don't believe there will be a WR at #41 that has anything near Evans potential...I do believe that there will be a RT prospect at #41, or maybe even #73, that can come in and play fairly quickly and have a similar impact to Lewan (without the off field stuff), and Martin...It's just the way I see this particular Draft, and Evans...I have no idea how Whaley and company will see it though...And no question Evans could end up in the wrong system, or not have the proper attitude to excel in the NFL...It happens...If they take Lewan at #9 then so be it...Things could be worse no question...But I think when it's all said and done passing on Mike Evans will be a mistake...We'll see though... B-)

This description of Alshon Jeffrey is similar to NFLDraftScout description of Jordan Matthews. They also compare Anthony Barr to Demarcus Ware and Khalil Mack to Robert Quinn. Which player would you want added to the Bills roster, Demarcus Ware or Robert Quinn?

This description of Alshon Jeffrey is similar to NFLDraftScout description of Jordan Matthews. They also compare Anthony Barr to Demarcus Ware and Khalil Mack to Robert Quinn. Which player would you want added to the Bills roster, Demarcus Ware or Robert Quinn?

Quinn...He's much younger...

But I'm not following what that has to do with Jeffery and Evans?...

I think I might be able to make the counter argument (not to say that it is the only way to go).

For years the Patriots have been competing at the highest level in spite of rarely having "play maker" WRs. Their formula seems to be to give Tom Brady excellent protection and then he can work with average receivers. No doubt that Gronkowski and his other TE (name escapes me, but the one in jail) were play makers, but they haven't been there the whole time that the Pats have been outstanding. I don't have stats to point to, but whenever I see the Pats, Brady seems to have all day to pass (perhaps because the OL is very good and partly because Brady does a very good job of getting the ball out before pressure gets to him)

While you have a valid point. What the Bills don't have is Brady and that makes a whole different argument. My point was we have none, zero, elite players at any of the skill positions. I mentioned the 3 big ones QB WR. RB in my original post. If we did indeed have one or two it's a whole different situation than what we have today and I would not feel the same way about an OT as I do today.

There just are not a lot of competitive teams with no elite players at the skill positions. I guess that was the basis of my thought process.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Clowney

Robertson

Mack

Watkins

Mathews

Donald

Lewan

I would love that. Do you think that Lewan will still be available in the 7th round?

What I hate most about watching the Bills, is we have a 3rd and 2 and we have to get cute to try and get the first down. I want a smash mouth line that can run over an 8 man front when we need two yards. Right now if you know we are going to run we get stopped. The only cure for that is a better line. See the last few Super Bowls the defense that that does not allow the QB time gets beat. Give me a line that can protect and run over a defense is what I would like to see. Brady has not beaten us with the pass, they have pushed our 3 pro bowl linemen all over the place and made a journeyman rb that they cut a hero. It is the line doing that, not the QB or the fancy RB. Lineman at 9 or trade down, We already have a big receiver in Early with more speed than Evans on the Roster now, what good has it done us? The Clemson WR who is 6'5 and runs 4.5 faster than evens will be there round 3. Thats where we pick our WR anyways!

Line first! Line First! Line First!

I'm saying that you can get Jordan Matthews, who compares to Jeffery, later in the draft. The Bills can go somewhere else at 9 like Mack or Barr.

Just my opinion...But I pretty much want nothing to do with Defense at the top of this Draft...

Mack will be gone at #9 anyway...If he's there at #9 I'm OK with the Bills taking him even though I don't think there is a need on this team for an OLB (Rivers, Lawson, Alonso, and Bradham already)...Barr is also an OLB...He's not a DE...I think Barr is a great fit for a 3-4 OLB...Not as much for a 4-3...If the Bills go Defense at #9 I would prefer Aaron Donald...But again I'd rather see an Offensive player with that pick...

I like Jordan Matthews...A lot...Not as much as Evans...But I like him a lot...I've thought for a while now that Matthews is going to sneak his way into the bottom of the 1st round somehow...But if the Bills came out of the 1st two rounds with Ebron and Matthews I would be thrilled...Personally I think Matthews is more Reggie Wayne than he is Alshon Jeffery...But who cares? He's good... B-)

The only way we are going to be able to beat Tom Brady is with a GREAT defense. We need to be able to get/keep Brady off the field. We need to keep pressure on him with consistent pass rush. The 90 Bills were able to beat the Marinos, Elways, Bledsoes with their defense and superior pass rush with Bruce, Biscuit, Paup and others. Barr, Mack and players like Dee Ford, Kony Ealy are types of guys that can apply such pressure to opposing QBs. Those OLBs you listed above are either getting long in the tooth or have contracts that will be ending soon. Yes you do need an offense to put points on the board, but you need a defense to suppress the other team.