Bills Pre-Draft Visits

iommi

So based on the last few weeks of visits, it is evident where the Bills' drafting priorities are: WR/TE, OL, LB and RB.

I am fully on board with prioritizing these positions this year.

Let's not forget CB. They've had their share of them visit too.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget CB. They've had their share of them visit too.

Speaking of CBs who visited, Bradley Roby arrested Sunday for DUI.I think CPD is going to dismiss it though, Lawyer is giving different story than police. Court date tomorrow. Edited by YoloinOhio

So based on the last few weeks of visits, it is evident where the Bills' drafting priorities are: WR/TE, OL, LB and RB.

I am fully on board with prioritizing these positions this year.

don't forget safety and cb

Yes I missed those. I just got the impression (did not actually count) that the above were positions of most interest. I hope we dont draft a DB or RB with our first pick.

As for RB, I don't think the BILLS / Whaley would make that mistake again....but for DB, it is interesting that many of the visitors to OBD have been CB, indicating that position seems to intrigue them, sort of like last year when they had a bunch of QBs in for a visit....personally, if the BILLS were to trade down into the 20's, I think it's a real possibility and I think that's why they're having all the borderline 1st / 2nd round CBs visit....just a hunch / guess....but, I'm still holding to my theory that the BILLS trade with St. Louis from the 9 spot to the 13 spot and Draft Moseley....pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd...

Have we hosted a single QB, during these pre-draft visits?

No... also no Mack or Clowney. Mack does not count as one of the 30 though, that is only for non-local players.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia · 24m

#Bills GM Doug Whaley says Cyrus Kouandjio will likely be the final pre-draft visit. He was number 29 of 30

So we are just leaving one spot open? Seems kinda...weird. Heck, if they want to wine and dine me I'll be #30.

Mighty Taco or Duff's? They don't take #30 to Tempo...

Will Bills pre-draft visitors turn into draft choices?

The pre-draft visit season has reached its conclusion. The league deadline for NFL clubs to host a draft prospect is Sunday April 27. Buffalo made use of 29 of their available 30 pre-draft visits hosting prospects at a host of different positions. Do the players who visited automatically become more likely draft choices for the Bills come the second weekend in May?

Over the last four drafts the Bills have had 117 pre-draft visitors. A total of 10 have been drafted by Buffalo for a mark eight and a half percent. Perhaps what’s more impressive is all of Buffalo’s last four first-round draft choices from 2010 to 2013 were pre-draft visitors at One Bills Drive.

Bills 2014 pre-draft visitors

Photos of pre-draft visitors to One Bills Drive. (Not pictured: RB Terrance Cobb, Cumberlands (KY) and OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, McGill)
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The percentage of players that visited and were drafted of the total number of visited players is a meaningless stat.

The percentage of players that visited and were drafted to total number of draft picks is a better measurement.

Which would be 10 of 30 over the last 4 years or 33%. Also 4/4 for 1st round picks and judging by the list of visitors 5/5 after the 2014 draft.

I wonder if they only had 29/30 visitors because Khalil Mack is in their backyard and they didn't want to risk any tampering claims if somehow he fell to #9 or they traded for him? I don't think Mack was an official visit but his pro day was at OBD.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The percentage of players that visited and were drafted of the total number of visited players is a meaningless stat.

The percentage of players that visited and were drafted to total number of draft picks is a better measurement.

Which would be 10 of 30 over the last 4 years or 33%. Also 4/4 for 1st round picks and judging by the list of visitors 5/5 after the 2014 draft.

I wonder if they only had 29/30 visitors because Khalil Mack is in their backyard and they didn't want to risk any tampering claims if somehow he fell to #9 or they traded for him? I don't think Mack was an official visit but his pro day was at OBD.

From what I understand, regardless of whether they used Mack's pro day as a visit, he does not count toward the 30 because that just pertains to the maximum visits for "non-local" players.