iommi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/d...rown?id=2543814

Rounds 3-4

BOTTOM LINE

Aggressive, high-collision 'Mike' linebacker best paired with a demanding position coach who will extract the most from him.

From what I've seen of him, he's in the same mold as Brandon Spikes. High intensity run stuffer who struggles in coverage. Spikes is far more athletic though so Brown would be strictly ILB depth (which isn't a bad thing, our ILB depth is horrible).

From what I've seen of him, he's in the same mold as Brandon Spikes. High intensity run stuffer who struggles in coverage. Spikes is far more athletic though so Brown would be strictly ILB depth (which isn't a bad thing, our ILB depth is horrible).

Considering Spikes is on a 1-year deal, be could certainly rise to a starter as soon as next year. Intriguing.

Per Bills app, LB Preston Brown is at OBD along with Jake Matthews today.

I find it funny/interesting that the Bills editorial team put the word "elite" in front of Jake Matthews in their website write-up/Facebook post. Like they need to do everything they can to sell us on the idea of drafting a RT at 9.

I find it funny/interesting that the Bills editorial team put the word "elite" in front of Jake Matthews in their website write-up/Facebook post. Like they need to do everything they can to sell us on the idea of drafting a RT at 9.

I don't think they need to sell anything. If they have the opportunity to draft Matthews at 9, I think it would be a steal and he would be BPA. In every big board I have seen, he is in the top 5 of best players in the draft. I don't know what the Bills big board looks like, but would be shocked if he was not just as high. If he is there at 9, it would be a great day. JMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think they need to sell anything. If they have the opportunity to draft Matthews at 9, I think it would be a steal and he would be BPA. In every big board I have seen, he is in the top 5 of best players in the draft. I don't know what the Bills big board looks like, but would be shocked if he was not just as high. If he is there at 9, it would be a great day. JMO.

I agree with you, but the lay fan doesn't find OT sexy- hence the word elite. They didn't call Ebron elite when he visited.

I agree with you, but the lay fan doesn't find OT sexy- hence the word elite. They didn't call Ebron elite when he visited.

Yeah I thought it was funny they inserted the word in there too because regardless of where he is ranked, it is still an opinion and subjective.

this guy seems fairly interesting. seems to have that whole "bowling ball" thing going for him. low center of gravity, good timed speed and with that kind of weight behind him he should have a fair amount of power. get him into the second and third level and he could punish some DBs and maybe even some LBs.

For a bowling ball, he's easy to trip up, that's the only thing. Could work on it. He's also got a little SpillerWiggle in him--for a guy of his weight, he should just be plowing forward. That's why I like Andre Williams more. But West would be available later.

Jake Matthews just arrived.

link?

the pitch:

'we want e.j. to have 4 seconds to throw the ball, and be better than 20th in rushing yards per attempt considering we have a young qb and the best 1-2 rb punch in the league rignt now'

the pitch:

'we want e.j. to have 4 seconds to throw the ball, and be better than 20th in rushing yards per attempt considering we have a young qb and the best 1-2 rb punch in the league rignt now'

well, that actually makes a lot of sense. more time to throw plus bigger holes to run through should equal better overall offensive performance.

For a bowling ball, he's easy to trip up, that's the only thing. Could work on it. He's also got a little SpillerWiggle in him--for a guy of his weight, he should just be plowing forward. That's why I like Andre Williams more. But West would be available later.

link?

My own two eyes. I saw him at work

I really like Jeremiah's take as he is an actual former NFL scout... interesting on Hill since the Bills had him in. I'm a little surprised with all of his character concerns that teams like him more than Hyde but maybe that will help Hyde fall. Also wonder how much the Bills like Hill. I think it is very likely they could take an RB as high as the 3rd with their top 2 RBs maybe gone next year.

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks 8h

I really like Carlos Hyde but most teams I talk to prefer Jeremy Hill.

Anyone excited about Odell Beckham?

He isnt that big for a WR

CBF

Yes, I'm excited. True he is not that tall, if he was just a little taller, he'd be a Top 20 pick.

His experience and production at Louisiana State can not be denied.

He is an absolute stud. However, I think he is similar to Woods and will go in the late 1st to early 2nd round. I doubt the Bills take him that high, but I love him.

I agree. He is very similar to Robert Woods, and that's a good thing. If he is there at pick 41, I would take him.

This is why I would want the Bills to trade down. There will be so much value in the 2nd round for the Bills to choose from that would help the team out a lot.

If Eric Ebron or Mike Evans are our best options at pick 9, I trade down.