What I would like to see the Bills do now

Free agency...nothing. I say we are done unless something really weird happens.

Draft: Here is where many will disagree and I understand. I trade DOWN. I don't care who is there unless Clowney for some reason drops due to some report of him smoking weed ala. Warren Sapp. I want to see OT, TE, then...Running back taken.

Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot did you say Kelly? Look there is no way around it, the top teams that WIN SUPERBOWLS Run the damn ball. CJ is a tweener. He reminds me of Percy Harvin and that is how he should be used. 3rd down threat, put him in the slot on 3 wide downs and make him return kicks. And YES I am willing to part with him in this VERY deep draft if the compensation is right. He has proven he can't stay healthy to be a full time back, he can't read defenses very well and can't block. Everyone is in love with the 'What if's ' when it comes to him and the occasional long run, but we need much more than that at the RB position.

I want to see a little more of a threat at TE, I want to see RT shored up and I want to see a FB back there along with a RB that can carry the rock 25x per game if need be. Dixon was a blessing IMHO that dropped in our laps, but I am not sure he is that full time back or not. I want to see us pound the ball, and go play action to Woods/ Our new TE And whomever else is at WR.

We are shoring up the D (still need a run stuffing DT imho) but the rest is starting to come along and our new DT was a great DT before going to the Lions. DT is his calling. If we can pound the ball, go play action this team could in fact go from 6-10 to 10-6 THIS year depending on injuries.

Flame away.

Oh and if we trade down or get and extra pick in a trade, address tall WR as well

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely with you on the trading down idea again for this draft. I put my trust in Whaley and co. for having IMO an outstanding free agency and great draft last year added with an unexpected and very pleasant free agency this year. Which is why they have my trust going into the draft this year.

I'm a little on the fence about parting ways with Spiller though. I say on the fence cuz I really do understand both sides (reasons to keep him and reasons to part ways). So with that said, unless we can trade him for a player of equal value, I say we keep him.

The draft should be a majority of offensive players being picked if you ask me. If we trade down and end up having 8 picks, I say 5 of them should be offense and 3 defense. If we have 7 picks, 4 should be offense and 3 defense.

With all this tackle talk in the first round, so if you were the coach you'd be fine with telling Mathews that we've drafted him to play RT?? Doubt he'd be too happy, well guess he'd be fine with it as long as the Bill's are willing to pay him LT money to play RT, but not so sure that would happen.

Or someone could suggest moving Glenn to RT, and he doesn't like that too bad. And that will work just fine..... until Glenns contract runs out and he bolts for some team that's seen enough of him the the first two years to pay him LT money to play LT.

Then we can have another 50 page thread here about how the Bill's let their stars walk.

I disagree, I think in the 3rd we should be looking for a MLB in case Spikes doesn't resign or a QB in case EJ flops. That way if EJ is a bust, we have a potential starter who has already been in the system for a year.

With all this tackle talk in the first round, so if you were the coach you'd be fine with telling Mathews that we've drafted him to play RT?? Doubt he'd be too happy, well guess he'd be fine with it as long as the Bill's are willing to pay him LT money to play RT, but not so sure that would happen.

Or someone could suggest moving Glenn to RT, and he doesn't like that too bad. And that will work just fine..... until Glenns contract runs out and he bolts for some team that's seen enough of him the the first two years to pay him LT money to play LT.

Then we can have another 50 page thread here about how the Bill's let their stars walk.

It's a non-issue for an incoming player. All 3 OTs drafted in the top 4 last year played RT without so much as a peep.

The only way it becomes an issue is the player wants to play LT after his rookie contract and someone is willing to pay him to do so; that's not a problem I'm going to worry about right now if I'm Whaley.

He's a rookie. He will play according at his rookie pay scale regardless of where he plays. Edited by Rockinon

Free agency...nothing. I say we are done unless something really weird happens.

Draft: Here is where many will disagree and I understand. I trade DOWN. I don't care who is there unless Clowney for some reason drops due to some report of him smoking weed ala. Warren Sapp. I want to see OT, TE, then...Running back taken.

Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot did you say Kelly? Look there is no way around it, the top teams that WIN SUPERBOWLS Run the damn ball. CJ is a tweener. He reminds me of Percy Harvin and that is how he should be used. 3rd down threat, put him in the slot on 3 wide downs and make him return kicks. And YES I am willing to part with him in this VERY deep draft if the compensation is right. He has proven he can't stay healthy to be a full time back, he can't read defenses very well and can't block. Everyone is in love with the 'What if's ' when it comes to him and the occasional long run, but we need much more than that at the RB position.

I want to see a little more of a threat at TE, I want to see RT shored up and I want to see a FB back there along with a RB that can carry the rock 25x per game if need be. Dixon was a blessing IMHO that dropped in our laps, but I am not sure he is that full time back or not. I want to see us pound the ball, and go play action to Woods/ Our new TE And whomever else is at WR.

We are shoring up the D (still need a run stuffing DT imho) but the rest is starting to come along and our new DT was a great DT before going to the Lions. DT is his calling. If we can pound the ball, go play action this team could in fact go from 6-10 to 10-6 THIS year depending on injuries.

Flame away.

Oh and if we trade down or get and extra pick in a trade, address tall WR as well

I like your thinking of trading down if possible with the depth in this years draft. I want to keep Spiller though and see how he performs with a nasty OL...all the dude needs is a hole and he can take it to the house. Even Marrone last year said he ought to talk with his OL...apparently they were somes issues with meltdowns at guard and RT position. Upgrade the line, see what he does, and then make a decision next year.

I have to respectfully disagree on CJ we have seen exactly what he is. We need a power back that can be a 20+ carry per game guy, but again my opinion. I still say Spiller is nothing but Percy Harvin and would thrive for us in that role. But as for as the rest, TE, OT, WR, RB, its all good and I agree Offense should be the priority in this draft initially, then fill in with D.

It's a non-issue for an incoming player. All 3 OTs drafted in the top 4 last year played RT without so much as a peep.

The only way it becomes an issue is the player wants to play LT after his rookie contract and someone is willing to pay him to do so; that's not a problem I'm going to worry about right now if I'm Whaley.

Why Not?

What do I want them to do next?

I want this franchise to work the draft. This is one of the deepest drafts in NFL history, therefore we need more picks. Unless Sammy Watkins falls to #9, try to trade back and pick up extra second and third round picks. If we could add two more picks in the top 100, and draft 4/5 rather than 3, that helps the team out more.

Work the draft.

What do I want them to do next?

I want this franchise to work the draft. This is one of the deepest drafts in NFL history, therefore we need more picks. Unless Sammy Watkins falls to #9, try to trade back and pick up extra second and third round picks. If we could add two more picks in the top 100, and draft 4/5 rather than 3, that helps the team out more.

Work the draft.

+1

I cannot see taking a RT with a top ten pick! That's just crackerdogs. We have a soon to be elite LT. Pick up a RT starter in the 2nd or 3rd round. Let's get an impact player in the first round - a big WR, TE, DE or LB. If not do as the OP suggest and try to trade down.