Jared Allen - FA - DE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's aging and wants big money. But he's averaged 14.5 sacks over 7 years and i think he's worth a shot opposite Mario. And we do have money to spend. Why not?!

There has to be mutual interest between the UFA and a perspective team. Do you honestly believe that Allen would have any such interest in the Bills?

If he was the last link needed for a big playoff run I would say Hell yeah. But we're not that team yet. Better to build with the draft or younger FA's. Pass.

You stole my quote. :-)

You hit the nail on the head. If this was the one piece that puts us in the driver's seat for the SB, he would be awesome, but we have too many needs.

I was reading the FA available list and I was thinking that for this year we could sign Kevin Williams just to rush the passer. He's 35 years old but I believe he could contribute if we keep him fresh.

If he was the last link needed for a big playoff run I would say Hell yeah. But we're not that team yet. Better to build with the draft or younger FA's. Pass.

He certainly could be. Despite the offensive woes last year, better defensive efforts could have meant playoffs. Now the question is, how much is he looking for?

I was just pulling up the board to post for us to get Allen and why. Thanks, now I can get right to the point. Here is my reasoning.

A. I don't know about you but I'm still bitter that we lost Byrd. Signing a FA DE like Allen would sure make me feel better and he would a great draw at the gate. Let's face it, this is still a business and money is the main motivator for franchises.

B. He's coming from the same division as Schwartz and I'm sure that he knows Schwartzy is all about DLs.

C. Oh, we have the money so spend it! Put the guy on a 2 year deal, making the 2nd year optional. We just signed Spikes as a rental, let these guys see what Buffalo is all about and hope that they want to play here after the first year. If not just get us to the play-offs, Denver just bought themselves a team to get to the Super Bowl again, let's do it on a smaller basis because this franchise and fan base sorely needs to see some post season!

D. It's a QB/Passing league and we all saw what the Giants did twice against the Patriots in 2 Super Bowls with a superior DL. Seattle last year just has a flat out awesome defense all the way around, so once again that the philosophy of defenses wins games is still valid.

E. Not that I'm greatly worried about our secondary but I don't want to have to rely on them. Like mentioned earlier in this thread that as hwartz runs a 4-3 and that is what Allen is, a 4-3 DE. I say crush the pocket with our beasts, let Kiko clean up underneath and take no prisoners. If they really want to help EJ then construct a defense that just doesn't allow opposing offenses to score. Draft additional weapons and protectors (OL) for Manuel. If EJ gets hurt again or can't do it then I like that Lewis, he's electric, has got a live arm and is tough as nails, he can keep this offense moving in a worse case scenario.

I could list a couple more but it's too much of a pain in the ass to do this all by an IPhone but you get the picture. Get Allen, he'll come with the right pitch and $$$.

He already has the SB ring. I am sure it is mostly $ with this last contract.

What team did he win his ring with?

He has only played for fhe Chiefs and Vikings who haven't won Super Bowl recently

Edited by Max997