ryan miller to saint louis

\GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty good trade considering you're giving up 2 older free agents to be. The key to it was the picks. Stewart is a very talented, very physical guy who isn't always motivated. When he's on he's a bear to deal with and he will protect his teammates. Hitchcock had a tough time getting him to play at a high level every night - maybe Ted Nolan has better luck.

Halak is an enigma. Feast or famine. He's had a tough time staying healthy. I don't see him sticking around.

The key piece to the deal might be Carrier. He reminds me a little of Oshie when he was in college, though he's not as good a skater.

Do the three firsts for 2015 include the Islanders? Is it assumed they're keeping this years?

Yes, its assumed they're keeping this years since its a likely top 5 lock after the Tavares injury

Sabres have 10 picks in round 1/2 in 2014 & 2015. Good way to rebuild.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them.used as currency in trades to help bring in young NHL level talent this summer.

Rumor out there that Chris Stewart is likely to be dealt to Ottawa for more picks.

For me, I appreciate Millers efforts over all these years. I will confess, after his Vezna season, I thought he had been as bad as he had been good....very up and down performances...either great, or just tough to watch. That is, until this year. He has been the lone consistent bright spot for the team in this miserable season. He wasn't as vocal and acting as frustrated as he has been in recent years (frustration has been warranted), just focused and did his job. And did it well... I will miss the guy, he always played like he cared.

Am I nuts though? I am almost as sad to see Ott go as I am Miller. He is the kind of guy the Sabres have needed for about 5 years before he got there...maybe longer. It may just be a pipe dream, but I hope the team can bring him back after the season, when he is a FA. But, maybe that is just stupid thinking? Re-build...stock up picks, get young.... I am the fool though, who is going to watch most of their games along that long rebuild...I just hope the cupboard isn't completely bare...

Rumor mill says that other teams have shown interest in Tyler Myers and Christian Erhoff... everyone assumes that Moulson is not long for Buffalo either.... this could be a radically different team (again) in 3 days.