ryan miller to saint louis

\GoBillsInDallas/

That's what I just said. Damn!!..........Something about it always seemed like it wasn't going to last. Whether it was his short stint with the Islanders, the fact that i don't get who makes hockey decisions when you have a prez and a GM, or what.

Lafontaine walked out on a job with an NHL team for the second time holding his breath and stomping his feet when things don't go his way. That's not a good look for an adult. Even if the rumors that Murray went over his head are true, that's not the way professionals act. I lost a lot of respect for him yesterday.

Edited by JM57

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a good deal IMO. Sabres are loaded up on 2nd and 3rd rounders. Get that top tier talent!

I believe the official word is that IF Buffalo gets STL's 2014 1st, they will be sending MIN's 2014 2nd (from the Pominville trade) and BUF's 2014 3rd. That's fine by me, MIN's pick will likely be in the 42-48 range. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was LA's 2014 2nd, which could be even later than MIN's pick.

Regardless, IF they get that 2014 1st from STL, Buffalo is still picking #1 or #2 with their own pick, 26-29 with the STL pick, then again at #30/31 with their own pick. That's 3 top 30 players, which is BIG in a draft that is top-heavy and falls off quickly.

And that's also assuming the Islanders defer the 1st they owe to Buffalo to 2015. 2015 is a DEEP draft, and Buffalo will have their own (top 3 likely), NYI's AND STL's 1st rounders.

I believe the official word is that IF Buffalo gets STL's 2014 1st, they will be sending MIN's 2014 2nd (from the Pominville trade) and BUF's 2014 3rd. That's fine by me, MIN's pick will likely be in the 42-48 range. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was LA's 2014 2nd, which could be even later than MIN's pick.

Regardless, IF they get that 2014 1st from STL, Buffalo is still picking #1 or #2 with their own pick, 26-29 with the STL pick, then again at #30/31 with their own pick. That's 3 top 30 players, which is BIG in a draft that is top-heavy and falls off quickly.

And that's also assuming the Islanders defer the 1st they owe to Buffalo to 2015. 2015 is a DEEP draft, and Buffalo will have their own (top 3 likely), NYI's AND STL's 1st rounders.

That is if they don't make stupid picks like the CBJ did years ago.

That is if they don't make stupid picks like the CBJ did years ago.

I have faith in Tim Murray in regards to scouting and drafting. I believe he had been in charge of the amateur side of things under his uncle for awhile in Ottawa. They drafted some really solid guys in their time there; Erik Karlsson, Jakob Silfverberg, Mika Zibanejad, for example.

One other example is that Tim Mureay supposedly was a HUGE advocate for Anaheim drafting Corey Perry back in 03 when he was just a scout. Like, concincing Brian Murray he had to draft Perry. So there is that too.

Just hit on 2/3 picks each year and you're set. That's 4 key players to add to the 3 they already have in the pipeline IMO (Girgensons, Ristolainen, Zadorov)