Marrone's address to the national media in Indy

YoloinOhio

If I was a GM, I'd just lie my face off until after the draft. Say Bortles is the next Andrew Luck. Say Connor Shaw should be a 1st rounder. Lie lie lie.

It's a gentlemen's art form. Of sorts .

These guys are playing what must be the coolest game in the world down there. I would love to be fly on the old man's , Buddy , shoulder and listen to him work his mojo .

C Biscuit i have observed a Master Liar for some years . Pretty impressive . There is more to lies than just lying . It seems .

Again Sir, denied. That Bills GM position you keep sending applications in for ? Umm No .

Regards

Ralph

The local guy here in Tallahassee (big TB fan) was discussing them taking a QB, and said he wants no QB in round 1 aside form Bridgewater. He figured it was much ado about nothing, both trying to not let Glennon get comfortable and to get teams 1-6 thinking about picking QBs early.

If those teams are afraid of others taking QBs early, they're more likely to grab one high instead of trying to trade into late round 1 or snagging one in early round 2.

While having certain concerns about his size and even though he's not a generational talent at the position, Bridgewater is the only QB in this class that is ready to step in and start. He'd be the only one that we could take where I wouldn't think a complete "reset" was necessary. And even then, I think EJ having a year of pro ball under his belt, and being in the system since last year's OTAs, is a big advantage over Bridgewater at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

I wouldn't bet on anything until the FA dust setlles. I think that will tell you what front offices around the league think of this draft class. If I remember correctly Geno Smith was a lock in the top 10 for most if not all the time running up to the draft. I won't be suprised if only one qb gets taken before us and the top 3 OT's are off the board when we pick.

Last year was different. For starters, the QB class wasn't considered strong. And a number of the teams who picked high last year were still giving their young QB's another year to show their stuff, while Alex Smith and Carson Palmer allowed their teams to look elsewhere. I'd put money on at least 3 QB's going in the top-8.

Haha i meant the local radio guy. :)

Same here.

I think it could be anywhere between 2 and 4 QBs in the top 8. Buddy was a master at playing the game in the run up to the draft, I'm sure Doug W has spoken to Buddy about the kinds of distraction messages he needs to be putting out there. I think one thing that has maybe been missed here is that there might be teams lower down the draft that want to get up for a tackle.

If for example there isn't a run on Quarterbacks through the first 8 picks and both Matthews and Robinson are off the board by the time the Bills pick (and with teams behind them knowing that the Titans at #11 and the Giants at #12 are both in the market for an offensive tackle) is there a chance that a tackle needy team (the Ravens? the Dolphins? the Benglas?) is willing to trade up with the Bills for Lewan? I know this is seen as a deep class on the O-Line but there are a few teams out there who need a left tackle and that usually induces a bit more panic than a Bills-esque situation where it's the right side that needs an upgrade.

While having certain concerns about his size and even though he's not a generational talent at the position, Bridgewater is the only QB in this class that is ready to step in and start. He'd be the only one that we could take where I wouldn't think a complete "reset" was necessary. And even then, I think EJ having a year of pro ball under his belt, and being in the system since last year's OTAs, is a big advantage over Bridgewater at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

I think he'll be broken like a toothpick. He just looks so darn thin from the waist down. Also, FWIW his hand size (look in the Combine thread) was according to Polian "very small" for a QB and more of a concern than Manziel's height.