The Ukraine is Weak

meazza

Wow, I smack you around all day long and you still talk the same nonsense that got you there?

Go ahead and apologize for your earlier transgression then we can talk Ukraine tommorow.

Keep bringing up weed as it's the only sad little bullet left in your gun. Drag it to every thread, you're good at being a 12 year old.

Might even have to throw the old ignore on you. I was holding out hope for you but it's looking like a waste of time. I know nothing of hard or illegal drugs. I've smoked pot before, big freakin deal. Grow up gramps.

Dolt city....population you.

If you watch any of the videos I have linked over the past few pages you can see what is occurring in Crimea.

What aspect of Ukraine concerns you the most ? I think it will be interesting to see what happens if Vitali Klitchko takes over soon (alleged non corrupt savior) He was kinda blindsided by the fact Yulia Timoshenkos back on the scene and could steal away his impending rise to leader of Ukraine.

Did you post some Youtube videos I missed? Show some knowledge of the situation rather than thowiing around a lot of peoples's names that don't have many vowels. Why do you persist on visiting PPP and getting your ass handed to you? Don't you remember your ignorance on the Trayvon case? If I had crawled away with my tail wiping my ass so much I'd think I should come better prepared next time I came down here. But that's the difference between us.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you post some Youtube videos I missed? Show some knowledge of the situation rather than thowiing around a lot of peoples's names that don't have many vowels. Why do you persist on visiting PPP and getting your ass handed to you? Don't you remember your ignorance on the Trayvon case? If I had crawled away with my tail wiping my ass so much I'd think I should come better prepared next time I came down here. But that's the difference between us.

Just stay down. It's already over. You sound like Charlie Browns teacher right now.

A dullard like yourself doesn't get to set the terms. Gonna save myself some time and go ahead and ignore you. I have seen enough of this 12 year old tough guy routine

Take accountability for your mistakes ...maybe one day you will grow up to be a man.

You had your chance to apologize. You chose poorly.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I for one am not willing to speak for an entire people as an outsider, I mean I'm not that much of a pretentious ass -- apparently you are and that's okay. But based on my own, everyday interactions with Russians I could not disagree more with this bit of your rant. Admittedly, I have a small window into the country, but that's a pretty bold statement.

Though, be honest, you have to admit it's kinda ironic that in an effort to illustrate how outraged you are at someone having the common sense to point out that propaganda is a powerful tool, you end up throwing back propaganda from the other side of the spectrum.

It's well done ass-hole-ery, so you should take a bow.

Except that you are talking on behalf of the people based on the limited interaction you have with some of them, but totally ignoring the long and sordid history that is Russia and its people.

I have no qualms about generalizing Russians and their culture, because in this event, the generalization is the truth.

So let's recap. You chime in with an equivocation that although Putin is a bad bad man, US can't do anything about the situation because Bush threw out any sort of international goodwill by invading Iraq. Never mind that most of the countries who would benefit from USA's resistance to Russia also participated in Iraq. Are they also siding with Putin because of the Iraq invasion? What is this public opinion that you are referring to? The entire western world's view that Putin is the aggressor? Or the Russian view that US orchestrated the Ukrainian protests?

If it's the latter, then how is it even introduced as a serious point? I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that in addition to destroying any sense of independent media, Putin threw out the foreign NGOs who were helping pro-democratic groups. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that one of the world's most dangerous professions is being an investigative reporter in Russia. Read up on Paul Klebnikov if you want more education.

Ever wonder why Putin enjoys 90% electoral victories? Do your Russian buddies explain that one? That number is statistically impossible in an open society. Do you ask them why are Russia and Belarus the only Euro former Soviets are comfortable with dictators for life governments? Can you imagine this happening in Poland, Czech. Hell, even Ukrainians got fed up with it. But go ahead and make yourself feel superior because I slammed a nation of losers and drunks who didn't appreciate the opportunity to set their own course, and are welcoming a despot back with open arms. You should also note that the only time in the last 30 years that Russians may have been moved to revolt was when Gorbachev threatened to raise vodka and cigarette prices. Even the famed miners who showed up to support Yeltsin during the failed coup were all imported from UKRAINE!!

And here's the ironic part for you, I agree that Crimea belongs more with Russia than Ukraine. And if given time, they eventually would have seceded without so much fanfare. But because Putin is who he is, he couldn't resist the opportunity to poke everyone else in the eye and reinforce the belief that USSR will be reclaimed, followed by the Warsaw Pact.

So no, I don't at all feel like an ass for exposing a nation for what they really are. They and Putin deserve one another, but because he's not content on staying within his stojanhole, he's also the world's problem.

Edited by GG

Except that you are talking on behalf of the people based on the limited interaction you have with some of them, but totally ignoring the long and sordid history that is Russia and its people.

I have no qualms about generalizing Russians and their culture, because in this event, the generalization is the truth.

So let's recap. You chime in with an equivocation that although Putin is a bad bad man, US can't do anything about the situation because Bush threw out any sort of international goodwill by invading Iraq. Never mind that most of the countries who would benefit from USA's resistance to Russia also participated in Iraq. Are they also siding with Putin because of the Iraq invasion? What is this public opinion that you are referring to? The entire western world's view that Putin is the aggressor? Or the Russian view that US orchestrated the Ukrainian protests?

If it's the latter, then how is it even introduced as a serious point? I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that in addition to destroying any sense of independent media, Putin threw out the foreign NGOs who were helping pro-democratic groups. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that one of the world's most dangerous professions is being an investigative reporter in Russia. Read up on Paul Klebnikov if you want more education.

Ever wonder why Putin enjoys 90% electoral victories? Do your Russian buddies explain that one? That number is statistically impossible in an open society. Do you ask them why are Russia and Belarus the only Euro former Soviets are comfortable with dictators for life governments? Can you imagine this happening in Poland, Czech. Hell, even Ukrainians got fed up with it. But go ahead and make yourself feel superior because I slammed a nation of losers and drunks who didn't appreciate the opportunity to set their own course, and are welcoming a despot back with open arms. You should also note that the only time in the last 30 years that Russians may have been moved to revolt was when Gorbachev threatened to raise vodka and cigarette prices. Even the famed miners who showed up to support Yeltsin during the failed coup were all imported from UKRAINE!!

And here's the ironic part for you, I agree that Crimea belongs more with Russia than Ukraine. And if given time, they eventually would have seceded without so much fanfare. But because Putin is who he is, he couldn't resist the opportunity to poke everyone else in the eye and reinforce the belief that USSR will be reclaimed, followed by the Warsaw Pact.

So no, I don't at all feel like an ass for exposing a nation for what they really are. They and Putin deserve one another, but because he's not content on staying within his stojanhole, he's also the world's problem.

Sometimes its just hard to fathom what a complete idiot you really are

Just stay down. It's already over. You sound like Charlie Browns teacher right now.

A dullard like yourself doesn't get to set the terms. Gonna save myself some time and go ahead and ignore you. I have seen enough of this 12 year old tough guy routine

Take accountability for your mistakes ...maybe one day you will grow up to be a man.

You had your chance to apologize. You chose poorly.

I must have missed my calling. To be able to teach one so ignorant as yourself the difference between you're and your is quite an accomplishment. I wonder if you will retain that knowledge?

BTW, from one of your idiotic posts:

Keep bringing up weed as it's the only sad little bullet left in your gun. Drag it to every thread, you're good at being a 12 year old.

Might even have to throw the old ignore on you. I was holding out hope for you but it's looking like a waste of time. I know nothing of hard or illegal drugs. I've smoked pot before, big freakin deal. Grow up gramps.

Which is it, a 12 year old or gramps? Maybe the drugs have so muddled your mind that you can't put a coherent thought together?

Ask your friend Germaine to help you with this conundrum.

Good at being a 12 year old is a euphemism for being juvenile or simplistic in this case.

Stop lobbing softballs. You're on ignore but they have this little view anyway option.

Don't reply as you and I have nothing to do with Ukraine. As a courtesy to all. Last item from me to you.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I am not talking on anyone's behalf. And, as I've said several times, I'm well aware of Russia's history and its people. More than you give me credit for.

But at least based on this post and your others, I know how old you are ... and that explains a lot.

So let's recap. You chime in with an equivocation that although Putin is a bad bad man, US can't do anything about the situation because Bush threw out any sort of international goodwill by invading Iraq.

Incorrect with every word in your recap. I said no such thing and in fact have refuted what you're trying to pin on me several times. If you want to rant, rant. But do not continue to misconstrue what I've said. It makes you look silly.

I am not talking on anyone's behalf. And, as I've said several times, I'm well aware of Russia's history and its people. More than you give me credit for.

But at least based on this post and your others, I know how old you are ... and that explains a lot.

Incorrect with every word in your recap. I said no such thing and in fact have refuted what you're trying to pin on me several times. If you want to rant, rant. But do not continue to misconstrue what I've said. It makes you look silly.

Then please enlighten us how we are supposed to interpret the following, if not an equivocation?

BTW what does my age have to do with historical facts?

Different levels of wrong is exactly the point. Of course there are different levels, and the US used to be able to make that distinction clearly on the world stage in times like this. But now our words are seen as hollow (whether they are or not) by the rest of world in part because of the mistakes made in the lead up to Iraqi Freedom. So, you're right that there are different levels of being wrong and Putin's invasion of the Crimea pales in comparison to ours in Iraq in terms of cause... but because we were proven to be wrong in Iraq we have lost the ability to point out said differences to Joe Schmoe European on the street.

Then please enlighten us how we are supposed to interpret the following, if not an equivocation?

Go back to the OP. Earlier in the thread the role of Bush's failed policies in the Middle East were brought up and dismissed as having no bearing on the current situation. That's false and that's the only quibble I've had in this thread. How much of a bearing it plays is completely up for debate but to pretend it doesn't exist or have an impact is dangerously ignorant. It does have an impact on our nation's ability to take the moral high ground on ANY invasion when we stood up and loudly made a case for invasion which turned out to be at best wrong and at worst fabricated. This reality, which cannot be ignored, makes it very difficult to make a non-violent, non-sanction backed plea to the people of Crimea and Ukraine (and Russia itself) about what Putin is really up to. True change can only come from within, not from the outside, and we have lost the ability to communicate our ideals as a nation without raising suspicion. Our actions in Iraq have taken away what was once a powerful tool in our geopolitical toolbox and it's being demonstrated in black and white through the propaganda wars going on in Crimea, the Ukraine, Russia and Europe proper.

That's it. Nothing deeper. You seem to be either in denial that this is a reality or dismissive of its importance. Worse, you are spinning that by pointing this out I am somehow excusing Putin or the old Soviet empire when I have said no such thing. You also are spinning that I believe public opinion is the end all be all in trump cards. It's not, and I've never said otherwise. My name may begin with a G but it doesn't end with atorman.

BTW what does my age have to do with historical facts?

It has nothing to do with facts. It has everything to do with how you interpret and analyze those facts and use them to make your case.

Edited by GreggyT

Go back to the OP. Earlier in the thread the role of Bush's failed policies in the Middle East were brought up and dismissed as having no bearing on the current situation. That's false and that's the only quibble I've had in this thread. How much of a bearing it plays is completely up for debate but to pretend it doesn't exist or have an impact is dangerously ignorant. It does have an impact on our nation's ability to take the moral high ground on ANY invasion when we stood up and loudly made a case for invasion which turned out to be at best wrong and at worst fabricated. This reality, which cannot be ignored, makes it very difficult to make a non-violent, non-sanction backed plea to the people of Crimea and Ukraine (and Russia itself) about what Putin is really up to. True change can only come from within, not from the outside, and we have lost the ability to communicate our ideals as a nation without raising suspicion. Our actions in Iraq have taken away what was once a powerful tool in our geopolitical toolbox and it's being demonstrated in black and white through the propaganda wars going on in Crimea, the Ukraine, Russia and Europe proper.

That's it. Nothing deeper. You seem to be either in denial that this is a reality or dismissive of its importance. Worse, you are spinning that by pointing this out I am somehow excusing Putin or the old Soviet empire when I have said no such thing. You also are spinning that I believe public opinion is the end all be all in trump cards. It's not, and I've never said otherwise. My name may begin with a G but it doesn't end with atorman.

It has nothing to do with facts. It has everything to do with how you interpret and analyze those facts and use them to make your case.

And your quibble is still wrong. As has been explained to you repeatedly.

We know what you're saying and have been saying. You just can't seem to grasp that you're wrong.

And your quibble is still wrong. As has been explained to you repeatedly.

We know what you're saying and have been saying. You just can't seem to grasp that you're wrong.

Please tell me then what it is I am saying. Your last attempt to do so was poor.

Edited by GreggyT

You pretty stupidly disagreed with the premise that Bush's failed policies in the Middle East have no bearing on the current situation.

Hence why I highlighted your word quibble, so you could more easily find where you went stupid.

Our did you not say that either?

You need to pay more attention to what others have told you in this thread and much less attention to the stupidity you've shared with us.

Considering you can't even summarize the point I was making, forgive me if choose to think you're missing it. So far you have provided no evidence to the contrary, other than you are one who wishes to subscribe to a group-think mentality rather than doing your own critical thinking.

Moral equivalence in an invasion? Who, other than you is bringing it up? Note that the only people who are using the Iraq pretext are Russia apologists who are aligned with Putin, which at this moment, are Putin, Russians and China. And, looks like you. Tell me of these multitudes of Europeans who are saying that US has no moral standing to preach about Putin's invasion, when all of Europe is essentially on its heels at the prospect of a mini USSR recombination by brute force.

And honestly, what in the world does this mean

This reality, which cannot be ignored, makes it very difficult to make a non-violent, non-sanction backed plea to the people of Crimea and Ukraine (and Russia itself) about what Putin is really up to.

Do you truly believe that if US (and other nations) did not invade Iraq, the Russian people would listen to us? Because that's how I'm interpreting what you're saying. And if it's not what you're saying, then you should clarify exactly what you mean, and explain how an international thug would behave any differently than he has for the last 14 years.

Considering you can't even summarize the point I was making, forgive me if choose to think you're missing it. So far you have provided no evidence to the contrary, other than you are one who wishes to subscribe to a group-think mentality rather than doing your own critical thinking.

Critical thinking, much like this topic, is another arena in which you can display your ignorance.

...Tell me of these multitudes of Europeans who are saying that US has no moral standing to preach about Putin's invasion, when all of Europe is essentially on its heels at the prospect of a mini USSR recombination by brute force.

Because, despite your thinking to the contrary, it's not one sided on the ground in those countries. There isn't a unified front amongst the population of our allies or the Ukraine, forget Russia. Just like here in the states where you have loonies running around saying Putin's not so bad -- loonies who divide what should be a united front -- there are two sides to the argument going on right now all throughout Europe. And you may think they all think the same, but I assure you they do not. And the younger generations, the ones who are more connected to social media and the reddits of the world than their older counterparts, grew up not knowing what the hell the Soviet Union was in any other form than a history book or a story from their father or grandfather. To that same generation, their major exposure to American foreign policy resulted in a decade long disaster that they are still paying the bill for and that makes them willing to believe Putin's spin and doubt our own.

And don't think these are teenagers. They are in their 20s and 30s and are in positions of influence.

If you want to stop Putin without anyone dropping bombs, sooner or later you are going to need the people behind you on the ground there. Right now, we have more than our share of haters who are throwing serious shade.

Do you truly believe that if US (and other nations) did not invade Iraq, the Russian people would listen to us? Because that's how I'm interpreting what you're saying. And if it's not what you're saying...

It's not what I'm saying and never has been what I'm saying.

Critical thinking, much like this topic, is another arena in which you can display your ignorance.

It's true, it is an arena where I can display my ignorance. It's also an arena where I could pretend to think you have more than a two cylinder engine on top of those shoulders of yours. But I won't, and haven't.

Thanks for the attempted slam. Come back when you've sharpened your verbal machete and try again please.

It's not what I'm saying and never has been what I'm saying.

Except that you just repeated it again above.

And if these connected Russian millennials still support Putin after Beslan, Georgia & Ukraine, and they use the excuse that he's doing it to protect the motherland from bad western influences, then they deserve everything that's coming to them. It's no wonder that any Russian with an independent mind gets the hell out of that country as soon as he can get his walking papers.

PS - how in the world are the Russians still paying for a decade long failure of US foreign policy?

Edited by GG

And if these connected Russian millennials still support Putin after Beslan, Georgia & Ukraine, and they use the excuse that he's doing it to protect the motherland from bad western influences, then they deserve everything that's coming to them. It's no wonder that any Russian with an independent mind gets the hell out of that country as soon as he can get his walking papers.

PS - how in the world are the Russians still paying for a decade long failure of US foreign policy?

Much like Obama, you just can't understand his message.

What he keeps saying, isn't what he's saying.

So even though he keeps bringing up Bush, and he keeps bringing up Iraq, and even though he keeps mentioning that Obama has inherited a bad global image of the US, and even though he's said that the poor perception of the US by the rest of the work has limited Obama' options in dealing with Russia, and even though he's said that therefore this mess is partly Bush's fault, none of that is really what he's saying.

This is on top of all the actual facts of the current situation and the process leading up to it over the past several years that have already been mentioned in this thread and in some cases pointed out specifically to him.

And if these connected Russian European millennials ...

That's the issue we're having. You're talking about Russians exclusively. I'm not. I am talking about the continent itself.

Much like Obama, you just can't understand his message.

What he keeps saying, isn't what he's saying.

So even though he keeps bringing up Bush, and he keeps bringing up Iraq, and even though he keeps mentioning that Obama has inherited a bad global image of the US, and even though he's said that the poor perception of the US by the rest of the work has limited Obama' options in dealing with Russia, and even though he's said that therefore this mess is partly Bush's fault, none of that is really what he's saying.

This is on top of all the actual facts of the current situation and the process leading up to it over the past several years that have already been mentioned in this thread and in some cases pointed out specifically to him.

Stop trying to pretend to be smart. It's not working.

That's the issue we're having. You're talking about Russians exclusively. I'm not. I am talking about the continent itself.

Then they have even less of an excuse. Iraq, for all its faults was a decade ago, and had multinational but not universal support. If they can't differentiate between America's actions and what Putin has been doing, there's no sense convincing them otherwise. I could see them using Grenada or throwing out Noriega as examples of American aggression. But since they're too lazy to do very basic historical checks and just parrot whatever the friggin Guardian spoon feeds them, they can mire in their ageless continental tribes and clans until they finally kill each other off.

Then they have even less of an excuse. Iraq, for all its faults was a decade ago, and had multinational but not universal support. If they can't differentiate between America's actions and what Putin has been doing, there's no sense convincing them otherwise. I could see them using Grenada or throwing out Noriega as examples of American aggression. But since they're too lazy to do very basic historical checks and just parrot whatever the friggin Guardian spoon feeds them, they can mire in their ageless continental tribes and clans until they finally kill each other off.

:lol:

Are you new here? That is all of us here's raison d'etre. There is only one poster on PPP that is actually smart and that's gatorman. He's outsmarted us all.

Dammit! I've been had! :lol: :lol:

Then they have even less of an excuse. Iraq, for all its faults was a decade ago, and had multinational but not universal support. If they can't differentiate between America's actions and what Putin has been doing, there's no sense convincing them otherwise.

They definitely have less of an excuse. You're right.

I could see them using Grenada or throwing out Noriega as examples of American aggression. But since they're too lazy to do very basic historical checks and just parrot whatever the friggin Guardian spoon feeds them, they can mire in their ageless continental tribes and clans until they finally kill each other off.

Serious question, are you an isolationist at heart or do you think we have a role to play in keeping peace on the continent?

The fact remains that short of physical confrontation with Putin, there is little we can do. Obama has shown what he is made of and he is lacking. Putin knows that any threats out of DC are empty and he can ignore them. There is something that we can do though. Drill, drill, drill and threaten his monopoly over Europe's energy imports. With the vast amounts of energy reserves that we have here in NA we can scare the schit out of him just by making world energy dominance our unwritten goal. While his power is in restricting energy to those that might oppose him our power can come from making energy more abundant and less expensive. Whose side is the rest of the world going to be on?

Serious question, are you an isolationist at heart or do you think we have a role to play in keeping peace on the continent?

Why would you think I'm an isolationist?

I don't think you are based on the majority of your posts but just wanted to be certain I wasn't reading something into your posts that wasn't there.

What you're seeing now is the direct result of an "isolationist by incompetence" foreign policy. How's that working out so far? Convenient time for Putin to start troop maneuvers on east Ukrainian border.