Stevie Johnson should be dealt addition by subtraction

There is a reason why this site doesn't allow a link from the bleacher report.

No reason to think that Stevie with a healthy year, and a better WR coach* can't find his 2010 form as the #11 WR in the NFL 82 receptions, 1073 yards, 10 TDs.

What will help his production greatly is finally fixing that O line, and thus giving EJ a chance to complete more passes.

Edited by FeartheLosing

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for more PROS! Youre trying to defend SJ13 by not adding anything. Rather telling us that the Pitt catch was hard. and the Fumble in Toronto was hard, and the penalties are ok, and the 7 million is low for a #1 ( HA HA ) receiver!

Please show me where I even mentioned the Pitt or Toronto games, let alone said they were hard plays.

I eliminated a couple of your Cons using relevance.

More Pros:

Can beat ANY db in the league.

Consistently produces even with subpar QB'ing.

Only in a buffalo bills dillusional little world do we name a middle of the run #2 WR as a #1.

If Watkins is there for the taking at #9. You draft that bad ass and let the W squared run the show in Buffalo! EJ to Watkins, EJ to Woods.

You seem to forget how much he says he loves Buffalo.

There is a reason why this site doesn't allow a link from the bleacher report.

No reason to think that Stevie with a healthy year, and a better WR can't find his 2010 form as the #11 WR in the NFL 82 receptions, 1073 yards, 10 TDs.

What will help his production greatly is finally fixing that O line, and thus giving EJ a chance to complete more passes.

JP needed a better OLine too.

So did Trent.

So did Marshawn.

Evans was an invaluable decoy.

Whitner needed a better front seven

CJ isn't used "right."

The play calling sucks.

Edited by The Big Cat

Why is it that every player that is worth a damn on the Bills is fodder for this type of "Should we trade such and such" sort of thread? Do other teams fans go through this type of ritual or is this a special kind of madness only Bills fans have. Where a guy that would be addition by subtraction would be good enough to garner interest from other teams in a trade. If he sucks so bad why would anyone want him? And if he doesn't suck why would we want to let him go? It's not like we are so scary stacked at WR that we can just get rid of a veteran player like this. As far as cap savings go, what exactly are we saving besides Ralph Wilson some money? They never get anywhere near the cap anyway, so what's the point of being so frugal? If anything they need to watch out for the salary floor.

What would help his consistency would be to go for light jogs and playing basketball during the off season. That would ensure more creation of space on the field against bums that go to the gym and do real cardio workouts. Also, when your number is called down the stretch, holding on to the ball would help win games ( Toronto, Pats game ) But hey KIKO, Keep on rockin in the free world!

What would help his consistency would be to go for light jogs and playing basketball during the off season. That would ensure more creation of space on the field against bums that go to the gym and do real cardio workouts. Also, when your number is called down the stretch, holding on to the ball would help win games ( Toronto, Pats game ) But hey KIKO, Keep on rockin in the free world!

It's not your fault....

Edit: This worked in Good Will Hunting so I figured I'd give it a try.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Since we're parsing Stevie's career on a game by game basis, care to explain why you left out the Carolina game this year? Or does that catch "not count" because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Wow, Buffalo Bills reporters have certainly brought stupidity to a new level. There are 2 main reasons why Stevie will neither be traded nor cut...

1. No NFL team is trading for Stevie's almost 9 million a year contract

2. Cutting Stevie would create an unnecessary hole on the roster with a dead space cap hit of 8.475 million this year

Yet this is still plausible for Bills reporters? Really?...LOL Stevie's not going anywhere and not only will he have a bounce back year, he's going to be the Bills' veteran WR that will help teach the young guys Woods, Goodwin and the WR they will probably pick this year in the draft.

Anyone can beat any DB in the league running 5- 7 yard routes. After he beat his DB, the question is..Can he catch or hold on to the ball?

You are right about his consistency...He was consistently bad in 2013!

Not Seattle . They are very good with their hands and disrupting patterns at the line.

i did not know YOU are the blind squirrel !

You are not a very good fan though.

Stevie has played hard for the Bills and he has paid the price for it with his body. No wonder he winces at the slot position .

He will not fit that designation. Hope Hostler sees that along with Moore.

Stevie should be moved around to create that mismatch he creates. And i expect thats exactly what we will see.

If Stevie is unhealthy again this season all bets are off though. seems like 3 years running with that groin issue not allowing him to have a burst

If Stevie is worth a third round pick, which I agree with, we will have to throw in a third just for someone to take TJ Graham.

so its like

"hey take graham please ?

Okay but .. . No. How about we throw in stevie ? "

They shake Hands and nod.

fade to black

Wow, Buffalo Bills reporters have certainly brought stupidity to a new level. There are 2 main reasons why Stevie will neither be traded nor cut...

1. No NFL team is trading for Stevie's almost 9 million a year contract

2. Cutting Stevie would create an unnecessary hole on the roster with a dead space cap hit of 8.475 million this year

Yet this is still plausible for Bills reporters? Really?...LOL Stevie's not going anywhere and not only will he have a bounce back year, he's going to be the Bills' veteran WR that will help teach the young guys Woods, Goodwin and the WR they will probably pick this year in the draft.

Unreal isn't it? Its not just the reporters looking for something to stir up, its also the fans here.

Something I've yet to see on this thread is how stevie looked specifically when playing with manuel. IMHO, they were rarely on the same page and Stevie seemed to be frustrated at times by this. I would chalk this up to manuel not getting used to stevie's allen iverson-esque jukes. But it did look like manuel had a much better rhythm when throwing to woods, especially early on last season. Stevie is a great rout runner without a doubt and can make some great plays, but how many times can we forgive the penalties and fails in the clutch? Everyone knows about the Steelers game, along with last season's pats and falcons game, but to me those are very telling. How many #1 wrs can you name that have dropped, fumbled multiple gimme's in clutch situations? Not completely sold on trading him, but it seems that everyone on this thread thinks those without a like-minded opinion is an idiot. kinda why TSW bums me out in general

Edited by billsgpr88