Bills Introduce New Assistant Coaches

26CornerBlitz

Not wanting to start another coach thread...I will fit this in here....Mike Rodak from ESPN asks: "Are Doug Marrone's Bills Too Orange for the NFL?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/7189/are-marrones-bills-too-orange-for-nfl

Not even saying I agree with Rodak at all, but an interesting article. Personally, I like the way the coaching staff is shaping up! Downing is the one I have the most question about....

I really like hearing that EJ is a film junkie. No guarantee that the study pays off, but at the very least it's good to hear he's got his head in the right place.

I feel like Pepper Johnson said a whole lot of nothing :lol:

He did ramble a bit didnt he ? I liked the old guy Pagac though, seems like a no BS type

I really like hearing that EJ is a film junkie. No guarantee that the study pays off, but at the very least it's good to hear he's got his head in the right place.

I feel like Pepper Johnson said a whole lot of nothing :lol:

If you listen to one Pepper Johnson interview you understand why Belichick was scared to give him the DC job in NE. The guy is best as a position coach, knows how to get through to players.

If you listen to one Pepper Johnson interview you understand why Belichick was scared to give him the DC job in NE. The guy is best as a position coach, knows how to get through to players.

Or he is like Bill , and doesn't tell you very much even though words are coming out .

I am not ready to make your assumption . Even though i can see why you make it !

: )

Also Downing sounds like the right guy . I wonder how long that was in the works ?

I really like the Jim Hostler hire. Nate Hackett is clearly a guy who brings a boat load of energy but sometimes being young and enthused and full of ideas is not a good thing if you can't focus your mind to the most important details. I see Hostler as a guy that Hackett can really lean on and learn from. I wonder if the plan will be to have Hostler in the box and Hackett down on the sideline where he ended last season? A voice saying to him "Nate let's slow it down here" or "let's open it out here" at the right moment could really improve him as a young coordinator I think.

I really like the Jim Hostler hire. Nate Hackett is clearly a guy who brings a boat load of energy but sometimes being young and enthused and full of ideas is not a good thing if you can't focus your mind to the most important details. I see Hostler as a guy that Hackett can really lean on and learn from. I wonder if the plan will be to have Hostler in the box and Hackett down on the sideline where he ended last season? A voice saying to him "Nate let's slow it down here" or "let's open it out here" at the right moment could really improve him as a young coordinator I think.

Interesting question... it seemed to me that Hackett will stay on the sideline (EJ said after the 2nd Jets game he wanted him there for the rest of his career) so that would make sense.