Kenny Britt FA WR

simpleman

I like it Simpleman. I am always a big fan of low risk, high reward signings. He has had his issues for sure but he's still better than TJ Graham, Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley as a receiver. I can't imagine that he will bring a high price tag and he has had some great moments in the league. Worth a flier IMO

I like it Simpleman. I am always a big fan of low risk, high reward signings. He has had his issues for sure but he's still better than TJ Graham, Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley as a receiver. I can't imagine that he will bring a high price tag and he has had some great moments in the league. Worth a flier IMO

Ill chalk it up as a "don't know enough" despite being well familiar with his past. Truth is none of us have a clue on his present (unless I've missed content on it). I'm good with second chances but he was in a pretty crazy downward spiral last I knew, and the type that may leave a lot of damage around him, it seemed.

Ill chalk it up as a "don't know enough" despite being well familiar with his past. Truth is none of us have a clue on his present (unless I've missed content on it). I'm good with second chances but he was in a pretty crazy downward spiral last I knew, and the type that may leave a lot of damage around him, it seemed.

I am talking incentive laden contract with little to no guaranteed money. If he comes out in camp and has his head in straight maybe he can contribute. If not, let him walk. He clearly has had more than his share of issues on and off the field but if you could get his talent for next to nothing it's worth a shot IMO.

I am talking incentive laden contract with little to no guaranteed money. If he comes out in camp and has his head in straight maybe he can contribute. If not, let him walk. He clearly has had more than his share of issues on and off the field but if you could get his talent for next to nothing it's worth a shot IMO.

I don't disagree on the philosophy but I feel like there's reasonable leg work that would indicate what direction he's generally heading before he gets to the table to sign. He's always given me the vibe of being closer to pacman or Hernandez (in hindsight with Hernandez) than the run of the mill trouble maker. If you told me an nfl player was involved in a major incident (I'm talking dead body type of incident) he would be high on my list of guesses until he shows promise otherwise. He might be trending the right way but I strongly suspect otherwise based on his past and would guess he'd not be great at hiding that if you camped out in his hometown a few days.

He's had 9 documented run ins with police since he joined the nfl, and is just finishing his rookie deal.

I don't disagree on the philosophy but I feel like there's reasonable leg work that would indicate what direction he's generally heading before he gets to the table to sign. He's always given me the vibe of being closer to pacman or Hernandez (in hindsight with Hernandez) than the run of the mill trouble maker. If you told me an nfl player was involved in a major incident (I'm talking dead body type of incident) he would be high on my list of guesses until he shows promise otherwise. He might be trending the right way but I strongly suspect otherwise based on his past and would guess he'd not be great at hiding that if you camped out in his hometown a few days.

He's had 9 documented run ins with police since he joined the nfl, and is just finishing his rookie deal.

Ha ha, I agree with your list. He would be pretty high on that list somewhere between Titus Young (who is clearly first) and Aldon Smith.

While some of you are denigrating some of the current players on the roster. Why not wait until we see what a different receiver coach can do for these players. For Ike Hilliard to be fired after only one season tells me there might be some issues there. He was a 3rd year assistant, and only one year in Washington, and another in Buffalo as an actual WR coach.

This new WR coach Rob Moore worked with Marrone at Syracuse who is a rookie NFL assistant coach. We will see.

Then, what he said:

Edited by FeartheLosing

While some of you are denigrating some of the current players on the roster. Why not wait until we see what a different receiver coach can do for these players.

This new WR coach Rob Moore worked with Marrone at Syracuse who is a rookie NFL assistant coach. We will see.

I would not support standing pat and seeing what Rob Moore can do. I'd rather upgrade at WR to give Rob and EJ some better players to work with.

Not necessarily saying Britt is the answer though. He is a trouble make, and he does drop passes. But he also makes some great catches.

I'd be leaning to just saying no and looking elsewhere.

I would not support standing pat and seeing what Rob Moore can do. I'd rather upgrade at WR to give Rob and EJ some better players to work with.

Not necessarily saying Britt is the answer though. He is a trouble make, and he does drop passes. But he also makes some great catches.

I'd be leaning to just saying no and looking elsewhere.

The Bills have spent three of the top three draft picks on WR's the last two years. Traded up for TJ Graham in the 3rd in 2012, drafted both Robert Woods at #2, and Marquise Goodwin at #3 last draft.

Plus, they also have Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley, and Cordell Roberson who is 6'4'' on the roster.

Not every player comes out of college blazing...as Stevie Johnson was drafted in the 7th round of the 2008 draft, and spent two years on the bench. He didn't start to play well until mid season 2010.

Drafting another rookie will just hinder the players already on the roster, and bringing in a known troubled player makes no sense to me. I'd like to see if a different WR coach will make a difference with the current players development.