Michael Sam is out.

agardin

Nope, if a gay man is allowed in a locker room full of men. Than a straight man should be allowed in a locker room with females. Prove to me how it's not a double standard. It would be considered "creepy" if a straight man was allowed into a female locker room. Well what if I am in there to just change and get out and not stare at the others in the room. The same analogy can be applied both ways.

If a straight man had to be allowed into a female locker room, the pressure of the majority would indicate that the man should act more respectful than humanly possible, and if he didn't, I'd expect them to bludgeon him with a hair dryer. What is this argument even about?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, if a gay man is allowed in a locker room full of men. Than a straight man should be allowed in a locker room with females. Prove to me how it's not a double standard. It would be considered "creepy" if a straight man was allowed into a female locker room. Well what if I am in there to just change and get out and not stare at the others in the room. The same analogy can be applied both ways.

I am done with this discussion as it cannot be proved otherwise, back to work. Have a good day all. =)

Is a straight man a woman?

I think the issue is you sir. Staring at people you are attracted to is not reasonable behaviour, regardless of their gender or your sexual preference. There are no double standards here.

Not so sure thats an issue. If i am showering at the gym and a kate upton and salma hayek lookalikes are there as well its gonna be real hard not to look. Your a saint if you can pull that off.

I am done with this discussion as it cannot be proved otherwise, back to work. Have a good day all. =)

"Nevermind that he spent a whole season openly gay in a locker room full of men. Let's not let facts get in the way of me believing any gay man must be in the locker room just because he wants to have sex with me!"

Edited by Pondslider

Nope, if a gay man is allowed in a locker room full of men. Than a straight man should be allowed in a locker room with females. Prove to me how it's not a double standard.

You are the person asserting something. The purden of proof is on you. Nothing you have said so far proves your assertion.

Is a straight man a woman?

Nope and it's a double standard.... probably.

I think what we're proposing here, is that we re-draw the lines governing restrooms and locker rooms based not on gender, but on sexual attraction. We have the "Attracted to Men" locker room which is for women, gay men and the occasional bi-curious male, and we have the "Attracted to Women" locker room which includes men and lesbians. Since theres no quick way to determine who is out of place, we use honor system which has never failed us. Bisexuals are a wild card I suppose. Problem solved.

Edited by Jauronimo

I think everyone worried about people staring at their junk seems to have an outsized opinion of themselves and their attractiveness to gay men, and an insultingly ignorant, animalistic view of sexuality, gay or otherwise.

Not me man, the gay dudes love me. Ive been small talked/hit on a few times.

I think what we're proposing here, is that we re-draw the lines governing restrooms and locker rooms based not on gender, but on sexual attraction. We have the "Attracted to Men" locker room which is for women, gay men and the occasional bi-curious male, and we have the "Attracted to Women" locker room which includes men and lesbians. Since theres no quick way to determine who is out of place, we use honor system which has never failed us. Bisexuals are a wild card I suppose. Problem solved.

nah we have to have 4 or ill just hang out naked looking at the lesbians hooking up and people would think i was a perv.

additionally, to this discussion ill introduce Charles "masturbated during interviews in the locker room" Haley, as the TRUE WILDCARD

Edited by NoSaint

We actually have gender-neutral restrooms at the university I teach at, and aside from predictable college graffiti, no one behaves like anything other than a respectful adult. It took some getting used to at first and I'm sure it's the same for the women, but there's also a sense that we're trusted to be mature.

not all of them, but definetly a few. why ? i have zero issues with gays, i know a few and have relatives as i think most do nowadays.

women same scenario some not all. am i the only one here who's been small talked up by a gay guy? come on theres more of you.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

THEY ARE ALREADY THERE. WHO GIVES A !@#$ IF IT'S A DOUBLE STANDARD. IT'S REALITY. YOU CAN EITHER PRESENT A REALISTIC SOLUTION, OR LIVE WITH IT, OR CONTINUING PRETENDING IT DOESN'T EXIST. BUT YOU EITHER HAVEN'T BEEN IN MANY LOCKER ROOMS, OR ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN IN LOCKER ROOMS WITH GAY DUDES.

Edited by Captain Caveman

THEY ARE ALREADY THERE. WHO GIVES A !@#$ IF IT'S A DOUBLE STANDARD. IT'S REALITY. YOU CAN EITHER PRESENT A REALISTIC SOLUTION, OR LIVE WITH IT, OR CONTINUING PRETENDING IT DOESN'T EXIST. BUT YOU EITHER HAVEN'T BEEN IN MANY LOCKER ROOMS, OR ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN IN LOCKER ROOMS WITH GAY DUDES.

Lighten up, Francis.

i see only two possible solutions that are reasonable.

1) none of them are allowed to come out, so i can pretend EVERYONE is looking at me. good for the ego and all.

2) we build a closet in the locker rooms, just for them to use.

Alright, time to move along.

fair enough. but i thought i was really getting somewhere with that closet idea.

to get back to the football stuff:

An interview with a nebraska player that came out to his team in 2004-2005

http://deadspin.com/former-nebraska-kicker-says-he-was-openly-gay-loved-by-1521477052

Two of my really good friends on the team, Sean Hill and Corey McKeon, asked me at lunch one day, "We were just wondering if you were gay." I very honestly said, "Yes, is that a problem?" They were like, "Oh no, that's really cool. We all thought that you were, and we just wanted to know."

On how his experience on the team changed after coming out:

My experience went from being a very scared and somewhat shy gay person on the team to a very welcomed and loved teammate of many.

On a few of his assistant coaches making him feel unwelcome:

Once everyone found out, several coaches made it very clear to me that I wasn't welcome. I would say the majority of how they made it known that I was unwelcome was through non-verbal communication—body language, looks—but there was definitely some verbal things at times.