2013-14 Announcer Ratings

2013-14 NFL Announcer Rankings

For the third consecutive season, the privilege -- and challenge -- of continuing Dr. Z's annual tradition of ranking the NFL's announcing teams falls right here. The not-so-secret truth behind the task is that there is no way to be right (though, if the past has taught us anything, most will still argue the rankings below are wrong).

Dan Dierdof made the top ten. This list is credible. :rolleyes:

But his commentary on dierdorf is right on. Totally generic and vapid analysis.

Overall, I like his list. The rankings are pretty close, and the comments are great. For example, I like how he refers to dedes as an up and comer; and the comparison of fouts being a mix between dierdorf and gruden is hilarious and perfect.

If we could extend this topic to the in-studio guys, I'd pretty much wipe out the NFLN. It's such a target-rich environment. That sportswriter, the woman and Eric Fisher from the morning show: gone. Anthony Siciliano, Heath Evans, Deion Sanders, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin: gone. Mooch, Casserly and most of the former coaches: gone. I do like Jamie Dukes, TD, LT and a few of the other guys but, man, that place is a clown show.

I cant stand colinsworth, I've grown tired of Michaels and surprised I liked Lynch and his partner. The rest I am indifferent to hearing as I seldom actually listen as I am so caught in watching.

I had a fun thought, though. Imagine calling NFL games like they do NASCAR. Every time the ball changed players they gave it to the next guy excited beyond all imaginable.

"Manuel making the call at the line, Spiller in the backfield we are seeing Woods come in motion making a push for the slot."

"And the snap, we have Manuel back. Looking deep. Graham going fast and what's this?

"CJ Spiller gets the ball on a screen. Boogity boogity boogity. He has a lane to make this go. He has clear air in front of him. Here he goes, Cromartie right behind him looking to the inside. Spiller down low makes a break and separates, its his race. Spiller, end zone!"

When the hot topic on the forum is Announcer Ratings, you know it's going to be a looooong offseason.

You must be fairly new around here...whether football season is over, or in full swing, there is a thread on announcers (BIlls fans, by and large, hate all of them!) and the how much WGR55 sucks ass (Bills fans, by and large, hate everything about WGR55) started pretty much every week or two...