Tackling technique is the difference

Did anyone else watch that game tonight and say to themselves, "this is the best tackling unit I have ever seen"? I did.

The reason Denver couldn't do anything tonight is that Seattle was always there to stop them, especially on those plays where the receivers are supposed to break tackles. It helped that they got consistent pressure to flush a slow-ish Manning from the pocket.

If the Bills defense is going to get better, they'd do well to study tackling technique and get as good at wrapping up guys and stopping gains short of the markers. If they ever want to get past NE, this is what they have to do.

Did anyone else watch that game tonight and say to themselves, "this is the best tackling unit I have ever seen"? I did.

The reason Denver couldn't do anything tonight is that Seattle was always there to stop them, especially on those plays where the receivers are supposed to break tackles. It helped that they got consistent pressure to flush a slow-ish Manning from the pocket.

If the Bills defense is going to get better, they'd do well to study tackling technique and get as good at wrapping up guys and stopping gains short of the markers. If they ever want to get past NE, this is what they have to do.

Agreed. Still more then their tackling what most impresses me about the hawks defense is their speed. Fast. Precise.

Agreed. Still more then their tackling what most impresses me about the hawks defense is their speed. Fast. Precise.

Yes. Tackling might have been superb, and I'm not saying it wasn't, but no Broncos player spent more than 1.5 seconds without a Seahawk draped all over him.

Yes. Tackling might have been superb, and I'm not saying it wasn't, but no Broncos player spent more than 1.5 seconds without a Seahawk draped all over him.

Seriously. It looked like Seattle had 15 guys on defense. They positioned themselves very well.

I wanted the Broncos to win but the way Seattle plays big and physical on both sides of the ball bodes well for my Kind of Football; Smashmouth!

Marrone definitely is establishing this style on offense and hopefully Schwartz goes away from his small style players and embraces the big beasts of Seattle's D. Having a 6'3 233 pound Safety would be awesome and would go a long way to alleviating our pass D against TEs. The way Chancellor took out Denver's TE and crossing routes was awesome.

That's the problem with the new CBA. Not enough time to continue to work on the fundamentals. Not enough time in pads. This is what the players wanted and they are paying for it also in more injuries. I can't remember where the source, but read an article injuries have increased this year over previous ones. This is a reach, but could possible be due to less practice time. Only time will tell.

I guess if you think that is good football, you may like that. The problem was that 1.5 seconds included a lot of draping and contact that was suppose to be a penalty under the rules. A lot of that draping was before the ball was in the air or not in the area of the ball. A lot of it could have been PI or holding according to the rules. Not that it would have mattered in this game the way the Broncos played.

Fundementas. Fundamentals. Fundementals. You coach them over and over and over again. You can't coach size or speed. Seattle has both.

With short weeks practicing and limited time in pads it is only a matter of time before the entire league becomes horribly weak in the basics of the game. Which is reason for me to believe the bruising back is makkng a comeback. Blount only solidified that this postseason.

I guess if you think that is good football, you may like that. The problem was that 1.5 seconds included a lot of draping and contact that was suppose to be a penalty under the rules. A lot of that draping was before the ball was in the air or not in the area of the ball. A lot of it could have been PI or holding according to the rules. Not that it would have mattered in this game the way the Broncos played.

Fact is, refs can never win. If its a game full of flags everyone would be screaming that refs influenced game. If there are few flags then people complain that refs influenced game by not calling penalties.

Bigger Stronger Faster and they were everywhere. They were also smart. That play where Chancellor followed one guy up the seam and then pealed off him to may a play on the crossing route was unbelievable. He recognized where the ball was going and then had the athleticism to fly over there.

They where hitting hard, like crushing people, and didn't draw any flags 'you hit him too hard' penalties. I haven't seen a game like that in years. It was the most smothering D I have ever seen. Denver didn't even score until Sherman went out with Injury.

That is what excellent coaching looks like. Top to bottom that was perfect. And what about their front office? How does one team possibly draft so well? Getting the best CB in the league and the best S in the league in the 5th round? And getting their Star QB in the 3rd? That Percy Harvin trade looks like it was worth it just for that one game! And lord knows they took out lunch money in the Lynch deal. Absolute perfection I'd say.

Bigger Stronger Faster and they were everywhere. They were also smart. That play where Chancellor followed one guy up the seam and then pealed off him to may a play on the crossing route was unbelievable. He recognized where the ball was going and then had the athleticism to fly over there.

They where hitting hard, like crushing people, and didn't draw any flags 'you hit him too hard' penalties. I haven't seen a game like that in years. It was the most smothering D I have ever seen. Denver didn't even score until Sherman went out with Injury.

That is what excellent coaching looks like. Top to bottom that was perfect. And what about their front office? How does one team possibly draft so well? Getting the best CB in the league and the best S in the league in the 5th round? And getting their Star QB in the 3rd? That Percy Harvin trade looks like it was worth it just for that one game! And lord knows they took out lunch money in the Lynch deal. Absolute perfection I'd say.

Agreed. It is not, however, what an excellent scheme looks like. That's how talent plays.

But, take it easy on referring to RW as a "star." He's been good, but far from stellar.

Agreed. It is not, however, what an excellent scheme looks like. That's how talent plays.

But, take it easy on referring to RW as a "star." He's been good, but far from stellar.

I feel this way about Wilson, too. Like Flacco last year, he had some stellar moments and no big mistakes. He didn't put on a clinic like Manning or Brady or Luck sometimes can, where you feel they are unstoppable. Seattle had an answer for everything Denver would do, and all they were left with was getting blanketed on the checkdowns. It meant Denver's defense was bound to get tired and exposed, especially without some of their better pieces.

With short weeks practicing and limited time in pads it is only a matter of time before the entire league becomes horribly weak in the basics of the game. Which is reason for me to believe the bruising back is makkng a comeback. Blount only solidified that this postseason.

I wonder when they even practice tackling or if they even do at all. They only practice in pads a week or two in TC and most of the time then it's at 1/2 speed and don't tackle anybody. During the season they only practice in pads twice or something like that. You can't practice tackling in shorts. I suppose one could hit a tackling dummy, but that can't be the same.