Should Bills target Branden Albert in FA?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a LT (and a very good one) so he's going to get a huge contract (also not an area of need). Look for RT's such as Zach Strief from the Saints, who could be had at a much more reasonable price.

And that price being for a reason.... He's not that good.

And that price being for a reason.... He's not that good.

I'll take your word for him being not that good.....but the price for virtually any RT(who can't play LT) is going to be much cheaper than a LT.

Well, regardless, my point stands. The odds of us going after a LT in FA are almost 0%. Armchair GMs should target RTs.

Yep.

I'll take your word for him being not that good.....but the price for virtually any RT(who can't play LT) is going to be much cheaper than a LT.

Yep.

Very much understood. But especially magnified when talking average to perhaps slightly below average RTs. At the highest end, RTs get paid but it falls off fast.

He's actually my neighbor during the season. ( suburb of kc). Lives about 4 houses away. His house has been on the market since last year. He's a good guy but the Chiefs wanted him to play RT and drafted Fisher to play LT. He probably isn't an elite LT but word was he wanted to be paid as one. Almost got traded to Fins but something happened. He's had some injuries as of late. He could play RT but wants to play and be considered a LT b/c the pay day will likely be more. Probably could find cheaper option for RT.

And play him where? I'm not against getting good players, and Branden is very good but not great, but you will have to pay him LT market money when you have a monster already at that position, do you pay him LT money to play RT or LOG? I don't think so.

Spot On!!

I'm waiting for someone to suggest we more Glenn to RT to solve the problem. Problem with that is first off, Glenn has proved himself a more than capable LT, and even if he's not elite, may be as good as Albert. Plus when his contract expires, he'll want to be paid LT salaries and if he were to be moved to RT, he'd likely bolt when his contact is up as some team would likely pay him LT money as he's proved in two years he can handle the position. Either find a FA RT or draft one, but again you also don't draft a RT or guard at #9.

And play him where? I'm not against getting good players, and Branden is very good but not great, but you will have to pay him LT market money when you have a monster already at that position, do you pay him LT money to play RT or LOG? I don't think so.

He's a LT (and a very good one) so he's going to get a huge contract (also not an area of need). Look for RT's such as Zach Strief from the Saints, who could be had at a much more reasonable price.

+1, played for coach Doug, cheaper and allows Buffalo to concentrate on making Glenn the best LT (he's better than Albert) in the NFL

Spot On!!

I'm waiting for someone to suggest we more Glenn to RT to solve the problem. Problem with that is first off, Glenn has proved himself a more than capable LT, and even if he's not elite, may be as good as Albert. Plus when his contract expires, he'll want to be paid LT salaries and if he were to be moved to RT, he'd likely bolt when his contact is up as some team would likely pay him LT money as he's proved in two years he can handle the position. Either find a FA RT or draft one, but again you also don't draft a RT or guard at #9.

Please do not get that awful thought any legs . Glenn ? Woodman Urbik + and the new guy.

Any more talk about moving Glenn should be squelched Ed.

I hope you are open to trade down Ed. and then grab the Tackle in the first ? hey and why not grab the OG with that extra pick.

Done and done