Pettine has officially signed on as coach of the Browns

cale

Well, considering he was likely the Bills best DC since Wade...places the Bills in a very tough situation. The only upside that could come from this situation is if the Bills called Wade back.

tough situation is a bit different than "well now were 0-16 and pettine was the only redeeming quality in the entire franchise last year" that i think some are feeling currently.

hopefully our HC and front office, who once chose an effective DC for us, will be able to do so again. good coordinators are a blessing, but you end up having to replace them.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKelvin and A. Williams will go back to sucking like they have their entire careers before Pettine. Hughes will disappear much the same way he had prior to joining w/Pettine.

I believe Henderson fixed that problem for us which is the reason why he has my vote as the Bills new DC but only under one condition. That Henderson himself is to pick who the next secondary coach will be.

Really?!? Is the woe is us going to predominate the mood because of one lost DC?

Really?! The best defensive scheme we've had in probably over a decade and it's gone. One step forward, two steps back. Excuse me for not clicking my freaking heels in excitement.

Playoff teams lose components of their coaching staff for a reason, not 6-10 teams. A 6-10 Bills teams loses Pettine for a reason. He's that good.

Because of the third lost DC in four years.

I consider Wade Phillips one of the best defensive coordinators in the game, ever, and even I'm down at the idea of him coming here, because it would be yet another DC for a squad that's had absolutely no consistency with DCs.

Very true. Another thing about Wade is that the units he takes over there is no drop off in year 1 of transition with him as DC. He actually improves them.

I agree. There is a comedy to this.

We have basically one semi-decent coach in 20 years, and he's snapped up almost immediately by pretty much the only team worse than us.

It's a dark comedy.

Screw Pettine. He used this rinky-dink clown organization to get a HC gig at 3 ring circus.

I hope they feed him to the lions. He always had too much Jest for my comfort.