Obama Tacitly Endorses Legalization of Pot

Tiberius

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoking pot = victim-less crime

Running a stop sign = possible victim

The Federal government has no business dictating what consenting adults do with their own bodies.

I don't disagree. I haven't smoked in the last 6 months simply because I got tired of it but I think it should be legal.

Of course I was answering his question .

Tax evasion. Traffic violations.

I agree, those probably do happen more often, but we have to make the streets and highways safe, and we have to collect taxes, but Prohibition against pot doesn't serve the greater needs of society, IMO

Then please explain what he was saying. Or was this another example of what he meant vs what he said?

He's saying that even though whites and blacks both use it, if you are poor and of color you are more likely to be busted for pot, ending up with a record and seeing your future choices in life narrowed.

I agree, those probably do happen more often, but we have to make the streets and highways safe, and we have to collect taxes, but Prohibition against pot doesn't serve the greater needs of society, IMO

He's saying that even though whites and blacks both use it, if you are poor and of color you are more likely to be busted for pot, ending up with a record and seeing your future choices in life narrowed.

And your thoughts on why "people of color" are poor?

'

Got called crazy in other Bills message boards, I said starting 4 years ago, and was consistently saying that making pot legal is dumb. It is a lie that people are in jail for smoking pot. It just needs to be decriminalized. I correctly predicted that DUIs would go up, and they are up 33% in Washington state and traffic stops are up 300%, making pot legal in reality will harm your civil liberties.

The Federal government has no business dictating what consenting adults do with their own bodies.

but all those DARE classes we learned,d the drug money went to gangs, cartels and terrorists. So there is that.

Running a stop sign is a victimless crime.

but all those DARE classes we learned,d the drug money went to gangs, cartels and terrorists. So there is that.

Running a stop sign is a victimless crime.

Depends on how fast you are traveling and whether or not there is a pedestrian/cyclist/other car in the intersection. Legalizing a drug which often leads users to other drugs, will increase the number of intoxicated drivers on the road and thus traffic injuries and deaths, will increase law enforcement costs, will increase health care costs for drug rehab and other health related issues is totally !@#$ing batshit assinine.

Too bad 90% of pot smokers believe they drive just fine no matter what, no matter if they are high or not. That is a problem. That is the downfall of legalization, they will cause everyone to be pulled over on suspicion because pot smokers for the most part of selfish babies.

I like pot, but I don't drive when I am drinking or high.

Too bad 90% of pot smokers believe they drive just fine no matter what, no matter if they are high or not. That is a problem. That is the downfall of legalization, they will cause everyone to be pulled over on suspicion because pot smokers for the most part of selfish babies.

I like pot, but I don't drive when I am drinking or high.

Too bad 90% of pot smokers believe they're intelligent.

Depends on how fast you are traveling and whether or not there is a pedestrian/cyclist/other car in the intersection. Legalizing a drug which often leads users to other drugs, will increase the number of intoxicated drivers on the road and thus traffic injuries and deaths, will increase law enforcement costs, will increase health care costs for drug rehab and other health related issues is totally !@#$ing batshit assinine.

I'd say it's time to bring back prohibition.

Most truly conservative people are in favor of legalization of marijuana. It should be a personal choice and freedom not something that is dictated by the government. Just treat it like alcohol already and be done with it.

You would think so! Just can't understand the disconnect here. So many Conservatives scream about the government but love the big government war on drugs with government intrusions, incarcerations and property taken by the government.

So you're both dumb asses.

You get frustrated easy! The truth and reality seem to easily trip you up!