Obama Tacitly Endorses Legalization of Pot

Tiberius

And there would be fewer arrests, less crime, the drug cartels in Mexico would be hurt, we would save money on the criminal justice system and more people would be free to do what they friggin wanted to

This is the biggest farce in this discussion. Pot is not even a harsh crime by any measure, and only dumb dumbs get arrested for weed. It is part of natural selection.

It is an absolute lie to say the cartels would be hurt. Anyone who says that has absolutely no understanding at all of the brutality that goes on there. You cut a lifeline of theirs, and they will become even more brutal. The violence will increase as they look to alternate ways to make money. Weed is harmless.

Then think about all the pot that cycles through gangs in the USA. You think these people will get normal jobs now that they can't sell weed? They will be selling weed still on the black market, anyone who says otherwise is clueless. Also, they will be selling other drugs, drugs that we would prefer kids not to have. You will see an increase in other crimes when you legalize drugs.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there would be fewer arrests, less crime, the drug cartels in Mexico would be hurt, we would save money on the criminal justice system and more people would be free to do what they friggin wanted to

This would all be fine if we didn't have to be concerned with the stupid things people will do under the influence (like drive and kill people), the health risks and the drug addiction that would certainly ensue. Don't give me the alcohol argument. We have enough trouble with that which should tell us we don't need to make another mind bender widely available.

Edited by keepthefaith

Sound like someone may need to go watch Reefer Madness again.

This is the problem with a logical discussion about this topic. Anyone who is not for going with the status quo, effectiveness and collateral damage be damned, is labeled a "stoner" who just wants to eat Cheat-ohs in their Mom's basement and play video games.

Maybe some people just think that it's not worth the cost in money to "enforce" and the collateral damage caused by said prohibition. If a cost benefit analysis were to be done, just might show that it's just not worth it. What exactly are we getting for our investment in money and lives for prohibition?

This is a perfect example of what I mean. Somebody else should do a cost/benefit study. Numbers are like so irrelevant when someone gets like so enlightened on pot. And of course let's only count monetary costs, not lack of productivity in our society, general annoyance created by pot heads for others and on and on. If it doesn't work out in the stoners' favor we could shift the argument to the miraculous cure all benefits of the medicine and incredible rope that can be made from pot. If that doesn't work we can try the old "what about booze" arguments. Pot does this to people. It promotes itself to the #1 most important thing in their life and it must be defended at all costs.

I don't car about your cheat-o's or whatever and keep thinking your mom is cool with you living in the basement, but this sound you here through the vent every night:

is her trying to get to sleep.

This is the biggest farce in this discussion. Pot is not even a harsh crime by any measure, and only dumb dumbs get arrested for weed. It is part of natural selection.

I had to stop after reading that, the rest of your post is pretty irreveliant after you used a Social Darwinist argument. Keep marijuana crminalized or you will violate the natural order of things. Wow!

This would all be fine if we didn't have to be concerned with the stupid things people will do under the influence (like drive and kill people), the health risks and the drug addiction that would certainly ensue. Don't give me the alcohol argument. We have enough trouble with that which should tell us we don't need to make another mind bender widely available.

It already isn't widely available? Huh?

Haha, Just because you cannot accept that pot makes dumb? It most certainly does. I have smoked enough of it to know.

I also know that almost everyone who smokes pot thinks it is OK to drive too. Most everyone I know even as an adult will drive high and regularly do. It is dangerous to add even more drivers in altered states in the road. There are documented studies where teenagers think absolutely nothing at all about driving stoned as well.

This is a perfect example of what I mean. Somebody else should do a cost/benefit study. Numbers are like so irrelevant when someone gets like so enlightened on pot. And of course let's only count monetary costs, not lack of productivity in our society, general annoyance created by pot heads for others and on and on. If it doesn't work out in the stoners' favor we could shift the argument to the miraculous cure all benefits of the medicine and incredible rope that can be made from pot. If that doesn't work we can try the old "what about booze" arguments. Pot does this to people. It promotes itself to the #1 most important thing in their life and it must be defended at all costs.

Way to take one thing I said and turn it into some dumb argument. I didn't say YOU should do it. It's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention though that the war on drugs is a very expensive war in both money and lives lost/ruined with absolutely nothing to show for it. It just exacerbates the problem.

I know you have assumed I'm a "stoner". That assumption is about as preposterous as many of the others you make.

Not sure what women screaming has to do with the topic.

You haven't answered my question though? What is the "War on Drugs" status quo buying us exactly?

Way to take one thing I said and turn it into some dumb argument. I didn't say YOU should do it. It's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention though that the war on drugs is a very expensive war in both money and lives lost/ruined with absolutely nothing to show for it. It just exacerbates the problem.

I know you have assumed I'm a "stoner". That assumption is about as preposterous as many of the others you make.

Not sure what women screaming has to do with the topic.

You haven't answered my question though? What is the "War on Drugs" status quo buying us exactly?

Are you sure you're not a stoner?

Are you sure you're not a stoner?

See that is a tricky one. He dances around but never really says he is not a stoner. He uses big words and never really answers. He tries to be clever. This is not the MO of a stoner because there aren't typically enough synapses firing to pull off even this simple evasion.

It is possible he is a stoner who is simply not stoned at the moment so maybe we just need to give it an hour.

When it gets right down to it though I think this whole line of discussion about him being a stoner could be a red hair ring to throw us off the trail. That is something that would be done by a pusher; not a stoner.

See that is a tricky one. He dances around but never really says he is not a stoner. He uses big words and never really answers. He tries to be clever. This is not the MO of a stoner because there aren't typically enough synapses firing to pull off even this simple evasion.

It is possible he is a stoner who is simply not stoned at the moment so maybe we just need to give it an hour.

When it gets right down to it though I think this whole line of discussion about him being a stoner could be a red hair ring to throw us off the trail. That is something that would be done by a pusher; not a stoner.

I see what you did there. I'm on the west coast so it took me a few seconds but then again I'm not a stoner.