Geno in meltdown at LAX

i'm not saying the SI article is the truth, just saying, we should know by now to wait for the real story to emerge, but to your point, sadly you are correct

No doubt the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

SI just chose to run with the account they received from Geno's publicist. I'm surprised though that the best she could come up with was a ridiculous story wherein GEno was accosted by a male flight attendant.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you wondering - it is legal/allowed to wear headphones during take off and landing. You iPod or whatever can't be on, but your head phones can remain in your ears.

My earphones double as ear plugs and I never take them out of my ears while flying. 9 out of 10 flight attendants don't say anything, 1 in 10 ask me to turn off my iPod, I tell them it is off and my headphones double as earplugs and they are OK with it. Only once in my like 200+ flights in the past 5 years has someone told me I had to take them out of my ears. I put them right back in after she walked away.

For those of you wondering - it is legal/allowed to wear headphones during take off and landing. You iPod or whatever can't be on, but your head phones can remain in your ears.

Delta now allows you to use headphones and small electronic devices throughout takeoff and landing. The main thing you can't use are phones (the calling function, at least) and laptops.

Report I read said the flight attendant asked Geno to remove his headphones. He didn't hear the attendant so he/she proceeded to unplug the headphones and then throw them to the ground. Geno tried to avoid the issue and walked off the plane on his own.

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/17/jets-geno-smith-airport-incident/

I'm calling BS on SI and their "source". I fly for work a ton (including regular flights in and out of LAX on Virgin America) and have never seen an escalation like this on an airplane (one sided with the FA the aggressor) Even on Virgin America which is quirky and hires male and female model types for FAs it's hard to believe the FA went nutso and did what SI's "source" alleges.

Edited by DC Grid

Delta now allows you to use headphones and small electronic devices throughout takeoff and landing. The main thing you can't use are phones (the calling function, at least) and laptops.

Same with United. About time.

I'm calling BS on SI and their "source". I fly for work a ton (including regular flights in and out of LAX on Virgin America) and have never seen an escalation like this on an airplane (one sided with the FA the aggressor) Even on Virgin America which is quirky and hires male and female model types for FAs it's hard to believe the FA went nutso and did what SI's "source" alleges.

A Flight Attendant isn't going to touch a passenger, or anything that they own. Failure to cooperate with a Flight Crew, on the other hand, is a Federal offense, and there isn't much tolerance for unruly passengers,for obvious reasons. My wife has been flying (Currently, as a Flight Service Manager) for 30 years. She has seen it all. Sounds to me like Geno was being an out of control A-hole.

Precisely. It was a ludicrous (and stupid) yarn to spin.

Unless, of course, it's true.

Geno was a dumpster fire for a qb this year. He has Jamarcus Russell written all over him.

During the last 3-4 games, Geno had the highest QBR in the NFL over that span.

Though he was an abomination for about 60% of the season, he did show improvement at the end. He finished the season with an arrow pointing up, which is more that can be said for EJ unfortunately.

During the last 3-4 games, Geno had the highest QBR in the NFL over that span.

Though he was an abomination for about 60% of the season, he did show improvement at the end. He finished the season with an arrow pointing up, which is more that can be said for EJ unfortunately.

Why ruin a good bashing ?

and then turn your vitriol towards EJ out of nowhere.

Booh ! Oh Boooh Bob !

It's well beyond 'hard to believe'. It's flat out bullsh-- that simply would not happen as described in that ridiculous link. It's hard to imagine something that absurd even coming from Smith's agent's office.

almost as absurd as a customer at victoria secret being told not to breast feed in a closed area like a changing room.....oh wait... :doh:

It's well beyond 'hard to believe'. It's flat out bullsh-- that simply would not happen as described in that ridiculous link. It's hard to imagine something that absurd even coming from Smith's agent's office.

Jamarcus Russell had 13 tds and 7 ints one year. The arrow was pointing up.

When a qb has 12 tds and 25 turnovers in one year and home fans were begging for Matt Simms to start, you really have to work hard to come up with "the bright side". But hey, a bills fan found it... In a jet qb.

Geno will win! He is the indignant American for the day! Fire the employee!

Too bad they couldn't just do nothing. Make them all sit on the plane and not say a word. Then after a half hour when people are asking what is going on... Just point to Geno, grooving away, minding his own business w/out a care in the world.

Key here is to turn the mob loose on the offender. Unfortunately, Virgin Air has a schedule to keep.

The employee will burn.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois