Geno in meltdown at LAX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the last 3-4 games, Geno had the highest QBR in the NFL over that span.

Though he was an abomination for about 60% of the season, he did show improvement at the end. He finished the season with an arrow pointing up, which is more that can be said for EJ unfortunately.

Is that the last 3 games(82.3QBR).....or the last 4 games(83.6QBR)?

I call BS on this......and shame on you for making this up and posting it as a fact.

Btw......EJ finished with a 105.0QBR game. (Even EJ's QBR over the last 3 games was better than Geno....let alone P.Manning's)

Edited by Dibs

I call BS on this......and shame on you for making this up and posting it as a fact.

Btw......EJ finished with a 105.0QBR game. (Even EJ's QBR over the last 3 games was better than Geno....let alone P.Manning's)

I took that straight from ESPN. It was on sportscenter the week after the season ended. I didn't make it up man. I was as surprised as anyone but I can't find an article on espn to back it up. It was on TV. So no shame here dude.

Maybe someone else here watched it too. It was a sportscenter that aired during the afternoon. And the piece specifically dealt with how well Geno played the last few games and gave the rating statistic as a "you'll never believe this" stat.

And EJ didn't play the last couple of weeks of the season, so he wouldn't even qualify. The highlight specifically dealt with QB's QBR's during the last 3-4 weeks of the season and how Geno had the highest QBR in 3 or 4 of those weeks or 3 out of 4 weeks or whatever. I say 3-4 b/c I can't quite remember if it was either 3 or 4 weeks.

Also, it was QBR, not quarterback rating. two different things.

If I have time today at some point I'll try to find it.

Edited by bobobonators

alright guys, so I can't find the sportscenter video that aired with the Geno QBR stat. If someone knows how to go through sporscenter archives feel free.

so I was looking at the stats myself and obviously there must have been some qualification to the stat that ESPN gave on air, b/c Geno did NOT have the best QBR during the last 4 weeks. However, so far, other thann Peyton Manning, he had the highest QBR (not in order):

Peyton Manning: 81.9 avg QBR over last 4 games

Geno Smith: 73.9

Drew Brees: 65.1

Tom Brady: 55.45

Philip Rivers: 71.0

Andy Dalton: 71.2

Stafford: 21.8

Matt Ryan: 53.4

Carson Palmer: 66.9

Big Ben 53.9

Flacco: 32.8

etc.

Maybe the stat said "had a higher QBR than everyone but Peyton Manning" the last 4 weeks. If anyone wants to continue going down the line of QB's feel free.

Andrew Luck: 68.7

Edited by bobobonators

Maybe the stat said "had a higher QBR than everyone but Peyton Manning" the last 4 weeks. If anyone wants to continue going down the line of QB's feel free.

Even with this qualification (better than anyone who is not a robot QB name Peyton), that is a pretty good stretch for a rookie.

Russell Wilson: 33.7

Tony Romo: 62.2

Alex Smith: 61.1....

I'm gonna stop looking and assume that the qualification ESPN gave was, "minus Peyton Manning, geno smith had the highest average QBR the last 4 weeks of the season"

Sorry for confusion guys.

Even with this qualification (better than anyone who is not a robot QB name Peyton), that is a pretty good stretch for a rookie.

Ya, I had ESPN in the background that day and remember when I heard the piece I was like get the F out of here...no doubt Geno was horrible during stretches of the season, but you want a rookie to improve as the season progresses, and Geno certainly did do that.

Running all those numbers reminded me how much Stafford actually blows. Lowest QBR, by far, during the last 4 weeks out of all those QB's.

beware dibs, if giving an angry reply like that, make sure you get your stats straight -- he said QBR which will tend to mean ESPNs QBR thats on the 0-100 scale, not the qb rating. EJs 105 qb rating was a 71 QBR, and the game before was a 3.8 which would kill his average in bobs discussion.

Edited by NoSaint

ya, it was partly my fault too. I should've been clearer in my post by saying "espn's QBR"..I know that sometimes confuses people. I realized he was looking at the wrong one when he mentioned EJ's 105 rating.

I'll take some fault here too....I could have tried to guess how you could be so far off the mark.....and as I haven't got you blocked(and I've read many of your previous posts), I should have looked for legit reasons for your comment before assuming a negative one.(I think I would have twigged to it if you had mentioned ESPN initially though).

ESPN are the only ones who use that rating.....and they call it "Total QBR". http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

....and you are likely correct as Geno's Total QBRs for weeks 14, 16 & 17 were very good.....though it's impossible to combine them as ESPN's Total QBR is not purely based upon hard statistics.

Sorry for the comment(though it did clear up the situation). I think we can safely place most of the blame upon ESPN who have invented their own rating system......have named it something similar to the industry standard QuarterBack Rating system.....while still listing the standard QBR on their main passers page..........and then talk about their in house QBR as if it is the standard QBR. All very confusing IMO.