Kiko named PFWA Defensive ROTY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the way Kiko plays, but he has a lot to improve on if the Bills are going to shore up the run D.

Always with the overcast conditions.

Could rain or snow anytime.

No one in the world expected this kid to come on as strong and carry that mojo till the end of the season .

Just one of the most impressive personal efforts i have been a witness to during my NFL experience .

This kid is/ should be a Buffalo hero.

Detractors be damned. Nose meet face Dorkington. I hoped for better from you in this elusive moment of joy for Bills fans.

Dont listen to him Kiko ! Keep doing your thang kid !!!!

please retort. My arsenal is loaded

I hope Chuck Driesbach is smiling somewhere at the moment over this news. It's a feather in his cap.

GO BILLS!!!

I want to acknowledge this, and agree...I came to this post looking to comment the same thing. Especially after reading the article about how he is "shocked," and got "positive comments" (texts) from Kiko Alonso and others. ("I miss being part of that organization." - Chuck Driesbach)

Anyways...hopefully now the NFL can get this "Rookie of the Year" thing right. #Kiko4DROY

Edited by DJshnooks

About 15 LBS more would really help

He needs help ?

He needs to add weight ?

Okay.

maybe you could mention that to him : )

I suspect the Bills will gather up a thumper for 1st and second down since neither Moats nor Bradham can fill that role.

wish we scored Dansby last year.

And that is exactly where I would want a rookie like that to be.

Check that brother !!

I would like to see him kill fewer people out there next year. I know it will be hard for him to improve on this, but nobody deserves to die.

I disagree. on principle

He needs help ?

He needs to add weight ?

Okay.

maybe you could mention that to him : )

I suspect the Bills will gather up a thumper for 1st and second down since neither Moats nor Bradham can fill that role.

wish we scored Dansby last year.

Check that brother !!

I disagree. on principle

Dansby is a FA again. He only had a 1-year deal with AZ. Maybe they'll take another run at him?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Dansby is a FA again. He only had a 1-year deal with AZ. Maybe they'll take another run at him?

Dont think it has not crossed my mind after his fairly successful season this season .

If it isnt him , I hope Pettine looks at it as might be someone similar in skill set.

Should be interesting as i bet Mike is chomping again for key additions.

PS just say NO to Spikes for anyone who might even consider it. Horrible person/player /man

Edited by 3rdand12

Kid played every snap and for that he deserves high praise. I hope he is able to get bigger. I hope he is part of the solution and not part of the problem stopping the run. I still have my doubts. I look at the Seahawks and 49er's LB's and every one of them is bigger than Kiko - inside and out. Perhaps a major upgrade playing next to him will help him as well. Moats and/or Bradham might be the two worst starting line backers in the league.

Not to rain on your parade, birthday boy, but Richardson had a very good year for the Jest and the media machine that is NY City just may influence some of the lazier writers out there. I think Kiko deserves it as well, though.

Go A-Rod! (that was just for you and the clerk down at the Hess station).

GO BILLS!!!

Pajamas.

It's odd watching Kiko play. His body type makes him look like a safety. Then you see him standing next to the D-linesmen and he's taller than they are. I think he could add a little weight and be just as fast and quick, and a little better against the run, but what will really make him even better than this year is experience. His main flaw this year was that he guessed wrong on gap assignments sometimes and took himself out of plays. When he fixes that, he's going to be fantastic.

It's odd watching Kiko play. His body type makes him look like a safety. Then you see him standing next to the D-linesmen and he's taller than they are. I think he could add a little weight and be just as fast and quick, and a little better against the run, but what will really make him even better than this year is experience. His main flaw this year was that he guessed wrong on gap assignments sometimes and took himself out of plays. When he fixes that, he's going to be fantastic.

I always see Brian Urlacher when I look at him. Urlacher was a safety in college, if I recall correctly.... and converted to MLB. Am I the only one who sees this similarity?

Dont think it has not crossed my mind after his fairly successful season this season .

If it isnt him , I hope Pettine looks at it as might be someone similar in skill set.

Should be interesting as i bet Mike is chomping again for key additions.

PS just say NO to Spikes for anyone who might even consider it. Horrible person/player /man

Does not seem like a Marrone-type player at all

Link to interview yesterday with Kiko on John Murphy Show podcast about the award, last season and next season: (interview starts at 8:12 mark)

http://www.buffalobi...b7-38f77f59bcf4

Interesting that he said no one has talked to him about moving from MLB to OLB and he has not even thought about doing it.

Edited by YoloinOhio