Kiko named PFWA Defensive ROTY

He definitely played well for a rookie and earned the honor. Yet, it could be just me but the big plays he made early in the season seemed to be over with by mid-year. Maybe teams began avoiding him when in coverage a bit after his hot start with Ints. I suspect his off season workouts will focus on strength and endurance. He seemed to be on empty by the season's end. Excellent pick all told.

Edited by Spiderweb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did earn some respect was accounted for it seems . Alonso had to have been gassed.

This kinda irritated me that Pettine put so much pressure on the kid. Not just in snap counts , but in his responsibilities.

Play calling and his match ups .

He did earn some respect was accounted for it seems . Alonso had to have been gassed.

This kinda irritated me that Pettine put so much pressure on the kid. Not just in snap counts , but in his responsibilities.

Play calling and his match ups .

He was up for it. He wanted it all from day one, according to the reports from camp.

He was up for it. He wanted it all from day one, according to the reports from camp.

not surprised at that YOLO , and he did one hell of a job . Kid is amazing I think.

But i sure would have like to see him moved around a bit and maybe even spelled once in a while.

Lets hope we can get someone to play along side him who may also be able to be a 3 down guy.

Could a Kuechly type and Alonso line up together and play both run and pass effectively ?

Just imagine something like that.

I bet when Kiko has a little/alot better supporting cast {no offense meant Arthur and Nigel and Ty } and the offseason to rest and prepare he will take a significant step up .

Like i said before i along with others are enamored with him . Lets hope the new DC doesnt mess him around. : (

Ps i am really keen on what Bills do at the linebackers position this year : )

Edited by 3rdand12

He was terrible the last half of the season.

Tough crowd. You are aware that he played 100% of snaps in his rookie season, which was the most on the team, yet played 7 more games (inc. preseason) than he played in any year in college (and that would include a bowl game)? Hardly terrible production, when it is well known that all rookies are expected to hit a wall both mentally and physically. Not only did he play through that, but he also hurt his knee toward the end of the year and played through injury. Manti Teo (drafted ahead of Kiko), by comparison, played only 50% of snaps this year in the games once he did finally make it on the field halfway through the season after his injury. Edited by YoloinOhio

Tough crowd. You are aware that he played 100% of snaps in his rookie season, which was the most on the team yet played 7 more games (inc. preseason) than he played in any year in college (and that would include a bowl game)? Hardly terrible production. Manti Teo, by comparison, played only 50% of snaps this year in the games once he did finally make it on the field halfway through the season after his injury.

Don't even bother responding to him. He's a troll.